• 32(current)
Xbox One Discussion
Apologies if I'm making some rookie mistake, but I am getting a version error check today. Yesterday I managed to get everything working (my Raspbian SMB setup was ancient, now added NFS for this). Was able to watch a show and changed some settings last night, but today, it freezes when it gets to the login screen and it shows the version check error.

I'll try to figure out how to grab the log file if it helps, but I figured I probably messed something obvious up.

Thanks for all your hard work, devs!
(2018-03-03, 23:56)Hamsterkill Wrote: Is the UPnP support still incomplete? Kodi on Xbox doesn't seem to be able to detect my UPnP server (which is just the built-in Windows 10 UPnP server on my desktop), even though I did turn the UPnP service on in Kodi. Kodi 17 on my Android TV still detects it, though.
 Anyone? Should I make a separate thread? I can get a log, but it doesn't seem to make mention of UPnP, except for a line saying the service started.
(2018-03-09, 23:48)Hamsterkill Wrote:
(2018-03-03, 23:56)Hamsterkill Wrote: Is the UPnP support still incomplete? Kodi on Xbox doesn't seem to be able to detect my UPnP server (which is just the built-in Windows 10 UPnP server on my desktop), even though I did turn the UPnP service on in Kodi. Kodi 17 on my Android TV still detects it, though.
 Anyone? Should I make a separate thread? I can get a log, but it doesn't seem to make mention of UPnP, except for a line saying the service started. 
 Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Exclamation 
Does anyone else have an audio problem? my stopped working, I uninstalled and reinstalled kodi (version 18 alpha1) and changed the passtrough. if anyone can help ... the debug log is this: http://ix.io/ULq
(2018-03-07, 00:59)juleskywalker Wrote: Apologies if I'm making some rookie mistake, but I am getting a version error check today. Yesterday I managed to get everything working (my Raspbian SMB setup was ancient, now added NFS for this). Was able to watch a show and changed some settings last night, but today, it freezes when it gets to the login screen and it shows the version check error.

I'll try to figure out how to grab the log file if it helps, but I figured I probably messed something obvious up.

Thanks for all your hard work, devs!

EDIT: Sorry, missed the issue about the login screen not working with the controller. I don't know if the errors are related or not, but I'll get rid of the login screen for now

Uninstalled and reinstalled, got everything working again last night. Added Aeon Nox and tweaked it. Tried launching it today with a "Library Data Provider Error" at the login screen.
Hi, long time reader first time poster Smile. First of all, thank you for Kodi and all the work which has gone into it, i've been using it since the original xbox. I've never gotten around to creating an account, any issue i'd have could be resolved by searching the forum, untill now:

I'm having an issue playing 4K content on the xbox one x. Playback is very jerky (unwatchable) and most of the times Kodi will hang, a force quit in the xbox home is necessary to able to start Kodi again. I'm running: 18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20180225-02cb21ec7d and was under the impression 4K playback and refresh rate switching is fixed. Or am i having a different issue? The debug log shows these errors when playing a 4K movie (terminator 2 in this case):

Code:
13:29:38.806 T:7200 DEBUG: CWinShader::LoadEffect: loading shader special://xbmc/system/shaders/output_d3d.fx
13:29:38.898 T:7772 DEBUG: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error of 81.116605, start adjusting
13:29:38.948 T:7200 DEBUG: CWinShader::LoadEffect: loading shader special://xbmc/system/shaders/yuv2rgb_d3d.fx
13:29:38.948 T:7772 DEBUG: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error 21.116605 below threshold of 30.000000

Full debug log here. UI is set to 1080p/60.

Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance Smile

Ps. there's another debug log from a previous attempt here. There's more overhead in this log because i fiddled around a but more, afaik it doesn't contain more information (the same errors regarding 4K playback).
So have searched around but seen no mention

I have setup ftp server for my files and scanned in two very large folders full of tv shows.  The problem becomes when it is almost done scanning the second folder i can no longer open the tv shows and see seasons and then episodes.  It circles for a second and then just leaves me at the list of tv shows.  Any thoughts at all?  Have reinstalled twice and installed no addons, going straight to scan the library and this continues to happen

EDIT:  removed one of the folders and now it works...some weird cap on tv shows i don't know about?
(2018-03-10, 04:08)nickr Wrote:
(2018-03-09, 23:48)Hamsterkill Wrote:
 Debug log (wiki)

Log here: http://ix.io/WPz
(2018-03-12, 14:47)MichelLoyen Wrote: I'm having an issue playing 4K content on the xbox one x. Playback is very jerky (unwatchable) and most of the times Kodi will hang, a force quit in the xbox home is necessary to able to start Kodi again. I'm running: 18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20180225-02cb21ec7d and was under the impression 4K playback and refresh rate switching is fixed. Or am i having a different issue?
No one? :| A colleague of mine has a xbox one s and 4K playback is the same as on my xbox one x --> stuttering/jerky playback and therefore unwatchable. He has the same Kodi version, he also registered for the test updates. In both cases our content is stored on a NAS and accessed via NFS. Both my colleague and me also have separate player with Kodi on it (i have a minix u9, he has a Nvidia Shield) which plays the same movies (of the same NAS via NFS) with no problem (However I would like to replace my Minix because of a stuttering issue when using external SRT subtitles, this is a separate, known issue. Disabling SRT subtitles solves the issue therefore it is not network related). It doesn't matter if the display settings are set to 1080p or 2160p, a 4K movie will play with serious stuttering, and Kodi will quite often hang very shortly after.

The xbox would be a perfect replacement for me, i already have one (duh) and it would spare me the cost of buying a new box (and each box has disadvantages anyway).

Somehow i find it hard to believe others are able to play 4K content on the xbox one x/s :|

Oh and 1080p contact does play smooth, but this was already the case in older versions too Wink
What you want to hear? There's the issue with UHD hevc main10 files. If you read sticky thread then you'd know this
(2018-03-17, 15:16)afedchin Wrote: What you want to hear? There's the issue with UHD hevc main10 files. If you read sticky thread then you'd know this
 Oh, euhm, ok. What sticky do you mean, this one? The only mention of hevc in that sticky is a that it is fixed:
Fixed...
...Playback of HEVC Main 10 can cause the app to crash - temporary disabled in master and will be in next Store update (compiled version at least: 20180106)

I don't see any other mentions of 4K content playback issues. Furthermore, in this thread i read a few comments of people who said 4K playback and framerate switching was fixed and it worked on their xbox. Therefore i was under the impression it should work and it's a bug or configuration on my device type of issue.

My apologies if i didn't read something thoroughly and/or misinterpreted information. If there's another sticky with more information on open issues i will follow that, if you would be so kind to point me to it (i couldn't find any other info, maybe i'm not searching correctly). If you are referring to the same sticky as i am, maybe it could be updated and clarified a bit more? To avoid more captain obvious questions like me? Smile

Thanks in advance!
Not read the whole thread but have an odd issue, its on version 18.1 and the network screen has no entries apart from the ip address of the xbox. Do i need to do something to get those settings ie the dns server, gateway etc
(2018-03-18, 11:44)MichelLoyen Wrote: My apologies if i didn't read something thoroughly and/or misinterpreted information.

Keywords here are temporary disabled . It means that hw decoding disabled for uhd hevc main10 and it's decoded in sw mode which requires a lot of CPU resources.

(2018-03-18, 12:26)qwakuk Wrote: ts on version 18.1 and the network screen has no entries apart from the ip address of the xbox.
Unfortunatelly, but only ip address can be displayed on xbox. There is no a way to get default gateway, MAC adress and etc.
(2018-03-18, 14:46)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-03-18, 11:44)MichelLoyen Wrote: My apologies if i didn't read something thoroughly and/or misinterpreted information.

Keywords here are temporary disabled . It means that hw decoding disabled for uhd hevc main10 and it's decoded in sw mode which requires a lot of CPU resources.

(2018-03-18, 12:26)qwakuk Wrote: ts on version 18.1 and the network screen has no entries apart from the ip address of the xbox.
Unfortunatelly, but only ip address can be displayed on xbox. There is no a way to get default gateway, MAC adress and etc.

When/If 4k UHD becomes hw decoded, will Kodi also passthrough HDR to a TV? .... i assume they’re seperate and I don’t see HDR metadata listed in the issues and bugs log.
(2018-03-18, 14:46)afedchin Wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply! In that case i misinterpreted the meaning of keywords (i'm not a native english speaker), meaning it was temporary disabled but fixed at a later stage (eg. the current builds). Maybe it would be more clear if one of the open issues was 'HW decoding not available, 4K/HDR playback not possible/jerky/stuttering, etc. etc'

Anyways, my apologies for the misunderstanding, keep up the good work and i will be looking forward to 4K/HDR playback for Kodi on the xbox one s/x Smile
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6