v17 AAC sound not decoding to 5.1
I have my minix U9H (kodi 17.6) linked directly to my tv via HDMI and then the optical directly to my Yamaha AVR 550 Receiver.

I can play both DTS and DD 5.1 with no problems aside from a few drop outs. But the receiver only picks plays PCM stereo for AAC source material.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks
Yes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok, would you be able to elaborate please?
Ok it seems that the problem is the MINIX box only outputting PCM as stereo, is this correct? 

Would using LibreELEC solve this issue do you know? 

Thanks
Workaround:
Set speaker channels to 2.0
Enable AC3
Enable Dolby Transcoding
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks, that worked perfectly!
I'm having the same problem.
However ar first AAC streams were decoded to multichannel (up to 7.1) successfully.
After update to Leia 18.1 I only get stero PCM. Transcoding to DolbyDigital/AC3 doesn't work - the sound is distorted and not playable.

I'm om Xiaomi Mi Box.
Any suggestions? I cannot play any 5.1 AAC except in stereo mode. I'm 100% sure it worked before.
So, then install v17.6 - works again?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AAC sound not decoding to 5.10