• 32(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2018-11-30, 14:17)FlashOne Wrote: Could you please try with tv shows like "The Crown", "Better Call Saul", "Disenchantment", "Narcos: Mexico" or movies like "Sulla mia pelle" or "Jack Whitehall: At Large". All these used to play fine for me in 1080p but not anymore.
 All are 720P now.
(2018-11-30, 12:59)essam315 Wrote:
(2018-11-30, 05:08)Cangeoboy Wrote: Getting german audio and some german subtitles with the latest build.  Is there a way to permanently set the addon to English audio?
Open Kodi press on the settings icon, and press on "Player", stand on "language", and under "Audio" press on "Preferred Audio language", and choose the language you want, and under "subtitles", press on "Preferred subtitle language", and choose the language you want.

ImageImageImage 
 Perfect, that worked.  Thanks.
(2018-11-30, 14:49)essam315 Wrote:
(2018-11-30, 14:17)FlashOne Wrote: Could you please try with tv shows like "The Crown", "Better Call Saul", "Disenchantment", "Narcos: Mexico" or movies like "Sulla mia pelle" or "Jack Whitehall: At Large". All these used to play fine for me in 1080p but not anymore.
 All are 720P now. 
So, apparently, it shouldn't be some country-related issue and doesn't depend on my config. 
Many thx for your feedback and help
(2018-11-30, 14:49)essam315 Wrote:  All are 720P now. 

Is this due to the add-on or is Netflix doing this?

dgktkr
Hi, I had the same problem with previous version of this addon (black screen after "play") with the 0.13.20 it works again but the resolution has decreased to "sd" and I don't understand the cause, I have a "standard HD plan" and until recently I saw at 1080p...
(2018-11-30, 22:12)Insert coin Wrote: Hi, I had the same problem with previous version of this addon (black screen after "play") with the 0.13.20 it works again but the resolution has decreased to "sd" and I don't understand the cause, I have a "standard HD plan" and until recently I saw at 1080p...
I correct, most of the content works in 720p, but, for example, the Beauty and the Beast (the 2017 movie) only runs in SD resolution...
(2018-11-30, 19:18)dgktkr Wrote:
(2018-11-30, 14:49)essam315 Wrote:  All are 720P now. 

Is this due to the add-on or is Netflix doing this?

dgktkr  
I think it might be from the add-on, but i'm not sure.
Just getting started with Kodi, on Pi, on Linux (not Android). Netflix installed, 0.9.13, can login, but playback fails. No crash, just returns to the episode menu. I ran some log capture: http://paste.kodi.tv/ukofebupaz

Try this release modified by me (just a workaround), and you should get "The Crown", "Disenchantment", "Jack Whitehall" in 1080P and more content in 1080P.

https://mega.nz/#!l0t0wQqK!FIYRn0JTtAwto...GCHdBwy7pQ

In the videos that are less than 1080P, try to choose the resolution manually, right click on the Netflix plugin icon, and choose "Settings", in "Account" press on "Inputstream Addon Settings", in "Stream Selection" choose "Manual" and go and play the video, and press on the settings icon, then press on "Video Settings", from "Video Stream" choose 1920 1080 if available and press on "close.". This method worked for me with "Narcos: Mexico" and "Better call Saul" season 1.

If for any reason the plugin is not choosing 1080p when you select auto anymore, close Kodi and delete the contents of this folder, restart Kodi and try playing the videos.

C:\Users\Essam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\inputstream.adaptive

By choosing "500000000" in Min. Bandwidth most of the titles will be 1080P by default (or choose a higher value).

Remember before installing the plugin to uninstall everything first full uninstall, then install Kodi and the Netflix plugin.

Your workaround is awesome, finally everything seems to be in its right place. Not even needed to manually select resolution from InputStream, all movies and tv shows I randomly tried to play start at 1080p automatically.
I got an high end htpc and a broadband connection but I haven't noticed anything strange in cpu consumption or bandwidth.
You should definitely submit this plugin version on github for further testing, you made a great work!
(2018-12-01, 11:54)FlashOne Wrote: Your workaround is awesome, finally everything seems to be in its right place. Not even needed to manually select resolution from InputStream, all movies and tv shows I randomly tried to play start at 1080p automatically.
I got an high end htpc and a broadband connection but I haven't noticed anything strange in cpu consumption or bandwidth.
You should definitely submit this plugin version on github for further testing, you made a great work!
This is really a good news, I'm glad i could help you, but i think i could not submit this because its a workaround, and the developers do not agree on using workarounds.
I also get it running in 1080p on my Pi 3B+ / Libreelec but I have to set at least 20000000 bit in max bitrate / InputStream adaptive and it's not running smooth then.
Maybe I have to find the right settings...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2018-12-01, 12:10)C.O.D. Wrote: I also get it running in 1080p on my Pi 3B+ / Libreelec but I have to set at least 20000000 bit in max bitrate / InputStream adaptive and it's not running smooth then.
Maybe I have to find the right settings...
 1080p in pi3B+ not possible.
For smooth playback you have to set 720p in inputstream
(2018-12-01, 12:09)essam315 Wrote:
(2018-12-01, 11:54)FlashOne Wrote: Your workaround is awesome, finally everything seems to be in its right place. Not even needed to manually select resolution from InputStream, all movies and tv shows I randomly tried to play start at 1080p automatically.
This is really a good news, I'm glad i could help you, but i think i could not submit this because its a workaround, and the developers do not agree on using workarounds. 
For me too.

On my NUC7i5BNH everything is working fine now with your workaround
essam315, I set mine to 50000000 Min Bandwidth and auto but it defaults to 720p. If I choose manual i can select 1080p stream and it plays perfect. Any thoughts on that? I would leave it to manual, but for some reason when i do that the Amazon plugin i use as well locks up.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14