• 50(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
Any chance the aspect ratio 21:9 could get support at some point? it currently just stretches the interface
Not very likely as I don’t have a 21:9 screen, and I’m pretty sure most don’t. I will gladly merge in patches for 21:9 support though.
Hey jeroen, can you please tell me how can I add this blur effect

to this top bar

(2017-09-25, 05:50)VikkiXavier Wrote: Hey jeroen, can you please tell me how can I add this blur effect

Take a look at how it's done on the home screen in IncludesHome.xml, lines 94 through 103. That's not all but it should get you started. Things like this aren't a matter of copy paste or adding a line somewhere though, I can't talk you through it step by step.
Okay, that hint means a lot. Thank you.
And.. I give up. Nvmind.
I am fine with pointing you in the right direction, but it will take some time, effort and self-reliance to figure it out. My available time is limited, if I need to talk you through it step by step I might as well code it myself as that will take me less time. Currently I want to spend all available time on getting the official release ready and providing support on the beta releases.

It wasn't meant as a hint or discouragement, just a "warning".

EDIT: Final thing about this. People really tend to underestimate what is needed to make things work. Skin developers aren't born knowing how to skin, they had to learn (and have to keep learning!) too.

You can't expect me to hand it to you on a platter any time you want to make modifications if you're not willing to at least invest the time to get a basic understanding of the skinning engine.

That sense of entitlement is what has made me want to stay out of the WIP forum for as long as possible.
Just a little heads up. Starting with the next update, the addon ID of the skin will be changed from skin.grid to skin.grid.krypton when you pull it from my repository add-on. This also means you will not see an update for your current install, but you will have to install it as a separate skin. This also means you will have to reapply any skin settings on the new install, or to copy the skin settings file from the skin.grid install to the skin.grid.krypton install.

If you are using the Leia version nothing will change for you as that one is already using a different addon ID (skin.grid.leia).

This is needed because I am preparing for an official release on the Kodi repo. That version will use the skin.grid addon ID. If I would keep using the same addon ID in my repository this would mean the official release would be overwritten with a beta when one is available. So my repository will continue to be a beta channel so to speak.

After the next update any versions using the skin.grid addon ID will be removed.

If you do nothing, eventually your current install will be updated with the official release on the Kodi repo.
Fanart is being used in place of season posters in "List View".. I am on 1.2.40
Edit: same for movie fanart being displayed instead of movie posters and landscape being displayed for tv show posters..
https://i.imgur.com/8ql8OBo.png
https://i.imgur.com/uZgNevZ.png
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

No bug reports on the Leia version please.

But: I am aware of it, not sure what happened. Possibly a merge gone wrong. Will be pushing a commit soon that hopefully gets it back to normal.
(2017-09-26, 07:59)Jeroen Wrote: No bug reports on the Leia version please.

But: I am aware of it, not sure what happened. Possibly a merge gone wrong. Will be pushing a commit soon that hopefully gets it back to normal.
1.2.40 is for Leia? I am using Krypton.. I guess the add-on auto updated to this version..
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

No sorry, just realised I misread. You're on the Krypton version but I have been all up in fixing the mess on the Leia version I changed things up in my head... my apologies.

Confirmed on the issues you posted btw, will look into them tonight.
Hi Jeroen, thank you for sharing your work. The family loves it. I was wondering if you could possibly make the big list work in Youtube? The list view is ok but there is no info and the big list would look great. Thanks again Smile
Any chance adding InfoPanel view ?
@Jeroen,

I found a 'problem' with the landscape thumbs in Channels. The thumb doesn't cover the default background completely.
Is this because the artwork has a fixed aspect ratio? Maybe these little deviations could be solved with no fixed aspect ratio of the thumb.

• 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10