Separate watched status per client
I add a new movie and watch it.
It then disappears off the "Recently added" list and no one else knows the movie was added.

So I want to maintain separate watched status for all TV Shows and movies in a MySQL environment. Couldn't find anything on this except how to turn off watch status logging and this 8 year old post....

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...#pid604857

Is this statement still true?
Sounds similar to this thread... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307231

But that is for Estuary. You are using Rapier IIRC, so I will move you to @Gade domain Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I use this on Jarvis. There's a guide for Krypton too. Hopefully there will be one for Leia once it reaches final release. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=196821
(2018-05-25, 07:02)Yanta Wrote: So I want to maintain separate watched status for all TV Shows and movies in a MySQL environment.
Kodi is not designed (yet) for multiple users. The only option for now is to use profiles, and have each profile link to a separately named/created MySQL database (via the advancedsettings.xml file). There is no multiple user setup within one Kodi profile.
Hi Yanta.

I have no idea about your MySQL questions.

Regarding your watched movies disappearing from the home screen recently movies list:

Go to skin.rapier/extras/playlists/HomeRecentMoviesUnwatched.xsp
Remove line 5 + 6 + 7
Save the file

Note that you need to do this each time the skin is updated, as all content of the skin folder is overwritten.
And I always encourage everyont to keep the skin updated at all times.
I have read the wiki and several posts on profiles. If I understand the profiles feature at all I don't think it will address the issue.

No PC is used by more than one person. Each person has their own PC accessing a central Kodi Server where MYSQL is installed.
(2018-05-26, 14:02)Gade Wrote: Regarding your watched movies disappearing from the home screen recently movies list:

Go to skin.rapier/extras/playlists/HomeRecentMoviesUnwatched.xsp
Remove line 5 + 6 + 7
Save the file

Note that you need to do this each time the skin is updated, as all content of the skin folder is overwritten.
And I always encourage everyone to keep the skin updated at all times.
These lines?
<rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>

OK, I have removed them. I take it I need to do this on the Kodi server and every client?
So now, all recently added movies will stay on the list for everyone, until 20 new movies have been added.
(2018-05-27, 07:17)Yanta Wrote: No PC is used by more than one person. Each person has their own PC accessing a central Kodi Server where MYSQL is installed.
In that case, create a separate Kodi database per client, using the same video/music sources. You can name them via the advancedsettings.xml file.
Example of a client Kodi device in the living room, it should get you a livingroomvideo107 video database and livingroommusic60 music databases in the MySQL server.
xml:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>***.***.***.***</host>
<port>3306</port>
<name>livingroomvideo</name>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>kodi</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>***.***.***.***</host>
<port>3306</port>
<name>livingroommusic</name>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>kodi</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
(2018-05-27, 07:21)Yanta Wrote: These lines?
<rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>

OK, I have removed them. I take it I need to do this on the Kodi server and every client?
So now, all recently added movies will stay on the list for everyone, until 20 new movies have been added. 

Those lined indeed.

And yes, you'll have do this for each Kodi installation.

Your changes will be overwritten each time the skin is updated.
(2018-05-27, 07:32)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-05-27, 07:17)Yanta Wrote: No PC is used by more than one person. Each person has their own PC accessing a central Kodi Server where MYSQL is installed.
In that case, create a separate Kodi database per client, using the same video/music sources. You can name them via the advancedsettings.xml file.
Example of a client Kodi device in the living room, it should get you a livingroomvideo107 video database and livingroommusic60 music databases in the MySQL server. 
What's the point of using mysql if every pc has a (completely) separate databaseHuh  You'd have to scan on every machine, so might as well use a local db.
Unless I've misunderstood the link in post #3 does what the op wants.
(2018-05-27, 12:10)trogggy Wrote: What's the point of using mysql if every pc has a (completely) separate database
People ask for it. A few days ago someone asked a similar thing for a setup in an internet cafe with 25 Kodi clients...
A local db is one option, but for example a MySQL database can be monitored/updated/dropped more easily via the database server.
(2018-05-27, 12:10)trogggy Wrote:
(2018-05-27, 07:32)Klojum Wrote:
What's the point of using mysql if every pc has a (completely) separate databaseHuh  You'd have to scan on every machine, so might as well use a local db.
Unless I've misunderstood the link in post #3 does what the op wants. 
 The suggestion from post #3 does indeed look promising, albeit somewhat complicated (at least for me).

@Klojum's suggestion was appropriate. I can't say I fully understand exactly how to set it up yet, and since space is not an issue on the Kodi server, if I have 10 databases that all have separate watched states, and it's stable and reliable then it may be well worth the time to pursue it. (I am assuming that the per client database is actually stored on the server. If not - then I clearly don't understand profiles.

Of course, "Stable and reliable" has not been my experience with Kodi so far. It's been incredibly fragile and temperamental for me.
To make matters 'worse': each profile can have a local database OR a link to a MySQL database. It's simply a choice you make. :-)

(2018-05-27, 14:56)Yanta Wrote: Of course, "Stable and reliable" has not been my experience with Kodi so far. It's been incredibly fragile and temperamental for me.
I have to say I have a very different experience with the last 6-7 stable releases, when it comes to storage, which was mostly with MySQL databases.
Perhaps your hardware components are coming of age lately, and getting unforeseen errors?
(2018-05-27, 18:14)Klojum Wrote: To make matters 'worse': each profile can have a local database OR a link to a MySQL database. It's simply a choice you make. :-)
(2018-05-27, 14:56)Yanta Wrote: Of course, "Stable and reliable" has not been my experience with Kodi so far. It's been incredibly fragile and temperamental for me.
I have to say I have a very different experience with the last 6-7 stable releases, when it comes to storage, which was mostly with MySQL databases.
Perhaps your hardware components are coming of age lately, and getting unforeseen errors? 

Lol, no. The only part of my Kodi system which is not brand new is my case.

I wont go into detail on this thread about the woes I've been having, as they are documented in detail across other threads (Mostly in Windows subforum).

The actual content isn't stored on the Kodi server. Its on another Windows 2012 r2 server. The storage are all NAS drives and the oldest of those are 1 year old. I had to do it this way because that server also runs MySQL (The latest version), and mixing MySQL versions on one server is not a pleasant experience, or recommended.

In any case, the CPU on the Kodi server is an I5-8400. It takes a full 10 seconds after clicking on Movies to display the library, whereas on one of the PCs which has an I5-8600K it takes 3 seconds, so I am upgrading the CPU today. But that's a performance issue - not a stability issue.
(2018-05-28, 02:15)Yanta Wrote: Lol, no. The only part of my Kodi system which is not brand new is my case.
Not true... Windows 2012 r2 server? Undecided
10 seconds for a movie listing on a brand new machine?!?
I run a MySQL 5.5.x server on a six year old Celeron 1037 with a SSD running an old Ubuntu 14.04 setup. I get movie listings within a second.
Perhaps your 2012 server needs a revision?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate watched status per client0