• 31(current)
TvOS Kodi Build
You have to set the active developer directory to a Xcode instance. After install Xcode run sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app.
To point it at the developer directory it should be:

Code:
sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

At least that’s what I use.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
A big Thanks to all the devs that are working on tvOS Kodi. We really do appreciate your hard work and contribution for the whole community.
Hello!

I read on tvOS readme that there's the need to renew the signing certificate every week. I signed Koki 17.6 with a new generated tvOS Team Provisioning Profile and it expires in about 11 months. I have not renewed my developer subscription for a couple of years so I'm pretty sure my account si a free account.
Maybe, is there the need for Kodi 19 of a different type of signing certificate? 

Thx
(2019-09-12, 23:20)phunkyfish Wrote: To point it at the developer directory it should be:

Code:
sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

At least that’s what I use.

I already tried the command @Rechi pointed and it seems it goes further, but I get popup messages about "java" and "javac" command-line tool missing, i know JDK is an dependencies, but which one do you use, and is there a ".dmg" file to install, i see only "tar.gz" at oracle.  

thanks @Rechi and @phunkyfish
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/...72538.html

Java SE Development Kit 13

Ran up a vm this afternoon, builds ok against that.

To be honest, ive no idea why people are having any difficulties. With a fresh Mojave 10.14.6, Xcode 10.3 ran once to accept the Eula, Java installed.

Git clone https://github.com/fuzzard/xbmc
git checkout -b master_darwin-embedded-ATV origin/master_darwin-embedded-ATV
run bootstrap
Run configure
run make -j4 (for my machine) to build all dependencies
generate the xcode project
open xcode
build

Built clean with no issues.

For those having troubles, as long as your not running beta (either xcode or catalina), clear out /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends, do a git clean -xfd or make -C tools/depends distclean to clear out anything half done with dependencies, and start clean.
Do you not need to run configure?
(2019-09-17, 12:48)giannia Wrote: Hello!

I read on tvOS readme that there's the need to renew the signing certificate every week. I signed Koki 17.6 with a new generated tvOS Team Provisioning Profile and it expires in about 11 months. I have not renewed my developer subscription for a couple of years so I'm pretty sure my account si a free account.
Maybe, is there the need for Kodi 19 of a different type of signing certificate? 

Thx

The certs types are the same as prior Xcode versions. So free account (1 week) and paid developer account (1 year).

However, certs are supposed to change in the next Xcode. No one has tried these yet.
@Fuzzard 
well with the correct java jdk, I was able to build successfully to, sorry this is my first ever package build with Xcode or any tools with macOS.  Need to test install and functionality of the build, but that is another story.

Maybe to document that java jdk link instead the one in the wiki?
Code:
https://github.com/fuzzard/xbmc/blob/master_darwin-embedded-ATV/docs/README.tvOS.md#2-prerequisites
Honestly, I clicked on the link in the build doc, clicked on the download in the one at the top and it took me to the page I linked. I dont see a point in changing the doc, as then We would need to update anytime a jdk update came through
Generally users who would build kodi as opposed to use a prebuilt deb would know how to get a java SDK. Not much point in changing the docs in the meantime.
It compiled with no issues on my Mac. Mojave 10.14.6, Xcode version previous 11.0, jdk 13.

On the few videos I tested, hardware video codecs were used correctly and multichannel audio correctly played on my avr. Like 17.6, there's the need to specify the maximum number of channels available and keep the audio passthrough option disabled.
I tested also the tvheadend pvr client and it partially works. Video surface is only visible when software video codecs are used. Using hardware video codec, video surface is not visible and you  can hear only audio. I cannot test if this issue is only limited to tvheadend or it is present all pvr plugins.
(2019-09-21, 18:40)giannia Wrote: It compiled with no issues on my Mac. Mojave 10.14.6, Xcode version previous 11.0, jdk 13.

On the few videos I tested, hardware video codecs were used correctly and multichannel audio correctly played on my avr. Like 17.6, there's the need to specify the maximum number of channels available and keep the audio passthrough option disabled.
I tested also the tvheadend pvr client and it partially works. Video surface is only visible when software video codecs are used. Using hardware video codec, video surface is not visible and you  can hear only audio. I cannot test if this issue is only limited to tvheadend or it is present all pvr plugins.
4K HDR works?
No it wont
(2019-09-22, 23:05)DAMM72 Wrote:
(2019-09-21, 18:40)giannia Wrote: It compiled with no issues on my Mac. Mojave 10.14.6, Xcode version previous 11.0, jdk 13.

4K HDR works? 

Sorry, I don't know. I have a Full HD panel.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvOS Kodi Build3