• 181(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2017-09-03, 11:14)ptica Wrote: Good day ,whether there is a new version of the addon for XBMC 13.2
There is no possibility to change the version of kodi on the satellite receiver VU+
thank you

Sorry we don't really support below Kodi/XBMC version 14.

Thanks
Jeff
Hi everyone, I created a program addon allowing users to easily apply custom created API keys into their Youtube addon in Kodi:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=321044
(2017-09-04, 13:26)twilight0 Wrote: Hi everyone, I created a program addon allowing users to easily apply custom created API keys into their Youtube addon in Kodi:

Thank U so much.
(2017-09-04, 13:26)twilight0 Wrote: Hi everyone, I created a program addon allowing users to easily apply custom created API keys into their Youtube addon in Kodi:

Sounds good!

Thanks
Jeff
(2017-08-29, 21:31)bonapartyparty Wrote: Hi guys,

I have a weird problem with the Youtube plugin (5.4.2). Suddenly it has become excruciatingly slow! Everything is slow, from starting it up, to showing lists, to actually starting the video (can take more dan 30s). When the video is finally playing, most of the time it stops halfway to buffer. Now here comes the strange part:

This is happening:
  • on brand new installs
  • on my Windows 10 HTPC, API keys setup properly (Kodi 17.3)
  • on my 13" MacBook Pro (2017), no API setup, not even signed in. (Kodi 17.4)
  • All my youtube related plugins suffer as well. The others don't (like VIMEO).
  • Accessing Youtube directly via a browser is working perfectly (but I like the Youtube plugin so much better!)

Maybe the problem has to do with my modem/routers but I cannot see how they could impact the workings of a Kodi Plugin.

The next logical step in diagnosing this problem would be to take my laptop to another network/wifi and check if the problem still exists. Will do that tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Update: I solved this by resetting my router to its factory defaults. And configuring it exactly as before. Well, obviously not exactly as before because the Youtube plugin is working flawlessly again! Big Grin
Is anyone working on the plugin at the moment? If so, is there any thought to implementing the YouTube "End Cards" that appear in a normal browser? Even without click-through functionality, when a YouTuber creates an end card, all you see on Kodi is 'blank space' where the click-throughs should be. (Unless they're like Philip DeFranco, and manually create their end cards with placeholder graphics each time...)

Thoughts?
3 days trying to get YouTube working in Kodi.

I've recreated API keys several times, I get to the first activate code, it fails with YouTube: LoginException
Login Failed: Code 401
Where do you see this message? In your browser, or in kodi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
This is a ASUS NUC. It is within Kodi.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jr70cbHrm2Qscrst1
Are your API keys round the right way? There are three keys that need to go in the right place. It can be confusing which is what.

Or a debug log (wiki) may give us the reason.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes I have used the tool that has example text files to show which is which. I have tried to be very sure of what i am entering.. i have redone it several times, even deleting the setting folder to blow away any remembered credentials.

Strangely it is now allowing me to search and play but not signed in, so my playlists and subscriptions not showing. I'm happy to see something play, but to have my account detail in the app would be ideal.
Please read para 2 of my post above.

EDIT: Searching this thread for LoginException tell me that this is likely caused by getting the keys wrong - see posts 2180/2181.

Did you copy and paste your keys from your browser? I do that directly into the settings file rather than trying to type it into the gui.
(2017-09-05, 09:39)Zoid420 Wrote: Yes I have used the tool that has example text files to show which is which. I have tried to be very sure of what i am entering.. i have redone it several times, even deleting the setting folder to blow away any remembered credentials.

Strangely it is now allowing me to search and play but not signed in, so my playlists and subscriptions not showing. I'm happy to see something play, but to have my account detail in the app would be ideal.

I tested with my personal keys and if placed correctly on the file, it works.
Thanks for the advice, will check again in the morning with fresh eyes.
(2017-09-04, 10:21)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-09-03, 11:14)ptica Wrote: Good day ,whether there is a new version of the addon for XBMC 13.2
There is no possibility to change the version of kodi on the satellite receiver VU+
thank you

Sorry we don't really support below Kodi/XBMC version 14.

Thanks
Jeff
thank you,very very sorrySad
  • 181(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12