• 161(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2018-07-18, 11:32)hattabatatta Wrote: Wanted to try Kanzi ...
Followed every step and tried it with Heroku as well as with AWS Lamdba.

Both deploy steps showing the same error:
[Error]: Invalid url info.
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.

Read nearly the whole thread ... most users have the same error and it seems no one fixed this ... 

What a pitty Sad
 I tried several tutorials in german yesterday - but had no luck because they are outdated (e.g. there is no .env.example file anymore)
Tried the lexigram way several times from a Windows 7 PC.  All in all 14 H yesterday to get this stuff done.
No luck.  Have the same text in errorlog.txt

And is it a typo in the Tutorial to name the funktion kazni in Lambda console ?  Well I tried kazni and kanzi. No luck

errorlog says

Error: Command failed: C:\Users\mg\AppData\Roaming\nvm\v8.11.1\node_modules\lexigram-cli\dist/../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t skill
[Error]: Invalid url info.
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.
Wink 
In Germany there is a saying "geht nicht, gibt´s nicht"..

Tried the procedure on a PC with Win10 on it again. Used NVM 1.15 instead latest 1.16.
Skill was deployed this time successfully in a second try. Tongue
All the steps work fine until I get to the command
python:
lexigram generate-function kanzi
at which point this happens every time:

json:
D:\Desktop\lexigram>lexigram generate-function kanzi
 √ Check config file
 √ Validate config file
 √ Check skill directory
 √ Remove old Lambda function code
 x Download latest source code
   → Could not download latest release. Please try again.
   Extract source code
   Copy config file
   Create deployment zip file

The log simply says this:
Error Log

Any ideas?

EDIT: Solved by using Windows 10 & the older NVM 1.15
I see someone asked this once before but I did not see how they fixed the issue.

I'm getting this message in the errorlog from the deploy;

Error: Command failed: /root/.nvm/versions/node/v10.7.0/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/dist/../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t skill
Call update-skill error.
Error code: 404
{
  "message": "Resource not found."
}

The previous person that had a similar issue said they had forgot to enable the skill - in the AWS console?

Thank you in advance

Marc
Is this working in mrmc as well?
This is a follow-up to an issue I posted in May, for which I've not received a reply.  The issue is using Kodi (on a Raspberry Pi, though the issue is the same with it on a Linux or Windows box) as an audio media player, and using the Kanzi Alexa skill for voice response.  It has worked fine for me to play albums but hasn't been willing to play either songs or artists, with errors posted as follows:

File "/var/task/alexa.py", line 91, in decorated_function
return f(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: alexa_listen_artist() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

with a similar error of 

File "/var/task/alexa.py", line 91, in decorated_function
return f(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: alexa_listen_song() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)

It turns out that the problem occurs because supplied Alexa Intents don't have all of the correct Intent Slots.  The Intent Slots for the Custom Skill must match the Intent Slots as defined in the custom intent.  The ListenToArtist Intent needs both Intent slots "Artist" and "MusicGenre," appropriately assigned to the MusicArtists and MovieGenres Slot Types, respectively.  Likewise for the Song Intent.   If one is using Lambda, the Cloudwatch logs will give clues about where in the Python scripts the problems can be found, and the parameters in the function calls of the alexa python script can be mapped to the custom intents.

Rod
The required intent slots for "Song" are Song, Album and Artist.
Yes, you have to fill out all of the slots.
I am still using the old Kodi.  I suspect that this post applies equally to Kanzi.  Yesterday afternoon Kodi stopped responding to its invocation name "Kodi Media".  I quickly discovered that all my skills in development only were ignoring the invocation name.  I checked the Amazon site for 'events'.  There were none.  Published skills worked normally.  

The fix was for each skill was, one by one, change the invocation name and then change it back again (allowing 2 min. for propagation with each change).  That fixed the problem and all is now well.  

Anyone else see this problem.  As I mentioned it was not limited to Kodi.
My development skills are still working fine.  @bill_orange  I am not sure what went wrong for you, unfortunately.
Hello, I have managed to make the skill work on Kodi 17.6 / Fire TV Cube, using AWS Lambda setup. While the voice commands work, after each successful command a grey screen with a small Kanzi logo in the corner appears, showing what action was just taken. For example, when I ask Kodi to play a movie, I can hear the playback starts in the background however the video is blocked by the grey screen that says "Playing [such and such]". When I back out of this screen using the remote control Back button, the playback stops.
Image Image

Can someone please suggest how this screen could be disabled?
Hi all,

As I am french, I sorry for my english which would probably be not perfect.

I try ton install kanzi skill following lexigram (https://lexigr.am/docs/getting-started.html) instructions but I encontred some issues.

Evrithing seems to goes well until the last command : lexigram deploy kanzi.

The command is blocked at the "Deploy skill" step (-> Deploying skill information).

But I do not have error information, the slash orange caracter is turning around and after  more than four hours is still in this state (That's why I am thinking that there is another problem than the transfer :-0 ).

Is there someone to give some ideas for finish the installation ?

I am running the installation on a Windows 10 OS.

Thank's for your help.

Kindest regards.
I just pushed out an update to lexigram-cli so make sure you update it. Hopefully this resolves the issues people have been having with running the deploy command.
I managed to get the skill installed using lamda to execute the requests to kodi, I can see the data being pulled in from my Kodi into the slots section of the skill and the skill is also appearing in the app.

Invocation name is Kodi however when I ask Kodi I just get "I couldn't find a skill called Kodi".

Help please!

edit: is it something to do with language? Is there any way I can see logging of the skill attempt?
I've noticed that recently you have to go into the Alexa app on your phone, browse to Skills -> Your Skills -> Dev Skills -> Kanzi.

Make sure that it's enabled there:

• 161(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15