• 4(current)
OS X OSX Leia Nightlies seem to have broken 'Adjust Display refresh rate' function.
(2018-10-27, 17:07)Memphiz Wrote: The test with the test build is no needed now that the advanced settings approach is working for you. Thx for the quick response. We‘ll see how to get this settings shipped by default for Mac OS.
Sorry for my late answer, I was out for a while.

Well the test I have done with latest official Nightly Build (kodi-20181028-f237c7e5-master-x86_64) + Advanced Settings + White List:
  1. Set OSX Display = 1080p at 60Hz
  2. Start Kodi = "KO" -> Display is switched from 60hz to 50hz (v17 does not switch to 50hz)
  3. Start playing movie = KO -> Film played at 50Hz instead of 24Hz
Test done with Your Dev build (kodi-20180616-48a0727e-fix_osx_refershrates-x86_64) + Advanced Settings + whitelist:
  1. Set OSX Display = 1080p at 60Hz
  2. Start Kodi = "KO" -> Display is switched from 60hz to 50hz (v17 does not switch to 50hz)
  3. Start playing movie = OK -> Display switched from 50hz to 24hz

Logs for Night Build : https://paste.kodi.tv/eyeregoqon.kodi
MacMini (end 2014) - Core i7 3Ghz - 16Gb - Intel Iris 1536Mb
macOS 10.12.6
Kodi 17 + Testing Kodi 18b3

You have two video tags.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-10-29, 19:17)fritsch Wrote: You have two video tags.
 What do you mean by two "video tags" ?
macOS 10.12.6

You posted an advancedsettings.xml with two video tags.

Please only use the the bare minimum to make the tests and don't experiment nor improvise.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Not sure to get it but what I've done : clean install Kodi (delete previous Kodi files), launched Kodi (to create Kodi settings), added a source, activate debug, quitted Kodi, added https://pastebin.com/5b1qaiSf to advancedsettings.xml. That's all.

If I need to remove/modify/merge something in advancedsettings.xml please feel free to advise, so you won't feel I'm improvising Smile  

I can also re-create the env. from scratch as I'm using it for tests for too long...
macOS 10.12.6

Just this one:

Code:
                                <advancedsettings>
                                              <video>
                                                <adjustrefreshrate>
                                                  <override>
                                                    <fpsmin>23.91</fpsmin>
                                                    <fpsmax>24.10</fpsmax>
                                                    <refresh>24.0</refresh>
                                                  </override>
                                                  <override>
                                                    <fpsmin>59.91</fpsmin>
                                                    <fpsmax>60.10</fpsmax>
                                                    <refresh>60.0</refresh>
                                                  </override>
                                                  <override>
                                                    <fpsmin>29.91</fpsmin>
                                                    <fpsmax>30.10</fpsmax>
                                                    <refresh>30.0</refresh>
                                                  </override>
                                                </adjustrefreshrate>
                                              </video>
                                            </advancedsettings>
Pffff... you got it !  Nerd

I really do not how this f...ing advancedsettings.xml got "corrupted" and I did not had the idea to check the video tag.

So thank you, it now works as expected.

At the end, the only difference vs v17 is the fact that v18 switch display at 50hz at startup while v17 kept OSX settings. But it's not a big deal.

Thank you a lot @fritsch for your quick and efficient help !
macOS 10.12.6

Post a new log for the 50hz issue - imo this should not switch ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2018-10-31, 16:31)Memphiz Wrote: Post a new log for the 50hz issue - imo this should not switch ...
Since my last post I made many tests to try to understand why Kodi was switching to 50hz at startup but also why the Mac was going back and forth between 50hz and 60hz during reboot sequence (apple logo).
I changed macOS display settings in all possible ways without any success. Then I restarted the Mac and done a PRAM reset and set 60hz in macOS display Prefs
Now the mac boots in 60hz and do not switch anymore to 50hz.

This also resulted in Kodi not switching to 50hz anymore...

I also made additional tests today before posting back : set macOS to 24hz -> Kodi starts without changing the frequ. (before it was switching to 50hz).

So, from now,  I wasn't able to reproduce the previous behavior.

Thank you for your support and follow-up of the incident
macOS 10.12.6

I've done some more testing this week-end using my "target / production" setup and I must say I'm a bit confused.

First, the less problematic point: I encounter a refresh rate issue with a TV Show that set the display to 25hz instead of 50hz. I removed 25hz from the white list and now it play at 50hz (logs attached before I disabled 25hz in white list)

Second point, the big one: Without any clear reason, playing movies @24hz does not work correctly anymore. I'm facing an old issue that was present in old v17 beta and corrected in RC. The video playback is awfully choppy. Video and Audio often goes out of sync... until you disable VTBDecoder  Sad. Of course, disabling VTB Decoder can be assumed as a workaround but it has a huge impact on the CPU... 

With VTBDecoder activated -> KO (Choppy)
With VTBDecoder deactivated -> OK (but High CPU)
With VTBDecoder activated AND an active ARD Session -> OK (I found that if I access the mac hosting Kodi via Apple Remote Desktop while playing movie, the display on TV is no more choppy) 

If needed I can open the second point in a new thread or to the one already open. I do not know if both issues are related.
macOS 10.12.6

@Ribero

The forum moderators have determined that Banned_addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-11-04, 21:42)Karellen Wrote: @Ribero

The forum moderators have determined that Banned_addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Hmmm, sorry for that, the only installed and used plugin in my setup is PKC (PlexKodiConnect). The faulty repository probably was a test residue... 
To be sure I restarted from a fresh install.

I updated my previous post with new logs and added a log for a use case where no more choppy display: VTBDecoder ON + active remote session (ARD). See my previous post for details.
macOS 10.12.6

Ribero. Your findings are consistent with mine. It's really weird the active remote desktop session causing the v judo to work properly.
Yes really weird. I do not understand the relationship between ARD and the VTBDecoder...

There is another minor (?) thing that is probably not normal. In Preferences -> System -> Video -> Display there is a screen resolution that appears 2 times : 1920x1080p
The first one use the display settings of macOS (60hz in my setup). The second one seems to be stuck at 50hz even if macOS default display frequency is set to something different (50hz or 24hz).

All test I have done are using the first 1080p entry.
macOS 10.12.6

And if you go windowed the choppiness stops?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX Leia Nightlies seem to have broken 'Adjust Display refresh rate' function.0