• 32(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
Sorry for consecutively reply....

If someone stay to find some problems whit latest beta 6?

From this afternoon i see nothing section it's work... Nothing like My Subscription or Trendings.
Every time i obtain an error suggest to me to check the kodi log.

I can post right now because i have my pc turned off and i wrote this reply from my android phone Wink
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
Hello,
Thank you for your work and your fast support.

I'm building a plugin using the file youtube_resolver.py to resolve youtube url's of live streams that I want to play continuously without user interaction (using a custom xbmc.player and the function onPlayBackEnded())
I was not able to do it using requests to plugin://plugin.video.youtube...

So, my problem is that the URLs that I get are not playable.

bash:
ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22)

I get a 403 error when visiting the URLs while the same live streams are correctly played in plugin.video.youtube.
Note that I select only the URLs with an mpd container, that Mpeg-dash is activated in the youtube plugin and that inputstream.adaptative is installed.

Do you know what I need to do to resolve this? Does plugin.video.youtube is registered to the youtube API in order to access the content of the resolved URL?

Sorry, if I was not clear.
Thanks
(2018-03-17, 17:29)anxdpanic Wrote: ...
@sergey_s Thanks for the heads up, I've reverted to and fixed our original cipher in ~beta6. 
 i can confirm that it fixed rpi problems,
thanks for your work
It's my LOG from kodi.old.log............ about my current trouble whit beta6:

Code:
20:28:39.756 T:1327493888  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~beta6) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
20:28:43.027 T:1327493888   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf9 in position 2: invalid start byte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 41, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 24, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 107, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 11, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 533, in _on_yt_specials
                                                return yt_specials.process(category, self, context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_specials.py", line 297, in process
                                                return _process_new_uploaded_videos_tv(provider, context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_specials.py", line 261, in _process_new_uploaded_videos_tv
                                                result.extend(tv.my_subscriptions_to_items(provider, context, json_data))
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/tv.py", line 45, in my_subscriptions_to_items
                                                utils.update_video_infos(provider, context, video_id_dict, channel_items_dict=channel_item_dict)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/utils.py", line 327, in update_video_infos
                                                refresh_container=refresh_container)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_context_menu.py", line 15, in append_more_for_video
                                                context_menu.append((context.localize(provider.LOCAL_MAP['youtube.video.more']),
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_context.py", line 170, in localize
                                                return utils.to_unicode(result)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/methods.py", line 42, in to_unicode
                                                result = text.decode('utf-8')
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                                return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf9 in position 2: invalid start byte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:28:43.315 T:1926343168   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/
20:28:43.317 T:1926343168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/) failed
22:52:20.767 T:1535111936 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings
Also today all section it's not works........ i obtain this same errors on log.
@sergey_s Thanks for confirming.

@DjDiabolik I cannot reproduce this, looks like an issue with the 'More...' string. I changed my interface and add-on to Italian and still no issue here. May want to try a reinstall (don't need to reset settings).

@Divocul
Using plugin url streams:
Code:
import xbmc
plugin_url = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=RtU_mdL2vBM'
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia(%s)' % plugin_url)
Using youtube_resolver:
https://gist.github.com/anxdpanic/e64544...4b4f0c0e5e

If that doesn't help and you have your code online somewhere, point me to that and I can try to assist further.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2018-03-19, 15:31)anxdpanic Wrote: CUT CUT

@DjDiabolik I cannot reproduce this, looks like an issue with the 'More...' string. I changed my interface and add-on to Italian and still no issue here. May want to try a reinstall (don't need to reset settings).
CUT CUT 
 mmmmmmm.. i'm also not having idea. I have tryed right now and all it's back to works whitout do nothigs. Now all it's works..........
@anxdpanic  I have used your gist and it works great!! Thanks!
Update (7:00PM CT): I posted the message below but as of now everything is back to normal. I am leaving the post because I'm wondering why so much trouble with live streams. Or maybe it is just me (?) -- would be great to know. Smile

Original post:
Something's happened to live streams... the one's I was looking at (Fox News Live) no longer work
I know live streams expire after a certain amount of time. I mean I can't get any valid new ones.
_PLUS_ doing a search for new live streams using Beta6 do not return them as before.
Also did a search for other live streams and am not getting correct results.

To be fair, I reverted to version 5.5.1 and am getting the same result,
reinstalled Beta6 but same problem, so the problem could be Youtube and not the Kodi Youtube addon.

Anyone else having trouble as of 12:45 PM Central time (or later)?
If it is YouTube and not the Kodi addon does anyone know what is going on?
@meNick The channel that you were getting the live streams from was K Media / K Media News, if you look on the web they no longer have any live streams.

@asplundj @nickr This update adds Purchases, at this stage I wouldn't buy/rent with the expectation that it will work but if you have purchased content already.

I've updated post #2 with beta7
  • [chg] remove dash_support_addon and dash_support_builtin
  • [chg] only automatically remove temp folder at start-up
  • [fix] playback title encoding (introduced in v6 test versions)
  • [add] Purchases
    • don't buy/rent with the expectations that it will work
    • support is incomplete, wip
    • requires inputstream.adaptive >= 2.0.28
    • YouTube includes resolutions that are not available, currently to work around this;
      • set InputStream Adaptive -> Settings -> Stream selection -> manual
      • change video stream during playback to preferred working resolution
    • Android plays only first 5 minutes
    • huge thanks to peak3d
Hi,

i use kodi to cast video to dlna device. I have a issue when i cast dash video because the url proxy http://192.168.1.4:1490/%25/5B41CC2D8D2C...DRv2_M.mpd is not recognized. 
Is there an alternative solution to view video ?
Hello, about version 6, I would like to know if it is now possible to login with a Google account (instead of a Youtube account) ? Thanks
@anxdpanic 
On 6.0.0beta 7 possibly bugged "Search" Feature:
When you try to do a "New Search" and input a new search strings you obtain the search result (and the strings as been added to history correctly) but at this point when you try to access on next page of search result you reobtain the popup of virtual keyboard ask to you to re-insert the search strings.
@rkpisanu disabling dash in the add-on is the only thing I can think of atm

@grendizer I believe it will partially work, my subscriptions, saved playlists, purchases and finding the watch later id will likely not work though

@DjDiabolik Should be fixed in beta8

I've updated post #2 with ~beta8

~beta8
[add] relevanceLanguage to search requests
[fix] mpeg-dash proxy with multi-profiles
[fix] new search pagination
(2018-03-26, 16:41)anxdpanic Wrote: @rkpisanu disabling dash in the add-on is the only thing I can think of atm

@grendizer I believe it will partially work, my subscriptions, saved playlists, purchases and finding the watch later id will likely not work though

@DjDiabolik Should be fixed in beta8

I've updated post #2 with ~beta8

~beta8
[add] relevanceLanguage to search requests
[fix] mpeg-dash proxy with multi-profiles
[fix] new search pagination
Yeah... it's great Smile

Meantime last night i have follow a live stream whit my Pi2... about 5 hours (exactly 4hours and 49 minutes) whitout any problems. My only things it's enabled the dash and enabled the proxy and all it's works for all time whitout any problems whit latest version of OSMC.
I only see one things:
The timings say to me ever the duration setted at 4 hours and i see the time says 01,02,03 seconds and reset to 00:00:00 but the stream goes whitout interruption.......
It's problably a dash.. i don't have idea what's my currect version Smile

*EDIT*
I have a question:
On preferences of dash... when i enabled the dash and his proxy i see there's present one voices says "Install dash helper" or somethigs similar ? What's it's this things ? It's needed on my currect setup ?
Hi all:

I've been searching for a solution everywhere but so far I didn't manage to solve this problem.

I'm always getting an error (login exception  ( 401)  invalid_ client ) when I try to login my account.

Can someone please give me  a solutuin for  this problem  ??

My Kodi is  Krypton 17.3   - youtube version 6.0.0 beta 6
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18