• 28(current)
[CLOSED] Amazon Cloud Drive for KODI
(2017-03-04, 20:54)Techhead33 Wrote: Hey dmdsoftware,

Here is the link from the kodi download page:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...on_rc1.exe

Thanks

Thank you, I'll investigate.
(2017-03-03, 05:46)Techhead33 Wrote: Hey dmdsoftware,

I am having an issue with the 0.2.10 plugin running on Windows 10 and KODI 17.1. Kodi is hanging up when i try to exit with the plugin installed and enabled. Kodi will hang up regardless if I open the plugin or not. I have to end up killing Kodi. If I disable the plugin then Kodi closes just fine without any issue. I have opened the Kodi log and this is what I am seeing at the end of the log...

22:36:38.258 T:8796 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(2, C:\Users\Techhead33\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.acd-testing\default.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

I have encryption enabled and using encfs4win. I am able to stream encrypted video files just fine. Please let me know if I can provide any more information!

Thank you,
Techhead33

Just to clarify, this happens even when you never enter the plugin (the last line about the kill in 5 seconds)?
(2017-01-31, 18:49)Yorick Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 06:04)manuelin Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 23:58)dmdsoftware Wrote: Great suggestion. Crypt in rclone works a lot like encfs. Will check if it feasible to support their encryption method.

It would be very interesting and very useful to implement in this addon the use of Rclone Crypt in addition to the currently supported EncFS.
ddurdle, is there any news regarding the support of the Rclone Crypt encryption method?

Thank you very much ddurdle and sorry for my bad english Wink

I´m interested too in Rclone Crypt. Is there any possibility to add this option?

Regards

Another vote for rclone. If we get it working for this I am assuming it can also be implemented in the GDrive plugin and ..and .. Cloud is the limit Big Grin
I installed Kodi 17 and used my entire amazon email for my account name and it worked. I uploaded a FLAC album I have and it shows the album but the folder is empty.

Update: I am a stupid idiot and solved my problem
I have uploaded several movies to my amazon drive and can access my account and see the video files. But when I go to play the files I get a loading icon, caching starts at 0% in the top right corner, then both those disappear and nothing happens. Sometimes it will just give me a playback error but never has it streamed the videos from my drive.
After struggling a while (few hours) to enroll an account I got it to work.
I couldn't quite wrap my head around the whole authentication system that's built around dmdsoftware.net and google apps(?)

Some questions and comments.
  • I was wondering if there's some benefit to use the dmdsoftware website / google apps for login?
  • Rclone authorizes directly with Amazon token code from the browser, so could this plugin do the same?

Kodi 17.1 Stable & [v0.2.3] plugin :
I've tested some 20 Mbps videos and Kodi can stop to buffer while watching.
When I choose to make a video available offline, the transfer rates jumps up to constant 200-250 Mbps (350 is max for me),
so bandwidth doesn't seem to be the issue here.
  • Can we set a MB size to buffer ahead?
  • Cache chunk size seems to be doing similar thing, but it doesn't seem to be buffering much ahead.

Kodi 16.1 and [v0.1.10] plugin:
Seems to be performing a lot better than 17.1 and testing plugin.
5 minute 35 Mbps video played through fine without any buffering interrupts.

I've yet to attempt with 16.1 and testing plugin, but I'll do that aswell.

UPDATE:

Buffering is again affecting every setup I've tried Sad
Transfer speeds seem to be ranging from 20 to 60 Mbps. Even download speed is wildly variable.

UPDATE2:

Looks like registering via amazon.com forces my data to be saved to US-East datacenter.
Meanwhile registering from amazon.de uses EU-WEST datacenter.

I'm Europe based, so performance problems might be fixed with new account.

UPDATE3:
Speed issues solved with new DE account.
Now I only wish that we had Rclone mount support for Windows or Kodi Rclone Crypt support.

At the moment Linux seems to be the only option to successfully stream rclone encrypted videos with Kodi.
One option could be to use VPS to decrypt it and share over VPN, but that it gets a bit too complicated at that point..
(2017-03-24, 11:48)Anvi Wrote: After struggling a while (few hours) to enroll an account I got it to work.
I couldn't quite wrap my head around the whole authentication system that's built around dmdsoftware.net and google apps(?)

Some questions and comments.
  • I was wondering if there's some benefit to use the dmdsoftware website / google apps for login?
  • Rclone authorizes directly with Amazon token code from the browser, so could this plugin do the same?

Kodi 17.1 Stable & [v0.2.3] plugin :
I've tested some 20 Mbps videos and Kodi can stop to buffer while watching.
When I choose to make a video available offline, the transfer rates jumps up to constant 200-250 Mbps (350 is max for me),
so bandwidth doesn't seem to be the issue here.
  • Can we set a MB size to buffer ahead?
  • Cache chunk size seems to be doing similar thing, but it doesn't seem to be buffering much ahead.

Kodi 16.1 and [v0.1.10] plugin:
Seems to be performing a lot better than 17.1 and testing plugin.
5 minute 35 Mbps video played through fine without any buffering interrupts.

I've yet to attempt with 16.1 and testing plugin, but I'll do that aswell.

UPDATE:

Buffering is again affecting every setup I've tried Sad
Transfer speeds seem to be ranging from 20 to 60 Mbps. Even download speed is wildly variable.

UPDATE2:

Looks like registering via amazon.com forces my data to be saved to US-East datacenter.
Meanwhile registering from amazon.de uses EU-WEST datacenter.

I'm Europe based, so performance problems might be fixed with new account.

UPDATE3:
Speed issues solved with new DE account.
Now I only wish that we had Rclone mount support for Windows or Kodi Rclone Crypt support.

At the moment Linux seems to be the only option to successfully stream rclone encrypted videos with Kodi.
One option could be to use VPS to decrypt it and share over VPN, but that it gets a bit too complicated at that point..

Im not sure if i understand your Post correct anvi:

Do you connect AmazonCloud with Kodi und rclone? So you are able to transfer your Content with rclone encrypted in the AmazonCloud first. And Second you can view this content entctypted with rclone and Kodi. So you didn't´t use encfs?. An all is secure?

Have i Unterstand this right or have i wrote complete nonsense?

If i have you understand right, Please give a short but clear description of the different steps you made. Thanks

Alotthings
(2017-03-24, 11:48)Anvi Wrote: [*]Rclone authorizes directly with Amazon token code from the browser, so could this plugin do the same?

I could do the same but are you going to type a long complicated code using the KODI screen keyboard with a remote control? It's not like you can copy and paste the kodi from a computer onto a separate media device.

You are also timed. The code expires in < 2 mins.
(2017-05-03, 20:24)Alotthings Wrote: Im not sure if i understand your Post correct anvi:

Do you connect AmazonCloud with Kodi und rclone? So you are able to transfer your Content with rclone encrypted in the AmazonCloud first. And Second you can view this content entctypted with rclone and Kodi. So you didn't´t use encfs?. An all is secure?

Have i Unterstand this right or have i wrote complete nonsense?

If i have you understand right, Please give a short but clear description of the different steps you made. Thanks

Alotthings

I connected from "ACD for Kodi" to unencrypted ACD remote using a Windows machine.

Of course with Linux you don't need any plugins, because you can just mount your whole ACD remote with rclone and stream it with Kodi.
Encryption was also very easy to set up.

I see that my references to rclone could've been a bit confusing Smile

(2017-05-03, 22:33)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 11:48)Anvi Wrote: [*]Rclone authorizes directly with Amazon token code from the browser, so could this plugin do the same?

I could do the same but are you going to type a long complicated code using the KODI screen keyboard with a remote control? It's not like you can copy and paste the kodi from a computer onto a separate media device.

You are also timed. The code expires in < 2 mins.

Rclone manages to capture the token from web browser somehow, but I guess some Kodi systems wont have web browser at all.
Anyway an option for token auth would be nice. I'm sure some users are running Kodi on Windows or Linux, so even copy paste would work.
(2017-05-04, 09:44)Anvi Wrote: I connected from "ACD for Kodi" to unencrypted ACD remote using a Windows machine.

Of course with Linux you don't need any plugins, because you can just mount your whole ACD remote with rclone and stream it with Kodi.
Encryption was also very easy to set up.

I see that my references to rclone could've been a bit confusing Smile

Thanks for the information. If mount my AmazonCloud with rclone there's a strange situation.

If i changed in the rclone-mounted directory with cd an use the comad ls than i can see the files on my Amazoncloud.

If I use Kodi to add the directory with kodi (i use xbian) , i can not see the files. The same directory where i can see the files seems to be complete empty! so nothing to play...SadSad

Does someone has an idea why this behavior is so strange and what i have to change to see the files in kodiHuh
Hay friend thankyou so much to make me already join here
(2017-05-05, 05:33)Alotthings Wrote: If i changed in the rclone-mounted directory with cd an use the comad ls than i can see the files on my Amazoncloud.

If I use Kodi to add the directory with kodi (i use xbian) , i can not see the files. The same directory where i can see the files seems to be complete empty! so nothing to play...SadSad

Sorry for off topic .. I can't send private messages Smile

here's the complete guide. I had no problems browsing the ACD mount using Kodi (Ubuntu).
You have to mount the ACD remote with FUSE.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/com...backup_on/
Promoted latest build

LATEST (latest stable) [v0.2.12]
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.2.12.zip
Folks can join the Slack team here -> http://104.193.224.179:3000/

And once in, can subscribe to the channel for this plugin here -> https://ddurdle.slack.com/messages/C59UUL8LC/
Hi, been using EncFSMP for windows and have found when I stream from my ACD I get alot of buffering and also kodi 17 locks up sometimes, after reading this post by dmdsoftware

"Did some windows testing on encfs. Pushing out a 0.2.5 release to use mtime stats instead of ctime stats (as ctime stats do not appear to be implemented in may implementations). Findings below. The product I recommend for windows encfs is encfs-reloaded for playback. Will do more testing.

I setup a VM of Windows and tried the various encfs products and findings below.

encfs MP
- although this looked promissing, got a stream working momentarly, it encountered reliability issues and error log on the software product filled with error messages and results were inconsistent (failed 4 out of 5 times tested). Generated read and write errors trying to delete files, etc. Deemed not usable
- i noticed ctime stats would fail on this product (generate error in log and returns 0 to KODI). I decided to move to mtime stats instead

boxcryptor classic
- looked promising but decrypted data is not made available until lock released on file. Not usable.

safe
- uses webdav and could not figure out a way to share the target with host OS to test

encfs-reloaded - https://github.com/kriswebdev/encfs4win-reloaded
- consistent results. Worked for photos and videos. Data is made available to KODI as it is decrypted."

Seem's I have to use encfs-reloaded but this is command line based I have no idea how to use it and also my .encfs6 is in another location, all this is ran on a headless windows 7 file server so it needs to be automated. If EncFSMP did not have these issues I was more or less done, would appreciate any help with encfs4win-reloaded, btw amazing plugin.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Amazon Cloud Drive for KODI7