After Kodi 17.6 install Defender says Trojan Win32/Vigorf.A found!
(2017-12-09, 20:07)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-12-09, 19:45)carmen1958 Wrote: sorry but when installing from windows store it won't launch 
  Can't you just temporarily turn off Windows Real-Time Protection while you install Kodi, then turn it back on? Unless you actually do think there is a trojan in there. 
Hi as I said, this was never happening before. I even had support from windows try to install Kodi from the store and it still would not launch. They suggest I contact support from Kodi. support@kodi.ooo. this address does not work. all my emails are returned to me. So I am asking here for help. Maybe someone from the Kodi team needs to look into this. I hope it gets resolved.
(2017-12-09, 19:18)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: LMFAO, you guys are hysterical.  First time on the internet?
C :angel:
Hi
You are the one that is funny and if I may say, insulting. No it is not the first time. Is it your first time trying to help? Can you explain why in the last 4 years this is happening just now. I have installed and re-installed Kodi many times and this never happened before. Why when windows support tried to install Kodi from windows store it did not launch. I am glad we are amusing you. But... maybe you can try to be more useful instead of amusing yourself at other people's expense. 

Thank you
Inform your virus scanner vendor so they can fix it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
We did not change anything.
The version that comes from windows store takes three days to get approved so they can do whatever crap/checks they want with it which was weeks ago.
If now suddenly it's broken its certainly on Microsoft side.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Rainbow 
Hi Kodi Team

When you find a solution to the Trojan Win32/Viforf.A, that is the reason why WIndows Defender is not allowing to install Kodi app, please let me know. This has never happened before. Not even the windows store version is not working, it won't launch. So I believe there is a problem. Now, I know some are saying it is not serious just to remove real time protection and firewall, then download , why is this happening now and not before. I am not willing to take that risk. From what I have read I am not the only one with this problem. 

So, please try to find a solution.   Very much appreciated

Thank you
I'm gonna miss you when you're gone...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Sad 
(2017-12-10, 00:59)whysoserious Wrote: I'm gonna miss you when you're gone...
Sad
I'm not picking on you Carmen, but you seem determined to not get the point.

1. Windows Defender has a problem with Kodi 17.6.
2. No other AV programs have a problem with it.
3. Online AV checkers don't have a problem with it.
4. Kodi devs say there is nothing wrong with it.
5. Therefore, there is nothing for Kodi to fix.

Your choices seem to be:
1. Wait for Microsoft to update their AV definitions, then install Kodi 17.6.
2. Use a different AV solution, install Kodi now.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2017-12-10, 00:53)carmen1958 Wrote: Hi Kodi Team

When you find a solution to the Trojan Win32/Viforf.A, that is the reason why WIndows Defender is not allowing to install Kodi app, please let me know. This has never happened before.
Yes it has, search the forums it happens on every release. What you are not understanding is that Team Kodi do not control your anti-virus software, so if your AV is incorrectly reporting a trojan there is nothing they can do. Microsoft has to rectify it, Kodi can't update Microsoft's software definitions for them.

EDIT - whysoserious beat me to it Smile
carmen1958

Can you clarify what the problem is for you.

1. You cannot install from the Windows Store
or
2. It has installed, but now it won't start.

--- Edit ---
carmen1958

Your post has disappeared. The one where you mentioned "it started from 8 December". Well if the above still applies, then answer, otherwise ignore my post.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
getting virus found in 17.6 as well after reading all the previous I really don't expect much for response other then ridicule just thought I would post so it is not thought of a isolated event

I decided to try a nightly build and it does not have the virus warning so I guess I will run a nightly build rather then dick around with a broken 17.6 by jumping through a bunch of hoops
No one is being ridiculed. I am just not sure how Team Kodi is expected to fix a Microsoft issue. We may be about to achieve world domination, but we still don't own or control Microsoft.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Where is that old April Fool blog post about Kodi being bought by Microsoft...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After Kodi 17.6 install Defender says Trojan Win32/Vigorf.A found!0