• 9(current)
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware
Hey @wrxtasy, noticed you replaced the LE .tar w/a full image. Looking at replies/comments after you posted in the LE forum, I'm a little confused. Seems like updates for LE 8.x are closed. Is your 10/12-bit fix already in LE 9.x alpha, or is your fix a kind of fork, and for those of us who want green screen-free, proper 10/12-bit 4K HDR playback, should use the image in your last post above?
If you are not having stability issues with the early pre alpha LE Kodi Leia then stick with it.
I just wanted a stable LE Kodi Krypton with the AMLogic improvements for Chroma and bit depth that comes with the newer AML Linux Kernel.
A warning tho. IR remotes will cease to work with the new Kernel and Krypton.

Anything can be done with forked versions of open source LibreELEC. Even if the official LE development cycle has ceased. Wink

(2018-02-22, 08:06)wrxtasy Wrote: Cheers @hdmkv
Nice to see AMLogic have continually improved the Linux Kernel. It's a team effort from the AML LE boys, @codesnake did nearly all the hard work updating the Kernel master code.

I've also been compiling a slightly modded S912 - @kszaq's sourced LE 8.2.x Kodi Krypton with the new AML LE Kernel plugged into it, it's a more stable vs alpha Kodi Leia and no green tinted 422,10/12bit 4K screens either !

You may need to extract a new .dtb if the box does not boot, found in the included device_tree folder.

Kodi Krypton - LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.3.img.gz

Tips and further discussion over on the AML S912 LE Subforum (click)

and About this fix for S905 LE release? thanks.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2018-02-22, 08:06)wrxtasy Wrote: Cheers @hdmkv
Nice to see AMLogic have continually improved the Linux Kernel. It's a team effort from the AML LE boys, @codesnake did nearly all the hard work updating the Kernel master code.

I've also been compiling a slightly modded S912 - @kszaq's sourced LE 8.2.x Kodi Krypton with the new AML LE Kernel plugged into it, it's a more stable vs alpha Kodi Leia and no green tinted 422,10/12bit 4K screens either !

You may need to extract a new .dtb if the box does not boot, found in the included device_tree folder.

Kodi Krypton - LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.3.img.gz

Tips and further discussion over on the AML S912 LE Subforum (click)
I tried this build but could not get it to boot on my Tanix T92 box. LE 8.2.2.3 on the other hand booted and installed fine. I tried both from USB and mSDcard.
Works on my Tanix T92. Just to make sure... did you (step 1) extract @wrxtasy's file to get the .img, then (2) use something like this to write it to your mSD card? Then, (3) insert mSD into box, and (4) with power unplugged, insert & hold pin into reset hole in back and plug in power?
(2018-03-08, 21:55)hdmkv Wrote: Works on my Tanix T92. Just to make sure... did you (step 1) extract @wrxtasy's file to get the .img, then (2) use something like this to write it to your mSD card? Then, (3) insert mSD into box, and (4) with power unplugged, insert & hold pin into reset hole in back and plug in power?
 Yeah I tried it exactly that way and I also used win32diskimager as I always do. I even tried running the reboot upgrade command from the android terminal to boot from the SDcard with no luck.

When I was initially setting up the box I was trying to use wrxtasy's build and gave up and that is when I tried the stock LE build which worked. I have not tried it again since I flashed stock LE build to the internal memory. The system would just get stuck at the "S912" boot screen and go no further.
I have a different problem now... did installtointernal, and it seemed to take, but shows a bunch of errors on reboot. Neither the AMLogic USB tool using stock image nor burning image on a mSD card allow me to get Android back on the box. So, listen to @wrxtasy on this, and use mSD for LE and don't move it to internal NAND.

Edit: Booting from mSD to LE still works thankfully. Was able to restore box's original Android OS, but lesson learned not to use internal NAND for LE.
@wrxtasy's updated LE build works terrifically well.
(2018-03-09, 00:45)hdmkv Wrote: Edit: Booting from mSD to LE still works thankfully. Was able to restore box's original Android OS, but lesson learned not to use internal NAND for LE.
Ahh that old chestnut. Sad
Yes it's a PITA when that happens and is actually why I've never done a "Install to Internal". Copy LE data partition to internal faster eMMC storage - method is much safer.

Glad you are all up and running again.

(2018-03-09, 00:45)hdmkv Wrote: I have a different problem now... did installtointernal, and it seemed to take, but shows a bunch of errors on reboot. Neither the AMLogic USB tool using stock image nor burning image on a mSD card allow me to get Android back on the box. So, listen to @wrxtasy on this, and use mSD for LE and don't move it to internal NAND.

Edit: Booting from mSD to LE still works thankfully. Was able to restore box's original Android OS, but lesson learned not to use internal NAND for LE.
How were you able to get Android back onto your device??
Yep, thankfullyWink.
(2018-03-14, 14:11)hdmkv Wrote: Yep, thankfullyWink.
 What method or procedure did you use to get Android installed againHuh
When AML Android devices are pretty much bricked (not WeTek) you use the Amlogic USB Burning Tool and a Win. PC and whatever Android Firmware .img file that is compatible with your AML Android device like:

rom-vorke-z6-tanix-tx92-tvstock-nexus-rom-android-tv-7-1 (click)

Then there is this method using an OTA_update.zip file for whatever AML device you have:

Tutorial - how to recover / unbrick the U9 (click)

I ‘burned’ the Android.img file onto mSD using Win32 Disk Imager, and used toothpick method to boot to it and install.
whats the good box now support :  libreelec + 4K + HDR + DVB-S2  ?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware5