• 181(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
This has been responded in a comment/reply that I have missed - @admins can delete this one. Thanks
(2019-03-25, 22:24)gilsonsjc Wrote: Would you please tell me what I am missing?

Thanks.

You are missing the ability to read previous posts !!!!!!

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2838218

Take your issues up with Xiaomi - nothing Kodi can do.

WOW, I am sorry dude - I have completely missed that reply! Thanks for the reply! Cheers!
(2019-03-25, 02:28)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 22:43)gilsonsjc Wrote: Hi,

I've just gotten an Xiaomi Mi Box S. I can get the Dolby Digital soundtracks just fine passthrough to my receiver, but whenever I play a Atmos movie the box sends PCM to the receiver. I got the Audio under System Settings in Kodi set to 7.1, Passthrough and all marked in the receiver capable of...

What am I missing?

Thanks
Gilson

A Kodi Log that tells you that the 2018 Mi Box S does NOT have IEC61937 audio support, which is needed for Kodi HD Audio passthrough inc. Atmos.

Blame Xiaomi for not including that in FW for 2018 Mi Box "S" models. Join there Beta Test Firmware group (Post #2686 above) and send feedback.

Dolby TrueHD is usually all you have to tick for Atmos (Dolby TrueHD + extensions) audio passthrough.

The 2018 Mi Box S is the worst Android device to get if you want properly working Kodi HD audio passthru inc. DD+ and Atmos. 

I followed the list to be part of the Beta Test Firmware Group but it had already closed. I've emailed Xiaomi Custumer Support with my inquire. Thanks.
For me wake up works great now pressing middle button. I know this is the Kodi forum, but I would like to know if someone experienced some Cut Off sound in Dolby Digital Plus with Netflix. I had this also before 2550. I can see on the display of Yamaha ampli that when it happens, the Dolby Digital Plus logo and 5 hps disappear for less than one second, like a cut of signal. I do not experience this when playing Kodi so I assume this is a Netflix app problem. PCM works but when you experienced 5.1 you do not want to go back.
I sorted the DD+ issue by using Netflix add-on for Kodi. I chose not to output DD+ (even though my receiver is capable) so I get multi channel DD instead. I used a file with DD+ audio in Kodi with DD+ output enabled and I noticed a few dropoffs on the audio too. I don't think it is a netflix issue but rather an issue with the f/w.

One question to those who do not have the wake up issue after the last update. Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled in the settings?
(2019-03-26, 10:06)nikos_a Wrote: One question to those who do not have the wake up issue after the last update. Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled in the settings?
thanks for your answer. For me CEC disabled
And important, wake up with button in center of the circle button. After 12 hours no problem.
Another point, in sound settings DTS 20% is the right value? Do not understand this parameter...
(2019-03-25, 22:40)jtsarnas Wrote: I'm having another issue. I use the Mi Box with an old dumb fhd tv. I now can see the auto frame rate switch working properly with kodi. The kodi gui resolution is set to 1080p 60Hz. When a movie starts playing I can see the frame rate changes to 1080p 24Hz(my movies are mostly 24hz). When the movie stops it goes to 1080p 60Hz. But when I exit kodi it reverts to 1080p 24hz. No matter if I have set auto resolution or not in droid settings it always reverts to 24Hz. Any ideas?

Update
Wrong alarm
Everything works ok after second reboot
(2019-03-26, 10:06)nikos_a Wrote: I sorted the DD+ issue by using Netflix add-on for Kodi. I chose not to output DD+ (even though my receiver is capable) so I get multi channel DD instead.

I did this, desactivate DD+ option in Kodi parameters, but then, the Ampli shows PCM, and I have to really increase the volume.
Plug in works great, but same cut off as with the Netflix app.
Really a firmware bug? No other patch? Thanks anyway, Chris
(2019-03-25, 22:24)gilsonsjc Wrote: Hey - I've got one Xiaomi Mi Box S. I can get the Dolby Digital Passthrough but I can't get the Atmos signal - it send PCM to my Denon receiver instead when I play a Dolby Atmos record. 

Would you please tell me what I am missing?

Thanks.

DTS-HD and DolbyTrueHD are not supported on the Mi Box S currently, even though they work on the non S variant.

Still waiting on confirmation from those with beta firmwares as to if this was resolved or not (an update was released last week).

Communication from Xiaomi was that they were not going to fix it.
I deeply apologize, if this has been previously discussed, but I haven't been able to find any relevant answer so far.

I don't have 4k resolution available in the whitelist, only 1920x1080 with different refresh rates. Why is that?
Video 
Dynamic Refresh Switching (Auto Frame Rate Switching) works perfectly fine on Kodi 18.2 on my Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB) after update 2550 (OPR6.170623.013.2550), released on 03/22/2019.

In the settings of the Mi Box I changed the screen resolution manually to 1080p-60Hz (I am from Brazil) and in the Kodi settings I did as shown in the video below:

Tongue 
(2019-03-23, 02:42)wrxtasy Wrote: 2018 Mi Box S - owners can join Xiaomi Beta Firmware test program as well - follow THIS (click) link.

Thanks for this link Wink
I did it, and yesterday I downloaded the beta for MiBox S  Tongue
I have a 4K TV Sony: I selected 1080p 60Hz on the Mibox setting (to have Sony upscaling Wink )
I launch KODI, KODI interface is 1080p 60Hz , great !
I launch 1080p movie, the Mibox switch to 23.976, great, it's perfect !!!
I stop, the KODI interface is always at 1080p 60hz Wink
I go back to Mibox interface, it's now 4K 24Hz  Huh
Do you have the same issue ?
Where I can give a feedback to Xiaomi if it's a firmware issue ?
Thanks
regards...
(2019-03-28, 10:18)Ogreen Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 02:42)wrxtasy Wrote: 2018 Mi Box S - owners can join Xiaomi Beta Firmware test program as well - follow THIS (click) link.

How did you join the program? it says it is closed, i also tried to join yesterday and it was closed
(2019-03-28, 10:31)vitocorl Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 10:18)Ogreen Wrote:

How did you join the program? it says it is closed, i also tried to join yesterday and it was closed  
Hello,
I used the link the same day it was posted (the 23th), and it was OK Wink
  • 181(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21