• 5(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)
(2019-04-23, 22:31)ontap Wrote: Sorry if I am mistaken , but I was hoping/thinking that when scrolling through the movies/shows widget list bottom centre that an image or plot or some kind of fan art would show in the centre frame rather than just the default png ?
see pic , thanks.

That's not a bad idea, what do you think Jingai?
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I like the idea Smile
(2019-04-23, 22:31)ontap Wrote: Sorry if I am mistaken , but I was hoping/thinking that when scrolling through the movies/shows widget list bottom centre that an image or plot or some kind of fan art would show in the centre frame rather than just the default png ?
see pic , thanks.

Made the needed changes.
It will display in the order of Thumbnail->Fanart->Landscape, if the first is missing it will display the next and so on, if none of those are available it will display the original video background.
Any images displayed will be stretched to fit the window. 
It will do this for Any video widget that has database support for images (TV Episodes, Movies, Music Videos).

In both the original

and horizontal views.

No release yet to pull down, but it will be in the next beta.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
excellent tx.
Added the ability to sort the order in which widget main menu background is displayed.

Well 3 with choices:
Thumbnail->Fanart->Landscape
Fanart->Landscape->Thumbnail
Landscape->Fanart->Thumbnail

It's not all the possible variations it could be but it should be enough to keep most people happy using the smallest amount of code.

Added the changes up into a release.
Make sure you uninstall the old betas completely before trying a new one.
Hi. I just downloaded The newest version 3.4.29 (aka 3.5.0-beta9) In this release I am unable to change the theme colors in the interface settings (it's colored red). I am able to change the color for the current theme. But I would like to change the theme not only the colors :-)
(2019-05-01, 12:43)Ladylike Wrote: Hi. I just downloaded The newest version 3.4.29 (aka 3.5.0-beta9) In this release I am unable to change the theme colors in the interface settings (it's colored red). I am able to change the color for the current theme. But I would like to change the theme not only the colors :-)

So I checked my install, it worked fine, I switched back to Estuary, removed the skin.metropolis folder and the addon settings and Kodi's settings manually, downloaded the release again from Githib, and installed via zip through Kodi, switched to Metropolis and it worked fine, so I did it all again just to make sure, it worked too.

I think either Kodi didn't install Metropolis correctly or it got corrupted while doing an across the network install.

The first reason can be a glitch or because it was in use while doing an upgrade, either way, try manually deleting Metropolis and reinstalling.
The second reason can be resolved by first coping the skin.metropolis file to the same device prior to installing it, eg. not from a mapped drive or an SMB share but from a local drive. Try manually deleting Metropolis and copying the zip file to a local folder before reinstalling.

To manually remove Metropolis and reinstall it:
1) Use Kodi's "Interface" section in Settings to switch to the Estuary skin.
2) Go to the "Addons" section, and uninstall Metropolis under the "Look and Feel" Skin section.
3) Copy the skin.metropolis file from the release to a local folder.
4) Reinstall from zip file and switch to the skin.

If that doesn't work try this brute force method:
1) Use Kodi's "Interface" section in Settings to switch to the Estuary skin.
2) Close Kodi.
3) Go to where the Metropolis skin is installed, this may be:
       "C:\Users\***insert-username-here***\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\"      in Windows
       "/home/***insert-username-here***/.kodi/addons/"      in Linux
       "/storage/.kodi/addons/"      in LibreElec/OpenElec
       "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/"      in Android

4) Delete the "skin.metropolis" folder manually.
3) Copy the skin.metropolis file from the release to a local folder.
4) Open Kodi.
5) Reinstall from zip file and switch to the skin.

Let me know if it works.
Hi. Thank you for your reply. I tried both methods but the theme is still colored red and I am unable to click on it. I am running kodi 18.2 on an Nvidia shield. I even tried to reinstall kodi itself but no luck either.
(2019-05-01, 15:18)Ladylike Wrote: Hi. Thank you for your reply. I tried both methods but the theme is still colored red and I am unable to click on it. I am running kodi 18.2 on an Nvidia shield. I even tried to reinstall kodi itself but no luck either.

I have an external hard drive connected to the shield. I tried running it from there and also from the internal drive.
(2019-05-01, 15:18)Ladylike Wrote: Hi. Thank you for your reply. I tried both methods but the theme is still colored red and I am unable to click on it. I am running kodi 18.2 on an Nvidia shield. I even tried to reinstall kodi itself but no luck either.

I'm not sure, seems like something with the version you have. Possibly could be that the version you have wants a different folder for themes than the standard one.
Could be that you need to move them to a different folder to make the Shield version happy.  Older Kodi installs used a "theme" folder, if their Shield version was forked from an older version it could be that the maintainer forgot to make the change in their source.

Can you use the File Manager in Kodi to look in the "/.kodi/addons/skin.metropolis/media/" folder to see if the themes are even there. (they should be named with the theme name and end in .xbt)

Could be a mismatch with the XBT texture packer I used and what your Shield version wants. (but the primary texture file in Metropolis uses the same one and seems to work)

Do you have a log you can post? I think there is a log viewer addon that can make it easier.

Did it work in the last beta version of Metropolis or rather is there a version it still works in? Are there any other skins that use themes and do they work?

Everything has a reason, we can figure it out.
(2019-05-02, 03:56)MacGyver Wrote:

I'm not sure, seems like something with the version you have. Possibly could be that the version you have wants a different folder for themes than the standard one.
Could be that you need to move them to a different folder to make the Shield version happy.  Older Kodi installs used a "theme" folder, if their Shield version was forked from an older version it could be that the maintainer forgot to make the change in their source.

Can you use the File Manager in Kodi to look in the "/.kodi/addons/skin.metropolis/media/" folder to see if the themes are even there. (they should be named with the theme name and end in .xbt)

Could be a mismatch with the XBT texture packer I used and what your Shield version wants. (but the primary texture file in Metropolis uses the same one and seems to work)

Do you have a log you can post? I think there is a log viewer addon that can make it easier.

Did it work in the last beta version of Metropolis or rather is there a version it still works in? Are there any other skins that use themes and do they work?

Everything has a reason, we can figure it out. 

Hi, I have a log here, i hope this is helpfull and i did it correctly : https://pastebin.com/5ngCX1A6

I looked in the theme folder and the themes are there i do not see any .xbt files i see a map with a lot of .png images. Im also not exactly sure where to look for this .xbt file.
In all previous beta versions the theme option worked. In the estuary skin i am also able to change the theme. just not in metropolis.
By the way, I am using unofficial kodi addons. But this also happened when I did a clean install with just kodi and only metropolis skin. Since it is quite a job to fully reset and install kodi again as I want it I hope its good enough you are still willing to help. If not I could reset kodi with only metropolis so you can see any other addon is not causing the problem. Although I'd rather not do that :-)
(2019-05-02, 10:45)Ladylike Wrote: Im also not exactly sure where to look for this .xbt file.

When you use Kodi's File Manager and go to this location "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.metropolis/media/" on your Shield what files do you see?

Also just to make sure, you used this link to download the 3.4.29-beta (-https://github.com/MacGyverr/skin.metropolis/releases/download/3.4.29/skin.metropolis.zip) and not the "Clone or Download" from my Github page, right?

Nothing seems wrong in the log, usually the only time the themes don't work are if you use a "non-release" version from the Git. The git has raw media files in its folders and not packed .xbt files.

In your "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.metropolis/media/" folder you should have 7 .xbt files and nothing else, if you have a bunch of folders and image files then it wasn't installed from the release zip but the clone zip.
Ok downloading and reinstalling the skin with your link fixed the problem! I guess I download the wrong version on which the themes weren't loaded correctly. Since you now gave me a direct link I am unsure where to download the future updates, could you explain how I need to download them please?

Thank you for solving my problem!
Also I have one more question. I kinda like the steam punk theme but I dislike the edges around images. I think for my personal liking they are to thick. I like the ones in silk better for example. Is there I way to easily edit that?

I am a complete noob when it comes to this so if it's too hard nevermind :-)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)0