• 167(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2018-05-07, 23:21)Ey3d3fy Wrote: Evening going to try and give this another go. Does it work in kodi 18?? I need that WMC skin in my life. Iv installed the guide from the link provided. Entered my m3u into import .m3u subscriptions ... put my epg link in xmltv section and when i try to start up the guide it comes up with an error message and quits back out.
 What's the error message in the kodi.log file?
The most common problem is illegal characters in the xmltv file but I have changed a few things with the m3u import recently.
Well my xmltv link is 100 percent correct. When i use in simple iptv all my channels load but no guide data. Is it because theres no guide date that this wont load
(2018-05-07, 23:37)Ey3d3fy Wrote: Well my xmltv link is 100 percent correct. When i use in simple iptv all my channels load but no guide data. Is it because theres no guide date that this wont load

IPTV Simple Client handles illegal xml files. The ElementTree library in TVGF needs xml that would pass a validation test. https://www.xmlvalidation.com/

There is a switch at the bottom of the Source page for dodgy xmltv files without escaped & characters.
Convert & to &

TVGF needs an xmltv file as a bare minimum to work.
That works now thanks for your help mate. Only problem is that took 10 15 mins to load, i just exited to install the wmc skin and now going back into it it looks like its going to take the same time again. Any way around this.
(2018-04-15, 21:51)Doctor Eggs Wrote: version 0.0.387
- Provide an alternate background for the channel column in the guide for skins. If the file tvg-alt-channel-column.png exists in the skin/media folder it will be used in the channel names/logos column.

What are the specific requirements for the tvg-alt-channel-column.png?
Thank you
(2018-05-08, 01:52)Ey3d3fy Wrote: That works now thanks for your help mate. Only problem is that took 10 15 mins to load, i just exited to install the wmc skin and now going back into it it looks like its going to take the same time again. Any way around this.
 Changing certain settings will trigger an xmltv reload.
The main one is to keep "Reset on Start" off.

There is a Backgroud Update Service that can run on Kodi startup or on a timer.
I've just fixed it for Leia so you should be able to trigger an overnight reload if your Kodi is always on.

The other idea is to trim your xmltv data down to the essential channels and days.
You could use my "xmltv Meld" addon to create a new xmltv file with just some selected channels.

The loading time really shows the difference between a pvr addon written in C and a normal addon written in Python.
You trade off ease of development and deployment over runtime speed.
(2018-05-08, 03:23)doktourtv Wrote:
(2018-04-15, 21:51)Doctor Eggs Wrote: version 0.0.387
- Provide an alternate background for the channel column in the guide for skins. If the file tvg-alt-channel-column.png exists in the skin/media folder it will be used in the channel names/logos column.
 What are the specific requirements for the tvg-alt-channel-column.png?
Thank you  
There aren't any requirements. I made my image 64x64, named it tvg-alt-channel-column.png and put it in the skin/media directory.

I made changes to the WMC skin locally and never pushed those changes to Github. I'll try to get to that soon.
Thanks I will watch for the change.
Updated:
https://github.com/Doctor-Eggs/script.tv...n.skin.wmc
(2018-05-09, 03:19)Doctor Eggs Wrote: Updated:
https://github.com/Doctor-Eggs/script.tv...n.skin.wmc
 Thanks. It's in the repo now as 0.17.2 and 0.0.2 for jarvis.
Anybody know what happened to WebGrabPlus?  Was on the website a few days ago and didn't see anything about it being offline for maintenance or anything.  Haven't been able to access it now for a couple of days.
That's going to cause a lot of grief if they don't come back. They are a damn good resource and cover almost every country.
I hope their admin is just on holiday.

If you're stuck for data most countries are in my "xmltv Meld" addon but ultimately many of the sources rely on the webgrab scrapers too.
Certainly would be a big blow. I know they were a little upset a few months ago about the amount of traffic and lack of support. Hope they don't close up.

On another subject. Does the time offset function adjust the times for all of the xmltv files, including the secondary and tertiary files?

Reason I ask, is because my UK times were off by an hour. I set the offset to -60 which fixed it, but now my US and Canada times are off by 60 mins. The xmltv file is the only one that has the UK guide included (Webgrab). The US and CA guide data is under the secondary and tertiary and are from another source
The offset is for all of them but I'll add in individual ones if you like.
That would help a lot. Thanks.
  • 167(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8