• 58(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
(2017-07-21, 01:50)Sjors125 Wrote: So I've bought the Minix Neo U9-H, which has a S912-H Soc, to be sure I have DTS HDMA passthrough.
I've read in the Kodi boxes topic that there is no working LibreElec version for the U9.
I followed all steps that were recommended in this topic and in the topics on the Minixforum.
Passthrough works, but only after clearing my Android cache and after some short amount of time (probably after a restart of my U9) the passthrough does not work anymore.

So far I have chosen the right Android box, from a decent manufacturer. I followd all the right steps. So what do I do know?
Just tell Kodi not to use passthrough for DTS?

I have the same box as you. I had to install a custom codec for the mx player app. Open the mx player in your apps, go to mx player settings, go to decoder, scroll down to custom codec. Note the version listed. My version was ARMV7 NEON. go to the play store and download the matching mx player codec and install it. This solved all my passthrough issues. Watched Sully in full 7.1. Atmos
Hi, I've a box with s912 (r-box pro) running Android 7.1
I've installed the shitty build as suggested here but passthrough still doesn't work.
I've enabled PT in KODI settings, and sync is disabled. Is there anything else I need to do to get it working?

Also, can someone please explain why the native player that comes with the box can output DTS and DD just fine if the firmware for s912 is fundamentally broken as suggested here?

many thanks.
Not again ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If the AMLogic Android 7.x S912 device Firmware was up to snuff it would already include the Krypton required - IEC61937 Audio passthrough support and no shitty build would even be needed.

Normal things to check would be to reset all Krypton Audio settings back to default do not mess with the Audio Channel number (leave at 2.0), make sure Player > Sync Playback to Display is disabled and Expert mode (bottom left in settings) is enabled in Krypton.

Otherwise its over to the Freaktab Website to search for superior 3rd party Alternate Android Firmware - just like all the other cheap AML Android box users.

Nevermind....User Error....

Thanks
You can tell use by posting your Debug Log - as 17.3 did not change for sure - it's something on the FireTV side.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-08-13, 21:04)fritsch Wrote: You can tell use by posting your Debug Log - as 17.3 did not change for sure - it's something on the FireTV side.

Thanks Fritsch...it looks like it was user error on my part.
My Firetv was only passing 2.0 before because I had 7.1 set in settings (instead of pass through/2.0)
Now that its set right it does, (as I assume all firetv's do), pass dolby digital with Kodi, but it will not pass DTS or HD audio formats.
Which I knew when I bought it.

Sorry about the post above.........
Is the current shitty version based on 17.4 RC1?
https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc/commits/shitty
Please excuse that i am not a coder, so i dont know what that means regarding my question.
My question then is: What from 17.4-rc1 do you need / want? Latest and greatest or a concrete fix?
Just latest one due to the fact there some bugfixes. I dont think
that i noticed the mentioned bugs yet, but just to be sure ;-)
Hi,

I have a Amlogic S812 device. I tried the shitty and notsoshitty version but video freeze when I try to activate audio passthrough...
Is there a way to make it works?

thanks
For you...Dual Boot using a SD card and....
[INDEX] LibreELEC community builds for Amlogic

Hm, I tried kodi-20170816-bc46b78-shitty-armeabi-v7a.apk on latest stable 17.3 build on new Fire Stick and it actually broke Kodi. Every time I wanted to start a movie from my library it crushed back to Fire Stick menu.

I had to de-install everything and re-install 17.3.

Which "shitty" is the correct one for 17.3?
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178