• 59(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
(2019-03-23, 00:24)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-22, 02:56)Edworld Wrote: possible bug or design change:

On poster showcase, it used to show metacritic, imdb, tomato ratings, latest version is imdb only

It's working fine for me.   
weird

I did a fresh install of Leia, I can get ratings to show up in dialogvideoinfo (metacritics, tomatoes, oscars) but in poster showcase I only get imdb. Something is creating a conflict on my side...

edit:
By the way, I am using windows 7.

I installed version 9.11 alpha2 and all three ratings showup, but not with 9.14 alpha5

Any ideas?
(2019-03-22, 12:51)NeroBoron Wrote: Hey,
1.) Within the Information screen video information and sound information can get cutted as seen in in this screenshot:
2.) The information screen is fantastic and i love the similar movies section. Would like to see a second similar movies row, but instead of local similar movies i would like to see a suggestion of similar movies that isn't in my library Smile
3.) Imo in the top row the caps text should not be shown when not within a widget. It only displays the current selection which is visible when i don't have any widget or when I'm in the home menu. It only becomes neccessary when I'm currently in the widget selection, becuase then the menu isn't visible anymore.
3.) Not even sure about the "Home" text on the left as well. Would be more minimalistic without it^^
4.) How about configurable corners (except top left)? Currently the position of clock, now playing and codecs are fixed and assigned to one corner. I would like to assign those to different ones and also have more different options like rss feed or item count. So the user can assign to the corner what he wants to see there.
5) I love the white icons that come with your skin, I also tried to use them within library node editor. Unfortunately they are to small and get ugly by upscaling. Could you provide larger ones or svgs (if kodi can handle them)?
As mentioned before and already on your todo:
6) Icons on Homescreen Big Grin
7) Arrow Hints Wink
8) Visual support for the possible TimeShifting in PVR would be great Smile
9) An option for different widget sizes would be nice, so that we can get more rows within the vertical menu like with kodis default skin. For examples those big picutres are not needed for a nodes widget. Imo kodis default skin does a great job there

1. Yeah, not quite sure what to do about that. As you've probably noticed, the codec info only shows on that line if you've disabled the codec info in the bottom right. To free up space when the bottom right codecs are disabled, I might need to move the studio name down into the section where the genre info is.
2. I don't know of any addons that supply such functionality. SkinHelper widgets (which is what I use for the similar movies section) only shows items in the library.
3&4. Yeah I agree. Going to hide the header stuff unless widget is selected.
5. I wish that Kodi supported svg but it doesn't. All my icons come from https://iconmonstr.com/ - you can get different sizes there.
8. Yeah, this might be a while off seeing as I don't have a working pvr to test with.
9. The problem with different sized widgets is that the widgets will then be cut off half way down the screen (see screenshot below). Unlike Aura or Estuary, AZ2 has content shown in the bottom section of the screen, so there needs to be padding from the edge to prevent overlaps. Even if I disabled stuff like codecs on the home screen, having a setup like Estuary or Aura will break mouse support (which I'm making an effort to support in this skin). The only other option is to have a similarly size widget like in the submenu hub and then have an enforced gap between it and the next item - so that it effectively takes up the same space as other widgets, but just leaves blank space.

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-03-22, 14:20)Cartman255 Wrote: Hi Jurial
Might have a Bug! when you access a playlist from a sub menu, when you back out to the home screen it still has the sub menu open and you have to back out again. should it not go back to Normal Home??

This skin is getting better by the day so thanks for all your support. Smile

No, this is intentional. I thought it made more sense to go back to the position you were previously at. For instance, say you click "Genres" and then realise you actually want to look at years. If I force focusing the main menu on back, then you would need to re-open the submenu to choose years. Similarly, say that you have a widget of in progress tv shows - If I click on one of the shows to see what episodes I have left to watch, when I click back, I would expect the widget with the tvshow to be focused rather than being forced back to the main menu and having to then renavigate to where I was previously.
(2019-03-22, 18:59)Weavus Wrote: Any chance you can add a new smaller size of panel for the widgets? I'd really love to be able to have one (or a few!) that's about half of the size of the current icon panel (about the size of the panels for submenu items inside 1135) maybe rectangle rather than square. I've playing with having a single homescreen for Movies and another for TV with no submenus but the minimum size I can make any of the widgets types is becoming a problem...

It would be great to have a few smaller options to choose from when you are displaying an icon or small bit of text.

Thanks!

See response in this post (point 9)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2837285
(2019-03-22, 19:00)Weavus Wrote: Also, does anyone know if its possible to replace the label text of Playlists or Library Nodes with icons in those boxes like the Genres?

Looks like I just need to add something like <icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedEpisodes.png</icon> to the xml...

Next question, is it possible to get some of the widgets to auto-update on library change and schedule? I have a few that are set to random and I'd like them to change every 15 minutes or so, or ones that display new added items refresh on library update.

Seems like this might already be enabled. Can you confirm the refresh timing interval?

Refresh of containers is handled by Kodi. Kodi is *supposed* to refresh containers after a library update or after you finish watching something.
(2019-03-23, 01:41)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 00:24)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-22, 02:56)Edworld Wrote: possible bug or design change:

On poster showcase, it used to show metacritic, imdb, tomato ratings, latest version is imdb only

It's working fine for me.  
weird

I did a fresh install of Leia, I can get ratings to show up in dialogvideoinfo (metacritics, tomatoes, oscars) but in poster showcase I only get imdb. Something is creating a conflict on my side...

I installed version 9.11 alpha2 and all three ratings showup, but not with 9.14 alpha5

Any ideas?

Sorry! Yep, I just managed to recreate this issue. I think it should be fixed with v0.9.15
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc....15-alpha2

Can you test and confirm?
(2019-03-23, 02:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 01:41)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 00:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: It's working fine for me.  
weird

Any ideas? 

Sorry! Yep, I just managed to recreate this issue. I think it should be fixed with v0.9.15
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...9.15-alpha

Thanks, it works!
(2019-03-23, 00:33)chrissix Wrote: Has this skin multiimage characterart support and multiimage poster (aka extraposter or characterposter) support?

No sorry.
(2019-03-23, 00:39)Mungo Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 00:01)onesane Wrote:
(2019-03-22, 12:07)Mungo Wrote:  Can @onesane @jurialmunkey or anyone else that may know - point me in the right direction / option / requirement to get the above enabled? (TV Logo displayed over episode thumbnail). I've been back through the thread and noticed it on a few screenshots HERE, but I can't seem to find where this option would be. TV Show folders have a logo.png and a Clearart.png image, and were there at time of scanning, so Kodi/skins should know about them.

I'm using the current release version 0.9.14.

Any help is appreciated  Smile

Cheers,

Mungo         
I actually just stumbled upon them working for the landscaped episodes on the hub by accident. What I did initially was go through my tv shows (in the LoveFilm view) and chose clearlogos under the "choose art" menu item on the show's description page. I right-clicked on the tv show, selected "Information," and selected "Thumb," went down to "clearlogo" and selected a clearlogo from the tv show's folder. (I had previously saved the images along with fanart and all that, but I think maybe they weren't named using the correct format - mine are logo.png, but maybe kodi requires clearlogo.png or something. I dunno. They weren't being picked up automatically in my library scrapes anyway. You can also use the Artwork Beef addon to download and assign the clearlogos.

Yesterday, I noticed that in the submenu for new episodes widget, they were also displayed over the landscapes, which led me to reply to you and share. Hope this helps. I'm far from an expert here...        
Awesome, thanks for the extra info - appreciate it. Now that it's rolled around to the weekend, and I've had time to sit down with a nice coffee, relax and take another, less rushed look at this. I've followed a few breadcrumbs down the rabbit hole, bounced through a few wiki pages, and come up with the following tidbits for those like myself, you, @ontap and probably a slew of other people that will hopefully find handy:
. *Note: I have all my metadata (nfo's + artwork of all types) pre-scraped and stored locally with my media. I don't have, and never had, Artwork Beef installed
  • Naming convention: All my logos, are named "logo.png". This appears to be an outdated naming convention with "clearlogo.png" being the preferred default
  • Case Sensitivity: I seem to have OCD when it comes to naming standards in general, and most of my artwork starts capitalised....extra fanart naming conventions state all lowercase. Just Something to check.
  • Availability of use: Although extra artwork is a skin by skin thing, even if a skin can make use of them - Kodi from v18 needs to be TOLD they're there in general via a new "whitelist" of artwork types. This is done by adding a "videolibrary" section to your advancedsettings.xml. This includes clearlogo's and a slew of other artwork types:
SO....once I had a) renamed my logos to "clearlogo", b) made sure they were all lowercase, c) added the videolibrary section and wanted artwork types into my advancedsettings file and finally d) refreshed my TV library... - BOOM - ... logos on landscapes....

I tested with a single TV series, then once the above worked - used bulk rename utility to rename all my "logo.png"'s to "clearlogo.png", ensuring all lowercase, re-scanned my library and well,...I feel like I'm back on a level playing field with everyone else that seemed to be a step ahead  Rofl .

Excellent! Glad it's working now Big Grin

Also, thanks for these clear instructions to help others out!
(2019-03-23, 02:05)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 02:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 01:41)Edworld Wrote: weird

Any ideas? 

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...9.15-alpha

Thanks, it works!

Cheers! Thanks for confirming.
(2019-03-23, 01:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: See response in this post (point 9)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2837285

Personally, I think having widgets cutoff at the edge of the screen is not actually a bad thing, it shows the users there is more content available in a more intuitive way than arrow indicators. I get what you mean about the notification area though.. Perhaps a small fade into the margin could preserve the look of the skin and solve the issue?

Would it not be possible to make some widgets half height so two rows would be the same as one current row to avoid the issue entirely if you don't agree with the above? If you look at my screenshot it looks like there is enough room for that.

Thanks!
Thanks for your answer.

With the 2.nd Question I mean this:

How can is use the submenu items as widgets in the home menu, like a member posted it here in this forum?

thx
(2019-03-23, 02:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: thanks for these clear instructions to help others out!

No worries man. Just want to, and want others to - get the most out of this beautiful skin you're so kindly designing for us Cool With every iteration I find myself tweaking and adding these little finishing touches to what was already a thing of beauty.

Purely out of curiosity (and that I don't hear from a lot of other fellow Aussies around here) - do you design / code for actual work?
(2019-03-23, 02:19)Mungo Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 02:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: thanks for these clear instructions to help others out!

No worries man. Just want to, and want others to - get the most out of this beautiful skin you're so kindly designing for us Cool With every iteration I find myself tweaking and adding these little finishing touches to what was already a thing of beauty.

Purely out of curiosity (and that I don't hear from a lot of other fellow Aussies around here) - do you design / code for actual work?
Big Grin

No, I'm just a hobbyist.

I did work for a while as an integrations dev, but it wasn't really my cup of tea - too corporate.

I'm currently completing a sociology phd part-time and I work as an admin assistant in a university.
Hey burial just another question:

What is the option "submenu hub widget" of the main menu icons?

I've tried it out but nothing happens.
In the submenus the hub widgets are working perfect, but I don't understand how to us this option for main menu items.

thx
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226