• 61(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
@Karellen

Sorry about the forum rules, I had only read that it was prohibited to post URL's to the banned addons.
However I had to mention it since it's the only way to get the aniDB Mod scraper still. The installation of the official repo does no longer work.
It's already 3 years old so it doesn't surprise me.

Thanks for the tip for the Media Manager I'll have a look at that one, since I will probably have to go work with the nfo's.
The AniDB scraper no longer functions, it reconized the tv show but cannot retrieve the episode data or any artwork.
Therefor only an empty info screen is added with nothing more than Unknowns everywhere xD Quite useless I must add.

Unfortunately I have run into quite a pickle because of this, because thetvdb.org simply does not have many of the anime shows I watch and now I have no way of adding them to my library.
I'll try to add the nfo files manually and see if that will bring some improvement but it's quite a pain in the ass to do for people who have a rather large anime library.

Hopefully someone can pick up the scraper addon and fix it properly... it would help so many people out.

#Edit
Okay so a few things I was testing and perhaps I'm doing something wrong here but several of my anime's are being found but no matter what format I use I cannot get the episodes to be added.

So I tried several OVA's with more than 1 volume to name them like Series Name Ep1 Volume 1 / Series Name S01E01 Volume 1/ S01E01 Volume 1/ Series Name S01E01 / Series Name ep1/
None of these wanted to be scanned. I am really at a loss as to why some series do want to be scanned by the anidb mod and others just refuse to add the episodes.
I am using the same naming configuration everywhere. I tried adding the anime-list-full.xml to the settings had no effect either.
The show I'm trying to scan is a Hentai called A Tail of Two Sisters with the aid=702. The show itself is recognized but it doesn't retrieve episode data or fanart for some reason.
Only if I set the show to scrape with the anime mod for movie scrapers it works, but than it only adds one episode as a movie instead of a tv show. So that's no solution for OVA's with several volumes.

I also added the tvshows.nfo file with the aid=702 didn't change anything.

I'm quite at a loss by now, it used to work so well if I combined tvdb and anidb scraper now I just can't get them scraped.

In the end when none of the scrapers were working I used the tinymediamanager which was suggested to get the information from anidb and placed into nfo files for each episode and set the content to local information only than finally I got everything scanned again now!
Hello Guys,

I installed OpenElec on my RPi lately and now i tried to scrape all my Videos with the MOD. THe Scraping wokrs for the most part but i do have a problem with th seasons. 
I only get one Season per Anime and the rest of my videos "disappear". For Example: From the offical Kodi Website it is recommend to name your file like this: "Series Name" SXXEPXX

I did that but it is only showing One Season when i scrape the folders.  I also tried to make a folder for each season but this did not work aswell. 
I also tried to include a "tvshow.nfo" in every folder but this did not change anything. 

So maybe you can give me the simple answer: How do i name my files correctly so that this MOD scrapes the Files and i have multiple Seasons from one Anime.
Hello groschn

I do not know enough about this scraper.... but we are advising members to not use OpenElec as it no longer supports the TVDB and TMDB scrapers. Whether this also affects AniDB, I do not know.

Consider upgrading to LibreElec.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Only difference I can see between your files and mine was that I don't use EP just E and the scanning of the seasons worked well with that. But most of the season information comes from TVDB so if that might be your problem if OpenElec does not support that scraper since this modded version of the AniDB scraper matches the animes with the TVDB id's to get the information.
Ok, I missed the EP as pointed out by @chibichiii.

There is no default pattern that matches your SXXEPXX

As chibichiii suggests, modify to SXXEXX
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-07, 05:56)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: Please note that this scraper is not even in the official respiratory you got to install it from this thread. In addition to that you need to reprogram it or get banned from anidb if your trying to scrap more than a handful of shows at a time. Problem is you need a delay to prevent getting banned but the default values need to be way higher also even with high values (I have tested insane high values) you can still get banned because of the default function looks like this:

Code:

<DelayLoop clearbuffers="no" dest="4">
    <RegExp input="$$4" output="&lt;details&gt;\1&lt;/details&gt;" dest="4">
      <RegExp input="$$11" output="&lt;chain function=&quot;DelayLoop&quot;&gt;&amp;&lt;/chain&gt;" dest="4">
        <RegExp input="$$10" output="\1" dest="11">
          <RegExp input="$$11" output="\1`X" dest="10">
            <expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){1,$INFO[DelayValue]}?)X$</expression>
          </RegExp>
          <RegExp input="$$11" output="\1Y" dest="10">
            <expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){$INFO[DelayValue]})`X$</expression>
          </RegExp>
            <expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){1,$INFO[DelayValue]}?)`Y$</expression>
          </RegExp>
          <expression/>
        </RegExp>
        <expression clear="yes">``+</expression>
      </RegExp>
      <expression noclean="1"/>
    </RegExp>
</DelayLoop>

If you want to scan a bunch of stuff and never get banned you use this:
Code:

<RegExp input="$$11" output="&lt;chain function=&quot;DelayLoop&quot;&gt;&amp;&lt;/chain&gt;" dest="4">
            <expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){9999,999999999999}?)X$</expression>
          </RegExp>
            <expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){999999999999})`X$</expression>
          </RegExp>
            <expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){9999,999999999999}?)`Y$</expression>
          </RegExp>
          <expression/>
        </RegExp>
      </RegExp>
    </RegExp>
  </DelayLoop>

If you plan to use this scrapper with a large collection there is two rules:
1) Use a tvshow.nfo file for each season so the scraper will always find a match (contents of files should be aid=x where X is the value from the shows url in anidb)
2) Use the above code fix in anidb.xml located in the folder metadata.common.anidb.net

If you do those two things and follow all the instructions on the first post you will have a happy life.
Had to setup my whole libary again. I'm used to get banned but normally I could scan more then 3 shows before a ban.
So I tried changing the delay directly in the xml and still got banned after 4 Shows. Do I have to put in a delay also in the settings of the mod scraper (kodi menu)? I tried delay 9999999999 and still got banned after 4 shows. Normaly it would me at least scan 10-20 Shows.
can someone give me a regex that will work with

Mob Psycho 100 - 01.mkv

i tried the one from the wiki but it fails because of the 100 in the filename giving this in the debug log

DEBUG: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder - no match for show: 'Mob Psycho 100', season: 1, episode: 100.0, airdate: '01/01/1601', title: ''
Sorry I'm not a programmer and I'm afraid most "programmers" are long gone in this thread hasn't been any code addition in 2 years now.

However if you're trying to index Mob Psycho 100 the TV series there's 2 ways to do so either use the Tiny Media Manager Karralen suggested to me in a former thread and make a local tvshows.nfo file with the anidb aid=11803 (you can also make a text file with the aid manually)

Or you could rename your files in seasons like this  Mob Psycho 100 -  S01E01.mkv and scan it with the tvdb scanner instead since the series including the OVA's are listed here https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=307375&lid=7 if you match the filenaming in their order you can easily index these anime Series with tvdb - tvshows without any further problems.

Personally I would go for option 2 with whatever anime you can cause it's a longer term solution and will remain better updated it seems support for the anidb mod is falling apart.
(2018-02-25, 13:38)cz4a Wrote:
(2018-01-07, 05:56)ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; Wrote: Please note that this scraper is not even in the official respiratory you got to install it from this thread. In addition to that you need to reprogram it or get banned from anidb if your trying to scrap more than a handful of shows at a time. Problem is you need a delay to prevent getting banned but the default values need to be way higher also even with high values (I have tested insane high values) you can still get banned because of the default function looks like this:

Code:

<expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){1,$INFO[DelayValue]}?)X$</expression>
          </RegExp>
            <expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){$INFO[DelayValue]})`X$</expression>
          </RegExp>
            <expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){1,$INFO[DelayValue]}?)`Y$</expression>
          </RegExp>
          <expression/>
        </RegExp>
      </RegExp>
    </RegExp>
</DelayLoop>

If you want to scan a bunch of stuff and never get banned you use this:
Code:

<expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){9999,999999999999}?)X$</expression>
          </RegExp>
            <expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){999999999999})`X$</expression>
          </RegExp>
            <expression>^((?:`(?!.*Z)){9999,999999999999}?)`Y$</expression>
          </RegExp>
          <expression/>
        </RegExp>
      </RegExp>
    </RegExp>
  </DelayLoop>

If you plan to use this scrapper with a large collection there is two rules:
1) Use a tvshow.nfo file for each season so the scraper will always find a match (contents of files should be aid=x where X is the value from the shows url in anidb)
2) Use the above code fix in anidb.xml located in the folder metadata.common.anidb.net

If you do those two things and follow all the instructions on the first post you will have a happy life.
Had to setup my whole libary again. I'm used to get banned but normally I could scan more then 3 shows before a ban.
So I tried changing the delay directly in the xml and still got banned after 4 Shows. Do I have to put in a delay also in the settings of the mod scraper (kodi menu)? I tried delay 9999999999 and still got banned after 4 shows. Normaly it would me at least scan 10-20 Shows.    
If you only change the single delay value in the XML it will not work because the function by default selects a number between 1 and the number you enter at random. Thus you can end up with low numbers too often. The only solution to this is to hard code a higher range in to the function directly.

If you did edit the function and got banned the 9999 start value may have been two low for the lower bound and you could try to increase it to 99999.

Also remember that you always need to delete your cache after your ban ends or the scrapper will not work correctly.
(2018-02-26, 20:07)ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; Wrote: If you only change the single delay value in the XML it will not work because the function by default selects a number between 1 and the number you enter at random. Thus you can end up with low numbers too often. The only solution to this is to hard code a higher range in to the function directly.

If you did edit the function and got banned the 9999 start value may have been two low for the lower bound and you could try to increase it to 99999.

Also remember that you always need to delete your cache after your ban ends or the scrapper will not work correctly. 
yup. I actually reverted the hardcoded funktion to original. and set 550 delay in the options. now it worked w/o a bann (~800 shows). guess i got lucky with random numbers Huh
How do I properly name an anime movie series? Kara no Kyoukai specifically.
Quote:How do I properly name an anime movie series? Kara no Kyoukai specifically.

I would suggest using this link: https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=82099&lid=7
You can rename the series after their seasons like this SXXEXX and than set content to TV Shows - Tvdb
Should scan your series without a problem then.
This might come in handy. A guide on how to rename the Seasons inside Kodi... https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename
My Signature
(2018-03-05, 10:12)chibichiii Wrote:
Quote:How do I properly name an anime movie series? Kara no Kyoukai specifically.

I would suggest using this link: https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=82099&lid=7
You can rename the series after their seasons like this SXXEXX and than set content to TV Shows - Tvdb

(2018-03-05, 10:15)Karellen Wrote: This might come in handy. A guide on how to rename the Seasons inside Kodi... https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename
  I meant how would I name the files for this specific (AniDB) scaper?
(2018-03-05, 12:23)animeta150 Wrote:
(2018-03-05, 10:12)chibichiii Wrote: How do I properly name an anime movie series? Kara no Kyoukai specifically.
(2018-03-05, 10:15)Karellen Wrote: This might come in handy. A guide on how to rename the Seasons inside Kodi... https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename
  I meant how would I name the files for this specific (AniDB) scaper? 
Well there's the thing, I couldn't get the AniDB scraper to work anymore. It used to work but that was 2 years ago by now for me at least.
So the only way to use the anidb.net data was trough the Tiny Media Manager Karralen suggested to me but this is a whole seperate program that creates nfo files for each episode and than let's you scan it on local information in kodi.
That's why I suggested to rename your files according to thetvdb.com and scan with tvdb instead.

According to some of the other people's posts they also use tvshows.nfo files instead to scan their animes but from my experience it finds the series but than cannot retrieve any metadata or import any episodes. I have tried every possible episode numbering I could find even used the anidb applet to rename the files in an attempt to make this scraper find the episodes but it remained sporadic. Some of the episodes were found others simply refused.

Than I read this entire thread and somewhere along the way I read that this scraper simply matched the anidb.net id with the tvdb id trough an xml file, however that sort off makes this scraper obsolete if you simply use a bulk renamer and stick to the episode numbering from thetvdb.com instead right? Because if the particular anime you're trying to scan has not been matched on the xml file than you're anime episodes simply will not be scraped with this scraper.

So that leaves 2 possibilities, either use the Tiny Media Manager and create nfo files for the episodes and scan using local information, or use the episode numbering from the tvdb and rename the episode in the SXXEXX format.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8