• 35(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
(2017-08-28, 15:11)joostzilla Wrote: Third, In the Now Playing topbar it shows the PVR backend name. This looks very technical and not very informative. Is there a way to change that?

I've looked into this, but it only brought me confusion. Could this in any way be related to your backend? And does this happen all the time? The part of the code that displays this contains no trace of anything pointing to the backend name Huh It's set to show the title of the playing video, livetv or local. I'll add a condition in the next release for it to use the episodename when available but I can imagine that not to cover all scenarios
(2017-08-30, 17:26)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-29, 14:01)Raitsa Wrote: I like to see all the Kodi addon updates listed with a date, Grid does seem to remove the update date infos?
I'll come back to you about this, seems logical but need to look into it first

Haven't found anything about an infolabel that provides the last update date of an add-on unfortunately. Did you see this before? Could it not have been a date mentioned in the changelog of the add-on?
(2017-08-30, 16:08)lstar337 Wrote: Every time I switch colour theme, the home screen background is reset to be fanart, when I use a custom image.

Confirmed. Which is a reaally strange one as these two functions should not influence eachother in any way. Will investigate, cheers.
(2017-08-30, 15:51)3500 Wrote: i found again Smile

I'm beginning to think Kodi just doesn't want me to hide this progress bar..
Anyway, tried something again, please let me know if it happens again after updating.
@Jeroen,

Excellent work, as always. Thanks so much for your efforts. Cheers.
(2017-08-31, 05:30)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-28, 15:11)joostzilla Wrote: Third, In the Now Playing topbar it shows the PVR backend name. This looks very technical and not very informative. Is there a way to change that?

I've looked into this, but it only brought me confusion. Could this in any way be related to your backend? And does this happen all the time? The part of the code that displays this contains no trace of anything pointing to the backend name Huh It's set to show the title of the playing video, livetv or local. I'll add a condition in the next release for it to use the episodename when available but I can imagine that not to cover all scenarios

I don't think it's due to the backend. I tried in the default Kodi skin and there the backend isn't shown. Only the channel name. In this case 'Q-music'
Is it possible show the channel name just like with TV. See screenshot of liveTV. So i guess first line '<Radio station>', second line 'Radio'

btw. in the icon list i miss a 'Power' icon.
Ah I see. There's an infolabel specifically for the channel name which I could use. I just imagined the programme name to be more useful (as that's what it shows for TV too, and not the channel name)?

Agreed, a power icon will be a good additon.
Love the skin Jeroen, dont know how this got under my radar.

Love how clean it is.

Im having one issue though, ratings are not showing on any views or when i press i.

Select ratings video - disabled, but i also tried IMDB/metacritic/tmdb

i have tried respacing my movies with tmdb scraper or universal movie scraper but to no avail
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2017-08-31, 13:08)Jeroen Wrote: Ah I see. There's an infolabel specifically for the channel name which I could use. I just imagined the programme name to be more useful (as that's what it shows for TV too, and not the channel name)?

Unfortunately Radio doesn't show programmes in the epg. At least not in the Dutch Ziggo epg that is included in the cablesignal.
(2017-08-31, 13:15)henrikyo Wrote: Love the skin Jeroen, dont know how this got under my radar.

Love how clean it is.

Im having one issue though, ratings are not showing on any views or when i press i.

Select ratings video - disabled, but i also tried IMDB/metacritic/tmdb

i have tried respacing my movies with tmdb scraper or universal movie scraper but to no avail
Thanks, glad you like it Smile Currently ratings are only shown in the views themselves when enabled, but not in the video information screen. Personally I don't care about ratings so I used the space allocated to the various infolabels for other info. I will probably be adding ratings to the information screen in the form of an overlay on the poster, like in the Portrait or Landscape views for example.

(2017-08-31, 13:40)joostzilla Wrote:
(2017-08-31, 13:08)Jeroen Wrote: Ah I see. There's an infolabel specifically for the channel name which I could use. I just imagined the programme name to be more useful (as that's what it shows for TV too, and not the channel name)?

Unfortunately Radio doesn't show programmes in the epg. At least not in the Dutch Ziggo epg that is included in the cablesignal.
Ok, too bad. I'll change this for the next update then.
(2017-08-31, 05:06)Jeroen Wrote: Probably best to check in the colorbox thread to be sure, but it looks like it fails to find a cached version of one of the images it generates for the blur effect. You could try to clear out
/home/lukecage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.colorbox/ and restart to trigger regeneration.
OK thanks. Will do. And take it to the colorbox thread when necessary.

EDIT: Coming to think of it. I never used the horizontal menu. Which is (the only place ?) where the blur effect is in use. (I read that earlier in this thread.)
Hi Jeroen, I hope this isn't too much to ask, but is it possible to add "Tags" in the info screen of both Movies and TV shows?. I can see there is limited space but wondering if it can be done... I use tags to add information about the movie that I find really handy. Source, encoder, if it's extended version or director's cut for ex..

And about the country info in tv show info dialog, I dont know which info provider gives that info.. Looked at tvdb and tmdb, but couldnt find it. It's displayed as "Not available" for all my tv shows..
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

(2017-09-01, 04:58)akya Wrote: Hi Jeroen, I hope this isn't too much to ask, but is it possible to add "Tags" in the info screen of both Movies and TV shows?. I can see there is limited space but wondering if it can be done... I use tags to add information about the movie that I find really handy. Source, encoder, if it's extended version or director's cut for ex..

And about the country info in tv show info dialog, I dont know which info provider gives that info.. Looked at tvdb and tmdb, but couldnt find it. It's displayed as "Not available" for all my tv shows..

Yeah, just noticed that recently too. I could have sworn thetvdb used to provide this for tvshows, but it indeed doesn't seem they do now. So, theoretically that would free up space for tags...but I highly prefer to have the same info available for movies in the same location of the screen. And with movies there just aren't any other labels I am willing to remove / sacrifice.

So, I'll have to think about how this could be added. Generally I don't like two have a toggle to choose between two pieces of info, especially when they are unrelated bits of info as it poses a forced choice.

A couple of things I am thinking about:

1. Contrary to my feelings about a forced choice above, an option could be to swap the header (which has the tagline for movies and the status for tv shows) for the list of tags. This would be a skin option defaulting to the current situation
  2. Use tags as a prefix in the plot area, separated by a line break. So first a line with the tags, empty line, plot description.

Other than that I'm not really seeing any options at the moment.

Regardless I will remove the country and use the free space for the next airdate probably.

Cheers,
(2017-08-30, 22:21)Luke Cage Wrote: @Jeroen Have you got any idea what's causing this error to be logged, or is it not serious enough to worry about? :
Code:
22:10:46.782 T:139651792758528  NOTICE: Skin Helper Widgets --> Backgroundservice started
22:10:47.106 T:139651213924096   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
                                                self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
                                              File "/home/lukecage/.kodi/addons/script.colorbox/resources/lib/Utils.py", line 140, in Color_Only
                                                img = Image.open(Img)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 2477, in open
                                                fp = builtins.open(filename, "rb")
                                            IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/lukecage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.colorbox/d22a2d328f04d3217431174921a38325.png'
22:10:47.151 T:139651773855488  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.8 started
22:10:47.151 T:139651773855488  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to false

I *think* this is because it is trying to open images from the skins /media dir. And I don't think this is allowed or do-able.
Try to use default images with special:// pathnames.
I did replicate this on Grid once since this post, and can't repeat it. I think it is when coming from horizontal to vertical menu. It may be the default bg var, I saw one that has a default media/dir/etc path.
Maybe change all default images to special://skin/extras/etc.png or w/e.

I would ideally need debug logging enabled for it to catch the error outputs if it occurs again.
Meanwhile I'll try to make the color op more robust.

edit: next git colorbox will have debug info at default kodi.log so no need to enable (while still in test)
(2017-09-01, 13:12)badaas Wrote:
(2017-08-30, 22:21)Luke Cage Wrote: @Jeroen Have you got any idea what's causing this error to be logged, or is it not serious enough to worry about? :

I *think* this is because it is trying to open images from the skins /media dir. And I don't think this is allowed or do-able.
Try to use default images with special:// pathnames.
I did replicate this on Grid once since this post, and can't repeat it. I think it is when coming from horizontal to vertical menu. It may be the default bg var, I saw one that has a default media/dir/etc path.
Maybe change all default images to special://skin/extras/etc.png or w/e.

I would ideally need debug logging enabled for it to catch the error outputs if it occurs again.
Meanwhile I'll try to make the color op more robust.

Right, so from the top of my head the only thing applicable would be the default fallback image, however this is / should only be shown when no background is set at all on the homescreen.

Regardless, one of my todo's involves making that background images customizable anyway, so moving it out of the media dir would serve both.

Thanks for the assist @badaas
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10