17.2 doesn't include NextPVR client
This problem is affecting me as well. I have an NVIDIA Shield Android TV, and I upgraded from Kodi 17.1 to the newly released Kodi 17.2. It was already configured to connect to the NextPVR server running on a Windows 10 computer, and it was working on Kodi 17.1 just fine. When I opened the Kodi application on the Shield, I was presented with a dialog that says: "PVR Clients: NextPVR PVR Client, Add-on couldn't be loaded. Can't load shared library." I have verified that the server is running by navigating to it's web client, and I have rebooted the NVIDIA Shield for good measure.
Same thing is happening on my Android phone ("Add-on couldn't be loaded. Can't load shared library."), but after upgrading to Kodi 17.2 on my Windows 8.1 machine, the NextPVR addon has completely disappeared! Trying to search for it under Settings, Addons and nothing is found.
Just installed 17.2, seems to be missing the entire NextPVR addon.

Is this on purpose or an error? I noticed the installer is about 78449 KB vs 17.1 being 81889 KB.

Anyone thinking of upgrading should wait it they want or need the NextPVR addon, or backup the pvr.NextPVR addon folder before you upgrade.
Thread with same topic

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314899
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I confirm this on windows with 17.2.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Same here no next pvr

Sent from my HTC_M10h
Just installed this morning. Android auto updated so I needed to update my Main PC since I use MYSQL to sync watched status. I do not even see NEXTPVR client to enable on my main PC (Windows). Guess Ill have to manually re-install 17.1 to all my updated androids until it gets resolved
I can confirm that I have this same problem with the NextPVR addon failing to start on my one Android TV device that updated to 17.2. My Windows 10 machine and the other Android TV device that have not updated yet still work perfectly fine.
Windows 10 Pro x64 user here with Kodi just updated to 17.2

I was already having issues recently with Kodi 17.1 not being able to load the NextPVR Addon, and now with 17.2 it seems the addon isn't even there o.O

Any idea what gives,?

if logs would help i'll be happy to provide whatever is needed to help fix this.
I'm glad I read this before I 'upgraded' my media centre PC, I've just ditched sky and finished the kodi/next pvr setup and got the WAF, tonight I was going to put kodi on her phone so she could shedule recordings and found its not working on mine, manually installed the 17.1 apk but that doesnt seem to have fixed it either such a shame it was all working perfectly why did someone break it Sad
I don't know how you could check this, but perhaps someone with more "Kodi Knowledge" could either inform me or check it out. Has the NextPVR add-on been removed from the standard set of repositories that gets loaded with a Kodi install? Has the add-on been migrated to a different respository?
check out the other thread, apparently 17.3 is incoming:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314899
I can confirm that installing the newly released Kodi 17.3 and re-enabling the NextPVR add-on has resolved this issue for me.
my nextpvr will still not load even in the 17.3 and just to be sure i did a full wipe and tried again still not able to enable nextpvr addon
Last night I installed 17.2 twice and there was no NextPVR. This morning I installed 17.3 and it was there. I had to enable it but then it worked perfectly. Now I just have to put 17.3 on my tablet and Android TV Box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
17.2 doesn't include NextPVR client0