• 31(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
(2017-08-27, 12:18)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-27, 12:00)3500 Wrote: i found one Big Grin

Damnit, that ones keeps popping up. Cheers

@Jeroen

The same white half-screen background appears when you refresh a movie after you select whether to refresh from local information or internet.
(2017-08-27, 23:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Jeroen & @realjohngalt - re: Airdate / Airing today crash.

Most likely the reason why it is crashing (and maybe why the condition is not working) is because you used incorrect syntax. With String.IsEqual, you don't wrap info labels in info tags on *either* side. It should be:

Code:
<visible>String.IsEqual(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.NextEpisode.Airdate)​,System.Date(DDDD))</visible>

Yeah, not sure why I wrote it like that tbh Tongue Regardless though the infolabel doesn't work so I got rid of it.

(2017-08-28, 00:36)kingogondo Wrote: Is there a way to disable the permanent zoom and pan of the fanart on the homescreen? it's very restless and doesn't fit to the fanart and it wasn't present in early versions of grid.
It was, but you can turn it off in skin settings.

(2017-08-26, 03:05)kingogondo Wrote: Is there an option to display the time played and not the time remaining (video player)? Or is that a kodi setting? Could not find it.
Nope, there isn't

(2017-08-28, 01:37)morel Wrote: hebrew support will be great.
Unicode font does not look good with hebrew,
it doesn't have bold fonts and menu & sub menu all look the same size and thickens
most skins support hebrew via arial font.
Unicode fontset = Arial

But you're right, it doesn't look good. I may have found a suitable font, will try out later.

Quote:Is there a plan to add more widgets per menu item?
I'm find my self using widgets almost exclusively, kind of how amazon fire tv sorts their content
Widgets in Grid aren't tied to specific menu items. See my explanation here

(2017-08-28, 01:56)Kokonutcreme Wrote: @Jeroen

The same white half-screen background appears when you refresh a movie after you select whether to refresh from local information or internet.
In the latest version too? Because I put in a fix earlier today.
(2017-08-28, 02:31)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-28, 01:56)Kokonutcreme Wrote: @Jeroen

In the latest version too? Because I put in a fix earlier today.

Updated to v1.1.9 and it still occurred for me when I refreshed two movies, will keep testing and report back
(2017-08-27, 19:01)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-27, 17:55)Blurayx Wrote: what's the quickest way to access add-on Browser. I have to go thought a series of clicks to get to it. Or am I missing something Huh

Just add it to your home menu.

Thanks Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
I didn't realize how much I refer to the partially watched episodes flag. Jeroen, any plans to put add in this functionality?

edit: oops, looks like the green "flame" icon turns into a play button. I think I would prefer a different colour on this... might have to make a change myself. Thanks!

edit#2: no resume icon on individual TV episodes. Any chance of getting this back in? When resuming an episode on another device, it isn't clear which one you're currently watching
@Jeroen,

I'm not sure if you are aware that marcelveldt has undated Next Aired 7.0.1. it grabs all artwork by default and now relies on the skin to show it.

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
(2017-08-28, 04:25)knewknow Wrote: edit#2: no resume icon on individual TV episodes. Any chance of getting this back in? When resuming an episode on another device, it isn't clear which one you're currently watching
When an episode (or movie) is resumable it should definitely change the icon, as in the first one here:

I recently reported #272 that the widget info labels are hidden behind the artwork when using the horizontal home menu. You never responded to this so I just want to make sure it is on your list.
@Jeroen

The white image background appearing when refreshing a movie or tvshow follows the loading of movie details and tv show details, to the naked eye it looks like its loading a landscape fallback or overlay image instead of a diffused image, had a quick look in the skins media folder and it could be the landscape-fo image in the media > views > overlay folder.
(2017-08-21, 16:40)Jeroen Wrote:
Quote:When you press down to go to the sub-menu, the main category disappears.
I've seen it once, and then I couldn't reproduce anymore. Weird, but will investigate.

@Designer
Just on this - it's not that the main menu category disappears but more that the horizontal menu is applying the same behaviour for the vertical menu in that the bold font type shifts focus from the main menu item to the submenu item. Depending upon the background colour of the main menu and if you're using the blur and fanart visual effects, it gives the appearance of the main menu disappearing when you select the sub menu.
(2017-08-28, 01:37)morel Wrote: hebrew support will be great.
Unicode font does not look good with hebrew,
it doesn't have bold fonts and menu & sub menu all look the same size and thickens
most skins support hebrew via arial font.
Jeroen Wrote:Unicode fontset = Arial

But you're right, it doesn't look good. I may have found a suitable font, will try out later.
The next update will support Hebrew characters.

(2017-08-28, 08:55)macardi Wrote: I recently reported #272 that the widget info labels are hidden behind the artwork when using the horizontal home menu. You never responded to this so I just want to make sure it is on your list.
This will be fixed in the next update.

(2017-08-28, 09:11)Kokonutcreme Wrote: The white image background appearing when refreshing a movie or tvshow follows the loading of movie details and tv show details, to the naked eye it looks like its loading a landscape fallback or overlay image instead of a diffused image, had a quick look in the skins media folder and it could be the landscape-fo image in the media > views > overlay folder.
No, it's a progressbar showing up where I don't want it. Next update will have a fix. Again, but I think this takes care of it.
(2017-08-27, 17:34)Blurayx Wrote: Thank you for fixing the artist slideshow and explaining the favourites view issue. From what you're saying, I completely understand that its not worth the hassle
Well, I took a look at using skin helper's widget paths for this anyway. And even though there are some issue to solve on the add-on's side, it's proving to be less problematic than I anticipated.

In the next update you will be able to try the following:
  • Skin Settings > Menus > Customise home menu and widgets > Add shortcut
  • Hit the button with the target / crosshair icon
  • Select Grid > Favourites
  • Select one of the two options here. The first one will use all your favourites, the second one will use only your media favourites

When you return to the home menu it will rebuild and favourites will show up. This will now open favourites in a richer list view and you will be able to use the landscape view too. If this goes well I will look into enabling more view types (there will still be limitations to the availability of view types and the metadata available because reasons mentioned before, but it will surely be better).
This is to be considered experimental though, if this leads to other issues I may remove it again (and put it on my list to revisit after the official release).

Just to be clear: the above is not yet available at the time of writing, but will be later today.
Something else now,

I would like to take a moment to thank all of you for your overwhelming reactions, bug reports and comments so far. The response to Grid has been way bigger and better than I could have ever anticipated.

Also, I have been receiving donations from several people. Some of which I can identify through their forum names and thank personally, others I unfortunately can’t.

I definitely don’t want to draw attention to it every time, but I was raised to be thankful. So please consider this my thank you note to everyone who has donated, and to anyone who will do so in the future. I feel it's my obligation to express my gratitude.

And the final note about this, I want to also make clear that when possible any donations will be used to actually support development of the skin (and also a coffee once in a while Wink ). For example, donations I received for my previous skin have been used to get an official license for Sublime Text, the code editor I use to develop my skins. And I could see myself getting a tv tuner in the future to be better able to test the PVR functionality for example.

I will shut up about this now forever, I just needed to let you know I do appreciate the support.

Cheers,

Jeroen
(2017-08-28, 10:35)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-27, 17:34)Blurayx Wrote: Thank you for fixing the artist slideshow and explaining the favourites view issue. From what you're saying, I completely understand that its not worth the hassle
Well, I took a look at using skin helper's widget paths for this anyway. And even though there are some issue to solve on the add-on's side, it's proving to be less problematic than I anticipated.

In the next update you will be able to try the following:
  • Skin Settings > Menus > Customise home menu and widgets > Add shortcut
  • Hit the button with the target / crosshair icon
  • Select Grid > Favourites
  • Select one of the two options here. The first one will use all your favourites, the second one will use only your media favourites

When you return to the home menu it will rebuild and favourites will show up. This will now open favourites in a richer list view and you will be able to use the landscape view too. If this goes well I will look into enabling more view types (there will still be limitations to the availability of view types and the metadata available because reasons mentioned before, but it will surely be better).
This is to be considered experimental though, if this leads to other issues I may remove it again (and put it on my list to revisit after the official release).

Just to be clear: the above is not yet available at the time of writing, but will be later today.
Wow, can't wait Big Grin

I really like the two option idea(Thinking outside the box) Big Grin

Thank you
@Jeroen, how can i make a donation?

And may i recommend a TV tuner from Digital Devices. (i hope this isn't a forum violation) ;-)

UPDATE: Found it in GRID itself. Smile
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10