• 95(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2019-08-01, 01:11)A600 Wrote:
(2019-08-01, 00:16)Wagg Wrote: I just updated my Shield to 8.0.0 (Pie) and (of course) the Netflix addon stopped working- this is on a fresh Kodi Leia nightly install.

Same problem here. 
and for me..
"Same problem here."
(2019-08-01, 04:13)b'sketti Wrote:
(2019-07-31, 07:32)Dumyat Wrote: To be clear, when I export an item, it does get scrapped and added to my library, but as I said it seems to be missing the genre, ratings and clearlogo. Even scanning the folder afterwards for new content makes no difference. It looks like the metadata is coming direct from Netflix, but minus the above extras. The only way I found to get that info, is to do a manual refresh of each item after it's been exported and re-scrape it.

Maybe  (I don't know because I don't use this option) you have ticked the 'Enable NFO files export' option under the 'Library' section in the addon settings.  I assume this creates a .nfo file for each exported item (filled with data from Netflix) which is probably scraped by default on that first automatic library update after you export something.  That would also explain why you get what you want after a manual refresh, as that would be scraping TMDb or TheTVDB (or whatever you have set).  
yup, its been confirmed on github that the nfo it grabs from netflix doesnt pull everything (it doesnt pull genre).

Where it IS useful however is for things like Money Heist, Terrace House, where the netflix season order is totally different to that on TVDB etc, so it means you can populate proper meta data as opposed to tvdb saying "nah, dunno what that is"

Personally i am selective of what nfo's i grab. if its a regular show with seasons that marry with tvdb i dont pull the nfo, but if its something weird i do

from github on the genre thing
Quote:Episodes names are those as seen in NF and exported as is. Remember the NFO will have priority over online data (unless it was scanned before exporting the NFO then it remembers the data unless you refresh the episode)

Genres and cast can't be retreived with that method, it would overload the servers too much in some case so we choose not to add it.

About the release date, we only have the year, and it seems it's not sufficient for Kodi. If someone have an idea, please share.

The NFO feature goal is not to get all the information a scrapper could retreive, but to ensure all episodes are detected by the library and can be played.
I guess that confirms the Netflix add on no longer works with the latest 8.0.0 update of the Nvidia Shield.

Being that the Shield is probably the top platform for Kodi I'm hoping this gets fixed relatively quickly.
Hi,
I have Netflix premium, 4k TV and Shield.
I can only get 4K stream if I choose it manually. Is this the only way?
with "Auto" I only get 1080p on 4K titles.

Also, if I choose 4K manually, it disable subtitles completely and there is no option to bring it back.
Is there anyway to stream h265? h264 1080p is killing my rpi 4
(2019-08-03, 21:43)shizla Wrote: Is there anyway to stream h265? h264 1080p is killing my rpi 4
Do you have “Enable HEVC Profiles...” enabled?

That should give you h.265.
(2019-08-03, 21:35)orenmi Wrote: Hi,

Also, if I choose 4K manually, it disable subtitles completely and there is no option to bring it back.

I asked this a week or so ago. No one answered so i'm assuming there's no way to get it to work properly. I'm surprised its not a hot topic though becuase its a deal breaker for me and I would imagine anyone else with the same setup.
(2019-08-04, 04:21)GenesisDH Wrote:
(2019-08-03, 21:43)shizla Wrote: Is there anyway to stream h265? h264 1080p is killing my rpi 4
Do you have “Enable HEVC Profiles...” enabled?

That should give you h.265. 

Yes, sir. It is enabled. Maybe i should re install addon.
(2019-08-04, 04:54)jadel Wrote:

I asked this a week or so ago. No one answered so i'm assuming there's no way to get it to work properly. I'm surprised its not a hot topic though becuase its a deal breaker for me and I would imagine anyone else with the same setup.
When it worked (it won’t after updating to 8.0.0) you needed to set Stream selection to Auto, and turn on override HDCP status and ignore display resolution in the inputstream adaptive settings.
Same here. Constant loading since V. 8 release (android pie)

Any ideas anyone?
Netflix Add-on Settings

VP9 is Slightly less using CPU

H264

YouTube is working fine
(2019-08-04, 11:11)Wagg Wrote:
(2019-08-04, 04:54)jadel Wrote:

When it worked (it won’t after updating to 8.0.0) you needed to set Stream selection to Auto, and turn on override HDCP status and ignore display resolution in the inputstream adaptive settings. 
thanks, working fine Smile
Hello,
I am using LibreELEC 9.1.002/Kodi 18.3 on Asus EB1501.
I installed Netflix Add-on, login and browse all contents. But when I try to play any content, I got OSerror message.

Anyone help?
Thanks
(2019-08-04, 20:30)beardie79 Wrote: Same here. Constant loading since V. 8 release (android pie)

Any ideas anyone?

Well just a couple of observations - Amazon video still works fine as far as I can tell, and Netflix will work if you change the stream selection to manual and select 480p (which is only useful as information of course).  I installed some of the forked of the Netflix project and played around with bitrate settings to no avail.
the whole shield thing should probably be raised as an issue on github

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...lix/issues
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14