• 31(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
(2019-09-22, 16:24)allanp81 Wrote:
(2019-09-22, 10:44)nayef Wrote: audio passthrough not work in v2.7

Seemed to work fine for me on my AMD card. If you are running Kodi portable then make sure it's enabled as it was off by default. 

i have nvidia 1080ti @& not work 
and try last build kodi & not work
(2019-09-23, 03:51)nayef Wrote:
(2019-09-22, 10:44)nayef Wrote: audio passthrough not work in v2.7

Seemed to work fine for me on my AMD card. If you are running Kodi portable then make sure it's enabled as it was off by default. 

i have nvidia 1080ti @& not work 

I really don't know what is going on with your system.
"It just don't work" it's the bare minimum feedback someone can give.

I have a 1080Ti and a 1060 and both work just fine.
Plenty of users here have reported success with Nvidia since the early days of version 2.2 I believe.

I have compiled a special build just to help people like you since it will give me through the debug log information that "not working" lacks, like the vendorID of your gpu.

So if you, please, take a little of your time, activate debug log level 2 as explained in the wiki, try to play a hdr video using DXVA renderer and report back with your log so I can take a look and MAYBE I'm able to fix your problem.

Still at this stage of development I would bet it's something on your setup that is preventing hdr to be triggered.

Anyone else with Nvidia hardware is having any kind of trouble with 2.7?

To be honest I think it's time to try to fix common problems, I mean, problems that plague several systems. If a problem is exclusive to one individual it's not worth the amount of development that could be directed to something more productive.
(2019-09-23, 04:09)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 03:51)nayef Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 04:51)nayef Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 04:09)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 03:51)nayef Wrote: i have nvidia 1080ti @& not work 

I really don't know what is going on with your system.

Plenty of users here have reported success with Nvidia since the early days of version 2.2 I believe.

I have compiled a special build just to help people like you since it will give me through the debug log information that "not working" lacks, like the vendorID of your gpu.

So if you, please, take a little of your time, activate debug log level 2 as explained in the wiki, try to play a hdr video using DXVA renderer and report back with your log so I can take a look and MAYBE I'm able to fix your problem.

Still at this stage of development I would bet it's something on your setup that is preventing hdr to be triggered.

To be honest I think it's time to try to fix common problems, I mean, problems that plague several systems. If a problem is exclusive to one individual it's not worth the amount of development that could be directed to something more productive. 
i mean this: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2887253
audio passthrough in v2.7
can you fix ?

Stop asking silly questions without providing a log. You were told repeatedly to back up your claims.

Audio passthrough has been working perfectly since v1. It is 100% your setup.
(2019-09-23, 05:05)Cinephile Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 04:09)fandangos Wrote: I really don't know what is going on with your system.

can you fix ? 

Stop asking silly questions without providing a log. You were told repeatedly to back up your claims.

Audio passthrough works perfectly fine.  Select your audio device, choose WASAPI: choose device here, don't use default.  then go through and select which sound formats your tv/avr can do.  this is all under system (i believe, doing this from memory)
here log : https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/XQt1tGxr/file.html
(2019-09-23, 05:05)Cinephile Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 04:09)fandangos Wrote: I really don't know what is going on with your system.

can you fix ? 

Sorry for the inconvenience !
Maybe it's the error of the settings, I'll make sure the settings again
Thanks for this - working great! Question: I know you explained earlier in the thread why you're doing this for Matrix, but would it be possible to do it for Krypton and/or Leia or provide instructions so I could compile myself for my preferred Kodi version? My usual skins and some plugins are kinda buggy with Matrix and I'd rather use with Krypton (yeah I know - 2 versions old! Smile where my skin and all plugins are working if possible. Thanks.
(2019-09-23, 12:53)mobamoba Wrote: Thanks for this - working great! Question: I know you explained earlier in the thread why you're doing this for Matrix, but would it be possible to do it for Krypton and/or Leia or provide instructions so I could compile myself for my preferred Kodi version? My usual skins and some plugins are kinda buggy with Matrix and I'd rather use with Krypton (yeah I know - 2 versions old! Smile where my skin and all plugins are working if possible. Thanks.

Not possible for either, he tried compiling for leia and it would not work, matrix has code changes that allows this to work
So a few pages back there was mention that none of this functionality will make it in Matrix final. Is that the case as this seems to work perfectly in my opinion.
(2019-09-23, 00:58)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 00:37)grandmastashi Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 00:08)orby Wrote: I bought a fanless gt 1030 for £77 and has been working great 

Thanks for the recommendation! 

Here's the link to my log file @fandangos Tap here

1. What windows are you using Windows 10 Pro
2. if you are using some fancy unecessary and expensive hdmi cable (the more expensive the cable more likely it won't work) No
3. if you are using some uncessary adapter like dp->hdmi->dvi->vga or some really weird situation like that --- just don't. No
4. if you are not using a HDR TV, please check that your TV does support HDR, not every 4k tv supports HDR in other words, if it's a Plasma or a CRT this would not work. LG 4k HDR
5. Report the video driver version. AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 19.9.2
6. Report the windows version. Windows 10 10.0.17763
7. Check if you have enabled high handwidth mode on the input you are using. Unsure on how to check this. 
8. Check if you hdmi splitter or adapter supports hdmi 2.0 with 18gbp/s. Direct cable from pc to tv 

I need log level 2.

Create advanced settings xml file with this information:

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>2</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

How to do it here:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

You will see a line like this "Report this to Fandangos" followed by a number. 

Apologies I just followed the instructions in your post on page 29. I'll redo the log again tonight.
(2019-09-23, 14:25)allanp81 Wrote: So a few pages back there was mention that none of this functionality will make it in Matrix final. Is that the case as this seems to work perfectly in my opinion.

Yup as the dev’s will only implement HDR when there is one api for all, which is down to Microsoft
(2019-09-23, 15:15)orby Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 14:25)allanp81 Wrote: So a few pages back there was mention that none of this functionality will make it in Matrix final. Is that the case as this seems to work perfectly in my opinion.

Yup as the dev’s will only implement HDR when there is one api for all, which is down to Microsoft    
Honest question: is this what happens for other OSes? Thinking about Android, mainly (maybe Linux too). There's just a single API that's catered for? No differences for different chipsets? It's all handled correctly at the OS level?

Edit: the reason I ask is that as long as this was Nvidia only I would have understood the choice of not including it. With both Nvidia and ATI catered for, while I know that there are many Intel GPUs out there, it seems much more inclusive to me. And having Leia with no "real" HDR in Windows would be pretty bad, overall. It could risk putting Kodi in the "minor league" on Windows. Which is something that I'd hate to see happen.

Edit 2: Throughout the above text when I wrote Leia I meant Matrix. The upcoming release, not the current release (Leia).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Clearing a few things:

Why no hdr passthrough on Leia?
Because hdr passthrough requires 4 different metadata: maxFALL, maxCLL, minimum mastered light and Max mastered light.
Those are stripped from video metadata by FFmpeg and exposed in a buffer named picture.

This isn't present on Leia so I can't pass this metadata to the driver and so no hdr pass through.

I'm sorry some of your add-ons don't work with Matrix but the world moves forward not backwards. Go talk to the dev of the old add-on and see if he feels like updating it.

Why a single API on Android/Linux and not on windows?

Windows started the 4k era so deep in drm shit, sgx, dhcp, the need for the correct iGPU.. so much stuff.. only powerdvd where capable of doing it.
Time goes by this is still present. The Intel API is buried under all this.
We can't toggle that windows OS hdr with any kind of function call.

In Linux and android you have people that actually understand what is going on and can freely work on different kernels.
As far as I know a single API is ready for Linux and now Nvidia AMD and Intel just have to adapt to it. Not the other way around like we are doing here.
(2019-09-23, 15:42)ashlar Wrote: Edit: the reason I ask is that as long as thisAnd having Leia with no "real" HDR in Windows would be pretty bad, overall. It could risk putting Kodi in the "minor league" on Windows. Which is something that I'd hate to see happen.

I agree windows is being left behind, but with this build I see no reason now to upgrade for a long time, my skin works, and I can add my rips and tv shows which is all I need for my use, I sold 2 intel nuc’s Bought 2 1030 GT cards and upgraded old rigs I had, one is a gen4 intel and runs flawless as the 1030 does all the work for me and runs quieter than the nuc

All I would add to a wish list is some libbluray loving for chapters etc and maybe a ffmpeg that handles all movies flawless but the 5 I found that have problems I can live with as playing without menu’s fixes those
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9