• 120(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
if i say alexa ask kodi to play a certain movie, will it do that?
Sorry man, but I'm done here. It's very clear you have not read the documentation. The very beginning lists what the skill can do.

Further, it's quite clear that you either skipped or glossed over the Skill Setup section.

If you don't do everything exactly as the documentation says, it won't work.
Did not skipped or glossed just confused about this all
I made my own utterances and I got an error:

There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which retrned HTTP 405: Not Alowed.

All i typed was: alexa ask kodi to play
Stupid question here, Is this made for ubuntu or windows? Huh
If this is made for ubuntu heck ill switch back to ubuntu.
It is not OS-dependent.
sorry for being a brain fart about setting all this up and making you annoyed(if this is the word). I apologize. Dont know what I'm doing wrong.
There's a guy on youtube name Paul Hibbert that was showing how to set it up. He said he lost his job and asking for donations, so i email him and ask him if he will help and i told him i would pay him something for helping. But I'm gonna start fresh one more time and see if I can get it.Lol
So far so good getting things setup until i install in the command prompt this:
pip install -r requirements.txt, I got an error: couldnt open requirement file [Errnor 2] No such file or directory 'requirement.txt'
Any Mac users out there want to help a brother out ?? LOST ConfusedConfused
Here you go. Wink

But seriously.. we kinda need to know what you're stuck on to offer any help.
Hi all,

I've finally managed to get time to try this and got all the way to the last part...I'm having trouble running the slot generator or the commmand line to generate the slots. It seems to be connection refused or something to do with the ports..I've turned off my firewall and no change..I am totally stuck. If I open a browser it won't let me connect to my kodi IP address either and says something like 'not accpetint requests from http' etc...
(2017-08-17, 23:47)jingai Wrote: Here you go. Wink

But seriously.. we kinda need to know what you're stuck on to offer any help.

Was following Paul Hibberts Vid but got stuck on the part with the env.lambda as file not there anymore. Tried to follow instructions then using terminal,

Next, run these commands to configure your computer for AWS service access: pip install awscli and then aws configure. Just follow the prompts, and copy paste the keys when it asks for them. When it asks for location, if you are in the US, enter: us-east-1, and if you are in Europe: eu-west-1.

After you've done that, run pip install virtualenv. This is required for a later step.

Got to here roughly Now, clone my repo: git clone https://github.com/m0ngr31/kodi-alexa.git and cd kodi-alexa. Once you are inside the project directory, you're going to create a new "Virtual environement" and then activate it: virtualenv venv and source venv/bin/activate (if you are on Windows, that's venv\Scripts\activate.bat or venv\Scripts\activate.ps1 for Powershell).

After successful completion, run pip install -r requirements.txt, pip install packaging, and pip install zappa.
Read the official documentation, not third party guides.
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15