• 86(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
@sobador 
Can you try 6.2.3~alpha1 to see if you're able to watch the video you reported while logged in.

@r0ck0
If hasn't already fixed itself, go to Settings - Maintenance - Clear function cache

@eugeno
As far as I can tell it looks like a connection issue. A couple users with similar issues found that disabling IPv6 in Kodi fixed it for them, if your connection supports IPv6 it may be worth a try.

@jdig4240 @bluenote
I've tried reproducing without any luck so far.

@Mr Dan
If you haven't already, make sure you are on version 6.3.0/6.3.1 and then run the add-on Settings - Maintenance - Clear function cache

@siliconhippy
The order is; 1. MPEG-DASH, 2. 'Settings - Video quality' value, 3. Closest quality that is lower than the 'Settings - Video quality' value
When InputStream Adaptive 'Stream Selection' is 'Auto', you set a Min./Max Bandwidth to control which quality is used. 
For 720p on YouTube that would be something like Min. Bandwidth = 1300000 and Max Bandwidth = 3000000
For 1080p would be something like Min Bandwidth = 6000000 and Max Bandwidth = 0

'Manual' Stream selection will start at lowest or last played(same video) quality, you need to change the selected stream manually.
To change the selected stream, start playing a dash video with InputStream Adaptive 'Stream Selection' set to 'Manual'
Then;
a. Image
b. Image
c. Image
d. Image

See #2

If MPEG-DASH is enabled the add-on will always use that if available.

---

I've updated post #2 with 6.3.2~alpha1
    [fix] some videos not playing when logged in
    [fix] reset function cache at restart/update to resolve issues persisting due to cached results
    [fix] service potentially not shutting down http server
    [upd] player javascript retrieval
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Rainbow 
@anxdpanic

Real great tutorial above ! ☺☺☺

Btw, I see some big changes on YouTube besides the recent new menus- many URLs for TV channels seem to change on the fly giving not-available errors in my PVR IPTV Simple Client. A friend thinks that Youtube might be changing URL structure.

Is above just our imagination? And is YouTube now supporting both HLS and DASH?
Live streams do not not always have the same video id, this is normal.
You can use;
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?channel_id=$CHANNELID&live=$LIVESTREAM_INDEX
$CHANNELID can be found in urls like https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLA_DiR1FfKNvjuUpBHmylQ
$LIVESTREAM_INDEX can be 1 - #, setting this to 1 will pick the first live stream for that channel

Live streams have been/are available in HLS or MPEG-DASH. Kodi 15, 16, and 18 all work with HLS, Kodi 17 does not work with YouTube's HLS streams. Kodi 17 and 18 work with MPEG-DASH.
It may sound stupid but can I ask three simple questions.

1) I don't get the "Use Playback History" option, what does this so, I can't seem to find any differences when trying on/off

2) In the second post you mention limitations in History and Watch Later. What are those, I haven't seen any? Videos are there and synced, isn't that all that matters?

3) is there any way to refresh Playlists? I added a playlist yesterday and it's visible on YouTube web and Android Apps however not in the Kodi Add-on.

Thanks!
(2019-01-23, 18:00)anxdpanic Wrote: @jdig4240 @bluenote
I've tried reproducing without any luck so far.
 I cant replicate the trailer issue anymore. Seems to be working just fine now.
Rainbow 
(2019-01-23, 19:33)anxdpanic Wrote: Live streams do not not always have the same video id, this is normal.
You can use;
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?channel_id=$CHANNELID&live=$LIVESTREAM_INDEX
$CHANNELID can be found in urls like https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLA_DiR1FfKNvjuUpBHmylQ
$LIVESTREAM_INDEX can be 1 - #, setting this to 1 will pick the first live stream for that channel

Live streams have been/are available in HLS or MPEG-DASH. Kodi 15, 16, and 18 all work with HLS, Kodi 17 does not work with YouTube's HLS streams. Kodi 17 and 18 work with MPEG-DASH.

@anxdpanic

So above is additional structure (for channels?) besides plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id= %video_id% (for individual streams?) ?

Any other structure, and any rules to choose?
@D-m-x
1. That option will have the add-on track your watched/resume points, when disabled Kodi's builtin system is used. I wouldn't use it unless necessary.
2. History should be working in current versions, the limitation of Watch Later is you can't remove items by default. That limitation can also be resolved now by following the prompts at Settings - Folders - Watch Later - Retrieve Watch Later playlist id
3. Settings - Maintenance - Clear data cache

@siliconhippy 
That structure is for channel live streams only (it needs to be added to the wiki in my signature). The live stream that plays may rotate if you have more than one per channel, but they should remain usable for new live content for the channels where video ids change. See the wiki in my signature for other options.
(2019-01-23, 18:00)anxdpanic Wrote: @eugeno
As far as I can tell it looks like a connection issue. A couple users with similar issues found that disabling IPv6 in Kodi fixed it for them, if your connection supports IPv6 it may be worth a try.
IPv6 is disabled by default in OSMC, and by my router too. So it must be something else.
Hey all,

I can't seem to get any higher res videos, than 720p, in the YouTube addon.

I have enable inputstream-adaptive (latest version) and enabled MPEG-DASH in Youtube.  Stream section in YouTube set to manual.

inputstream-adaptive settings are:
min bandwidth 0
max bandwidth 0
max res general decoder max
max res secure decoder max
stream selection auto (have also tried manual)
media all
Ignore display resolution - enabled

Am I missing something? When I chose a supposed 4k video in Youtube it only shows me up to 720p max listed is the choices.

Any advice you can give would be HUGELY appreciated!

Cheers,
Ken
@eugeno Will keep it in mind if I come up with something new.

@kenmills A complete debug log (wiki) may uncover the cause.
Wink 
(2019-01-24, 01:01)anxdpanic Wrote: @kenmills A complete debug log (wiki) may uncover the cause.
 Sorry - here it is! : https://paste.kodi.tv/oxizequfup
@kenmills There appear to be banned addons (wiki) present on your system, and you are using a version of this add-on not found here. Will need a debug log (wiki) with those add-ons removed for support.
Sorry if this has been covered before. I have this latency when skipping time in videos where the audio will take a little while to resume, usually around 5-10 seconds. This seems to only occur with MPEG-DASH enabled. I’m running on a Celeron NUC with LibreELEC. Anyone else see this issue?
@druu This is a known issue with the version of inputstream.adaptive on Kodi 17, it should be resolved in the version available for Kodi 18.
(2019-01-24, 01:21)anxdpanic Wrote: @kenmills There appear to be banned addons (wiki) present on your system, and you are using a version of this add-on not found here. Will need a debug log (wiki) with those add-ons removed for support.
 Sure, sorry.  Everything but YouTube has been removed. 

YouTube is version 6.3.1 - it was just renumbered for testing.  numbered back correctly now.

Updated log here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/vofiqadibo

Now it's showing 1080p but no 4k.

Cheers!
Ken

Cheers,
Ken
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18