• 2(current)
Release Philips Hue Service & Ambilight
tried this add-on because the other one didn't work
Running LibreElec 9.02
I'm able to connect to the bridge and it shows.
but when i want to select a scene it says bridge not configured

xml:
2019-07-16 16:24:35,042 INFO [menu][<module>](22): Starting default.py, version 0.6.4, Kodi: 18.2 Git:18.2-Leia
2019-07-16 16:24:35,042 INFO [core][menu](24): menu started, version: 0.6.4, Arguments: sceneSelect
2019-07-16 16:24:35,042 DEBUG [core][menu](56): Started with sceneSelect, kgroup: 0, kaction: start
2019-07-16 16:24:35,043 DEBUG [kodiHue][connectBridge](395): in Connect() with settings: bridgeIP: 192.168.2.42, bridgeUser: 
2019-07-16 16:24:35,043 DEBUG [kodiHue][connectBridge](426): Bridge not configured
2019-07-16 16:24:35,043 DEBUG [core][menu](64): No bridge found. sceneSelect cancelled.
2019-07-16 16:24:35,043 INFO [menu][<module>](24): Shutting down default.py, version 0.6.4, Kodi: 18.2 Git:18.2-Leia

Anything i'm missing ?
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2019-07-16, 16:31)TRaSH Wrote: tried this add-on because the other one didn't work
Running LibreElec 9.02
I'm able to connect to the bridge and it shows.
but when i want to select a scene it says bridge not configured

Anything i'm missing ?

Hi @TRaSH! Thanks for trying it out

From the logs it looks like it can find your bridge IP but it doesn't have a username so it can't login. Can you please try running "Discover Hue Bridge" under general and send those logs instead? If you look for the log line "Started with Discovery" or "In bridgeDiscover". Those logs should tell us why the login isn't working
done,
it get's discovered.
but when i go to one of the other settings i get the same error

https://paste.kodi.tv/opubeyavay.kodi
(2019-07-16, 18:46)TRaSH Wrote: done,
it get's discovered.
but when i go to one of the other settings i get the same error

https://paste.kodi.tv/opubeyavay.kodi

Hi,

It looks like your bridge software version is 1.16 which dates from 2016 and the discovery process is failing. Hue made changes over the years and some of the features this add-on uses (particularly how scenes are handled) needs a newer version.  You'll need to use the official Hue app to update your software. Once your bridge is updated, run the discovery again and it should complete and save the username properly this time.

There's information on how to update your bridge here: https://www2.meethue.com/en-ca/support/e...ertainment

It's probably worth the update even if you didn't use the addon, they've made it more secure and added some features over the years. The update works with either the round v1 or v2 square bridge

I'll try and add a better error message for this in the future. There's probably an exception/traceback in kodi.log (but not kodiHue.log) that gives more detail. If you can find it that would help me fix it for others that have this Hue version.

Hope this helps!
their's no new update for my bridge,
i still got the V1 model the round one.
thnx i'll look around for a new model then
Hi,

The Hue update process was unreliable on the older versions and is still kinda wonky. Try unplugging your bridge for a minute, plug it back in and wait half an hour, then check for updates again. Also make sure you have the latest V3 android/iOS app.

Hue has release notes with the firmware versions here: https://www2.meethue.com/en-ca/support/r...tes/bridge

If you don't see Zones or Power-On behaviour in the app settings, your system isn't fully updated yet. It took mine hours to update all the lights and I had to power cycle all of my lights... If the update is impossible you could also try a factory reset of your bridge by pressing the reset button with a paper clip, but you'll have to re-add all your lights and reconfigure everything.

I switched to the round bridge a year ago and there's no difference unless you need homekit. It would have been a waste of money but it came in a starter kit I wanted the bulbs from.
The last firmware for the V1 model is.
Firmware 01041302 (Bridge V1)
and that's the firmware i got.
Atleast someone is having the same issue as me.

I also have the old round V1 hue bridge, seems like i need to upgrade.

It has always worked with the old hue app from mpolednik, but sadly, after upgrading to kodi 18 it hasn't worked anymore.

I'll try to get it to work and repost back if it does, but i'm afraid i'll just have to upgrade to the V2 hub. If there are any logs i can provide to help this, let me know!
Hi

You're right, I read up on this and looks like Philips split up compatibility between the two bridges. When I got the V2 bridge there was no difference but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. The ambilight feature might work though, since the only big difference between the bridges is how scenes are created. 

That said, I looked into the logs TRaSH sent and realized there were two big problems in the discovery code, but they were easy to fix so I updated it. It probably wasn't working for a lot of people! 

I updated the version on the repo and Github, you can get the zip here: https://github.com/zim514/script.service...ses/latest
Just updated it,
And it seems I can connect.
And get a initial flash.
But when I want to configure it by selecting a scene I'm getting the same error
Also when going out of the settings I don't see the IP number anymore.
But I do get the initial flash when exiting the config page.

https://paste.kodi.tv/eliguwageq.kodi
Managed to pick up a used V2 hub locally, works perfectly now!

Thanks so much for the quick update! I have a movie night planned, and i really wanted the lights to work :p

Features between the V1 and V2 have been separated for a while now, noticed it a couple of times.
(2019-07-16, 23:03)TRaSH Wrote: Just updated it,
And it seems I can connect.
And get a initial flash.
But when I want to configure it by selecting a scene I'm getting the same error
Also when going out of the settings I don't see the IP number anymore.
But I do get the initial flash when exiting the config page.

https://paste.kodi.tv/eliguwageq.kodi
It looks like none of the features that require scenes will work with the round V1 round bridge. I can add an error message or something to make it clearer but turns out you'll need to update to the square bridge after all for the playback actions to work
Thnx anyway for trying.
Would it be possible to add a minium length requirement on playback start? For example, when i start a sitcom, i dont necessarily want the lights to turn off, but when i start a movie (or a long tv episode) then i do want them to turn off.

Anyway, been toying around with it for a while, works great! great job Smile
That's an interesting idea, I'll look into it in the future. I had seen that option in the old plugins but didn't really understand what it was for. For now I want to work on reliability and bug fixing but once it's more solid I'll look into that
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips Hue Service & Ambilight0