• 53(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-06-12, 02:26)Vidman Wrote: What happened to Google assistant support? I thought that was meant to come about now?

They're still waiting on Google to release Assistant for Android TV.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-06-06, 22:46)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 08:57)T800 Wrote: Is there a simple way to add infrared to the newer Shield?

Buy a Flirc.

I did just this and it works like a champ with the Logitech 650 Harmony I have.
I hate clicking twice to pause a video, so I installed KeyMap Editor and changed it so a single press of the remote button pauses. I also set it so that a long press of the same button will bring up the OSD, but that isn't working. The play/pause command is 61453, and the OSD command is 16838669. Has anyone done this before?
I am sorry if this has been asked before. I searched for it, but could not find and answer, at least with they keywords I was using.

My AVR is an Yamaha Adventage RX-A1050. In order to fully support HDR on my Xbox and Playstation, I need to set 4K to mode 1 (4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 format). But when it's set to Mode 1, I get no video displayed from my Shield (v2015) at all.

If I switch to Mode 2 (4:2:0), I get perfect video from my Shield, but no HDR support on my game consoles.

Yamaha says about Mode 1: "Inputs/ouputs 4K (60hz/50hz) signals in 4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 format. Depending ont he connected device or HDMI cables, video may noe be displayed correctly, in this case, select MODE 2"

I suppose this is because I am enabling HDR mode on my AVR inputs. Now my question is.. if I get a 2017 version, which has full HDR support, will I be able to use Mode 1?

Or maybe it's because my shield resolution is [email protected], and I should set it at 60hz? (59.94 is the recommended setting by Shield)

Thanks for any comments
Hi - anyone know what might be causing me to get serious audio sync lag in Kodi via my NVidia Shield (2017) unit? No audio sync issues when pass through enabled on SPMC, but under Kodi v17.3 (via Google Store) I cannot for the life of me get the video and audio to match up. I've played with the sync feature on the Shield, but I still can't get it to line up correctly, and can't figure out why it works perfectly in SPMC but not in Kodi.

My AVR is a Yamaha RX-V581 in mode 1 (4k passthrough).

Any ideas?
I just purchased a Nvidia Shield. Also have a Mi Box. Am trying to use the same external Hard Drive I use in the Mi for the Shield. But when I try to add video files to the library, in SPMC in Shield, it does not build the library same as in the Mi Box ( with Info and fancy artwork).

Is the same Hard drive "swappable" between Shield and Mi Box OR does the data differ and could be interfering?
(2017-06-21, 23:50)insync44 Wrote: I just purchased a Nvidia Shield. Also have a Mi Box. Am trying to use the same external Hard Drive I use in the Mi for the Shield. But when I try to add video files to the library, in SPMC in Shield, it does not build the library same as in the Mi Box ( with Info and fancy artwork).

Is the same Hard drive "swappable" between Shield and Mi Box OR does the data differ and could be interfering?

Dont use TMDB as a scrapper on SPMC, add the Universal Movie Scrapper instead and it will work just fine for you
(2017-06-22, 14:17)MaDWeeGiE Wrote:
(2017-06-21, 23:50)insync44 Wrote: I just purchased a Nvidia Shield. Also have a Mi Box. Am trying to use the same external Hard Drive I use in the Mi for the Shield. But when I try to add video files to the library, in SPMC in Shield, it does not build the library same as in the Mi Box ( with Info and fancy artwork).

Dont use TMDB as a scrapper on SPMC, add the Universal Movie Scrapper instead and it will work just fine for you

I just did that last night, and am very happy with the result. Better scraping results, no errors in the log, and some movies and music dvd's the TMDB-scraper could never find (even with a movie.nfo file with the link to the right movie) are finally in my library.
Hello
My SHIELD 2017 / v5.1

I found many updates that missed me Smile

SHIELD Experience Upgrade 5.2 || Kodi 17.3 || Spmc 15.7

Are there any problems with updates ? Like pass-through  in Kodi or Spmc and Any problems with SHIELD Upgrade 5.2 ?

Or everything okay ?
I really would appreciate some help. Purchased a Shield, 16GB version, a few days ago and everything has gone smoothly in setting up with two exceptions. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure out what. I also have a Mi Box which works perfectly.

Cannot install my 4TB HD, Movies and TV, on Kodi and/or SPMC. I mean I can see the attached HD, when I do "Videos" but the Library does not install with all the fan art, posters etc. On my Mi Box I have no problem. It shows as a beautiful Library, but on the Shield, nada. The Shield shows "External Hard Drive (Movies and TV). Then I go through the BROWSE, TVDB etc but no Library.

The Plex Media server installs on the Shield and it shows in File Explorer as "Plex Media Server Local Host" but that is all. When I go to Plex Web Servers it says "No Server available".

Shield Instructions say "First, open the Google Play store and navigate to My Apps. Check to make sure there isn't a pending update for Plex Media Server. If there is, install the update.

Second, go to Settings > Device > Storage & reset > SHIELD storage access > Over local network, to turn this feature on.

You'll be presented with a user name and preset password that you can use on a networked PC to access SHIELD folders. Make sure your PC is on the same network as your SHIELD.

I don't get any "Over Local Network" on my unit.

It Shows my PC Name and says Name and Password but doesn't accept my Microsoft NAME and PASSWORD.

Its a nightmarish. sounds all easy in the Instructions but doesn't work for me.

BTW I can access all the Plex movies and TV Shows from Shield on my Computer but I want to install from my Hard Drive to Shield.

Thanks in advance.
Hi all

I need some advice regarding frame rate settings when it comes to Nvidia Shield,KODI, SPMC.

Regarding the bug with auto switch frame rate:
"If you have the Shield connected to a newer AVR with HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 port and then have the AVR connected to a HDMI/HDCP 1.4 display, Kodi/SPCM/Plex/Archos Video/ViMu Media Player or any other app that supports refresh rate switching will not be able to switch the refresh rate. The refresh rate will remain on whatever you have set in "Display & Sound". With update 5.0 there is an additional bug: you can't even change the refresh rate or color space manually."

Most of my movies are encoded with frame rate 23.976. If i go to Nvidia Settings "Display & Sound" and manually set 23.976. What frame rate should i then set in Kodi? 24?, 23.9? I cant find any settings that says 23.976.

Please guide me how i can achive correct frame rate on my movies.

/Henke
@Henke123 In Player settings change for expert mode and enable Adjust display refresh rate

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através de Tapatalk
Thanks. What about the settings in "Settings /System /Display “. In there I can change to either 23.98, 24, 23.97.

What should I choose there?
Have my 2017 shield 16gb set up with mysql advanced settings file and everything appears ok except for music thumbs (album covers)

in my host kodi pc i have this in my advanced settings file below because it works better with that pc and my beets software. Could it be that below that is stopping them from loading?

<musicthumbs>
<remove>folder.jpg|Folder.jpg|folder.JPG|Folder.JPG</remove>
<add>cover.jpg|Cover.jpg|cover.JPG|Cover.JPG</add>
</musicthumbs>
[update] Fixed it. For some reason I had to reboot kodi before the settings worked.

How to do Artist Slideshow:

Current Kodi version: 17.3
Current skin: Aeon Nox 6.0.1
Installed Artist Slideshow 2.0.7 and Artist Slideshow helper
Enabled fanart.tv (generated API key) and music db as well in the Artist Slideshow settings
In music settings (while playing, hit select, then choose the cog) I set background to Artist Slideshow
System: Kodi on NVidia Shield 2015
Video: Panasonic AE3000 Projector / Samsung 46" LCD
Audio: Quad 2912 on Nord DM500Up with Marantz 7010 receiver.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188