v17 Deleteing movies from the library
I am guessing that when you delete movies from the server location that is configured in the library and you re-scan from Kodi they will be removed from Kodi too once the scan is complete.

I may need to at some stage...

Am I right in this?
No.

1) You can either delete movies from Kodi, so that the database entry is removed, as well as the actual file (depending on the user's choice).

2) Deleting movies from a server outside of Kodi is possible.You will have to use the 'Clean Library' option to have the movie entry removed from Kodi's database. The first option is much easier though.
Thanks - How do you delete movies from Kodi then?
Highlight the movie you want to delete

1. Call up the Context Menu
2. Select Manage
3. Select Remove from library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks guys Smile
Not sure about now but in the past deleting from within Kodi only deletes the file. The folder remains. You might take this into consideration if you have the file inside a folder. Test to be certain this behavior still exists or not. Also understand any deletion does not end up in the recycle bin. Once you delete within Kodi, it's gone unless you immediately ran a recovery program.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Yep too easy if you have a lot of kids or visitors or just often big finger fumble your remote. I'm not a deleter very often. Prefer to do it on the server and then clean. Then I know it's a considered deliberate decision.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I seem to remember there was an option to disable the option to delete files through "standard" Kodi GUI (without limiting the interface to Kiosk mode), but I can't recall where that was found. Am I imagining things, or is/was this somewhere in the settings?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Media settings/General/Allow file renaming and deletion.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Tried it on my Kodi install on my laptop and it deletes the entry but not the actual file as I could update the library and get the entry back.

Where is the menu with the option to clean the library? Might be easier to do it that way I think.
Settings>Media Settings>General.

There you will see "Allow file renaming and deletion"

Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Also, ensure your menu is set to at least Advanced
My Signature
(2017-07-09, 08:33)martinjh99 Wrote: Tried it on my Kodi install on my laptop and it deletes the entry but not the actual file as I could update the library and get the entry back.

Where is the menu with the option to clean the library? Might be easier to do it that way I think.

You should get asked 2 questions, do you want to remove library entry? then do you want to delete the file? See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2613108
Add this to advancedsettings.xml and set Kodi to 'Update Library on startup' for Videos and/or Music. After you manually remove a title, cleaning will be automated. Adding a title will be automated as well.

<videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>

I would prefer to delete only when directly logged to my server. Most of my kodi instances have read access only for the connect user. My main box in living room has write as well in case i want to download a sub. But since i always (nowadays) look for subs and fantart etc while the movie is still in some test instance of kodi (and before i move it into my media lib). Perhaps i could / should revoke all write access from users connecting to my media lib. no deletions from within kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleteing movies from the library0