• 393(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-03-29, 20:41)mclingo Wrote: Hi, i've setup MADVR to trigger two different profiles based on HDR vs NON HDR content. 

If (HDR) "HDR"

If (not HDR) "SDR"

These simply turn off "use DIRECT3D11" for none HDR stuff.

It works fine with MPC-HC but doesnt work with KODI DS, the movie plays in SDR and doesnt trigger HDR mode on my TV, any ideas why it doesnt work with DS?

I didn’t think that was possible. madVR runs on top of DSPlayer and all madVR features work.

Did you confirm which profile is being selected?

Can you use the source resolution instead?
I have applied all the settings and the picture looked amazing @Warner360. Unfortunately I am only able to select NGU sharp low on chroma with 2160p and with 1080p I select mediums.. The 1080p looks
4K.

By the way I always trust and appreciate you help and advice [emoji106]
(2018-03-30, 03:06)mkohman Wrote: I have applied all the settings and the picture looked amazing @Warner360. Unfortunately I am only able to select NGU sharp low on chroma with 2160p and with 1080p I select mediums.. The 1080p looks
4K.

By the way I always trust and appreciate you help and advice [emoji106]

Glad it’s working for you. I guess it’s time to watch some movies.
Hello,

I have a problem, when i start playing a 4K HDR Video all runns fine.

But when i stop it, the kodi interface shunk ~80% in the left top Corner.

When i play the next Video the video are in the same small area.
Let Kodi to the refresh rate and resolution switching.  Second,  are you using windows scaling?  That can have a bad effect on Kodi as well.
(2018-03-30, 10:12)rudizone Wrote: Hello,

Try setting Kodi to a fullscreen window rather than a true fullscreen.
(2018-03-30, 16:31)Warner306 Wrote:

Interesting you say that. In my experience this HDR resizing after the movie ends only happens when the fullscreen window toggle is selected in DSPlayer. The problem for me is that every now and again the toggle gets re-selected and I don't know why.

Is this behaviour out of the ordinary?
After extensive testing last night I will concede that it’s better to let madVR to do resolution conversion as well.

It’s not for the fact that using madVR to tell the GPU to do it has more computing power v’s a Soc in another device. It’s for something completely different that happens within madVR when you tell it to convert resolution to the display device native rather than passing it on to a Soc.

Now having said the above I can confirm that you can use higher settings in madVR letting a Soc do the resolution conversion but at the expense of one thing which can be a deal breaker.

I think that the confusion was people thought I was trying to say that a Soc is better than a GPU for doing scaling, its not and it never will be. I was trying to say it might be better to use a Soc for resolution conversion only, so confusion on my part for not explaining myself properly.

So yes it’s my fault for not looking at what was going on while checking the OSD during playback properly. After doing so last night brought about interesting results. You all probably know this anyway so instead of just saying don’t would it not be better to explain why.

So I retract that part of statement in my advice.
I won’t retract the creation of group profiles for each section in madVR though it gives more control within madVR for each resolution PQ. This was my intention of the post more than anything.

Are we all happy now or am I still in the naughty corner.
It's all good.  When you find something new or a change that can be adapted or the likes, please by all means, start a discussion.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Don't worry about mkohman. He was already provided with two profiles for the content he uses. I think everything is set up correctly. He can now experiment with various processing features as he chooses.
wrong quote.. ignore.. lol

i had the exact same problems at the start till i discovered that madVR, DSPlayer and Kodi all have to work in unison by switching on/off certain things. after that i now have pretty much perfect play/stop and return to kodi without it going to a window on the desktop.

i thought i was my HDMI cables so i got new ones but i have since tested it with the old ones and they are fine.

the only problem i have now is slow switching between the two but i'm going to test something in Warner's guide that i had missed. until i do i'm not posting my findings.
(2018-03-30, 17:02)CraftyClown Wrote:
(2018-03-30, 16:31)Warner306 Wrote:

Interesting you say that. In my experience this HDR resizing after the movie ends only happens when the fullscreen window toggle is selected in DSPlayer. The problem for me is that every now and again the toggle gets re-selected and I don't know why.

Is this behaviour out of the ordinary? 
This is not normal behavior, and I have a hard time believing it's possible. I don't know how to fix it, either.
(2018-03-29, 20:41)mclingo Wrote: Hi, i've setup MADVR to trigger two different profiles based on HDR vs NON HDR content. 

If (HDR) "HDR"

If (not HDR) "SDR"

These simply turn off "use DIRECT3D11" for none HDR stuff.

It works fine with MPC-HC but doesnt work with KODI DS, the movie plays in SDR and doesnt trigger HDR mode on my TV, any ideas why it doesnt work with DS?
there is a simpler way to do this. create a new profile group under 'rendering'
this gives you the control to switch off 'use direct3D 11 for presentation' (general settings) which will default to D3D9 in the profile you want it to switch off.

or are you trying to do something completely different?

example:

the boolean can be anything you like.. i stick to what i have used in my other group profiles. processing, scaling algorithms and rendering all have their own 'group profiles'
Guys can some one please help me how to setup a delay for around 15 seconds because it takes that long for the jvc to adjust and actually show the picture...by then I've missed 15 to 20 secs of the movie..thanks
  • 393(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47