• 110(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2019-10-02, 04:53)GenesisDH Wrote:
(2019-10-02, 02:35)Betuel Wrote: Today my shield updated to 8.0.1, previously i had the "Failed validation key exchange" error but now is fixed with this update, the only video streams available were those up to 720p with HEVC and 1080p with VP9 profile but after manual Netflix ESN came all 1080p to 4K streams. But the plugin can not play 4K streams.(black screen)
I just received the update and will be updating shortly to confirm playback of 720p and above streams.
If you have gotten 720p/1080p videos to play since updating, that would indicate that the Widevine part of the issue is fixed (getting L1 certification rather than L3). Now we would be like some others, using non-Shield devices, that have strictly 4K playback issues. That might be fixable by the add on developers. I would send new logs to the GitHub repos. 

The streams of 1080p and up show up with manual esn as a selection but not able to play them. Max I can play is 720p streams. The rest give a black screen.
Is it to be expected that the add on is really slow? Every time I select something it feels like 30-40 second of the spinning circle to get to the next screen. I just gave up a few times because it felt like it was never going to work. This is on 15.3 with the Odroid N2.
(2019-10-02, 23:27)lightsout Wrote: Is it to be expected that the add on is really slow? Every time I select something it feels like 30-40 second of the spinning circle to get to the next screen. I just gave up a few times because it felt like it was never going to work. This is on 15.3 with the Odroid N2.

It maybe something with your installation/settings, or maybe a network problem, since on my Odroid N2 (on CoreElec/Kodi 18.4 - NF addon 15.3) spinning wheel is off in a couple of seconds when changing screens or starting to play a stream.
(2019-10-02, 23:27)lightsout Wrote: Is it to be expected that the add on is really slow? Every time I select something it feels like 30-40 second of the spinning circle to get to the next screen. I just gave up a few times because it felt like it was never going to work. This is on 15.3 with the Odroid N2.
No thats not expected at all, but that is a very under-powered device as well. My Nvidia Shield takes about a second to change screens.
(2019-10-03, 09:52)docwra Wrote:
No thats not expected at all, but that is a very under-powered device as well. My Nvidia Shield takes about a second to change screens.

LOL - You must have the N2 mixed up with something else. It's anything but "very under-powered" - eg. Geekbench scores - > N2 vs Shield (click)

Everything else works nice and snappy and honestly I think I have seen this on our devices. It's always really slow for me. I'll test out on my Windows machine also later.

Anyone got any ideas on things I can try? Just updated the add on and adaptive input streams.

My network is fine (100mb) and standard Netflix on my Shield or any other app works great.
(2019-10-03, 15:57)lightsout Wrote: Anyone got any ideas on things I can try? Just updated the add on and adaptive input streams.

Is this behavior in Android or in CoreElec ?
Which are your OS versions and inputstram.adaptive, script.module.inputstreamhelper and libwidevine.so versions ?
(2019-10-03, 18:13)Sholander Wrote:
(2019-10-03, 15:57)lightsout Wrote: Anyone got any ideas on things I can try? Just updated the add on and adaptive input streams.

Which are your OS versions and inputstram.adaptive, script.module.inputstreamhelper and libwidevine.so versions ? 
This is in coreelec. 9.2 with the 9-29 nightly. I recently (two days ago) updated all add ons. But I am away from home to give the exact numbers.

How do I find out the widevine version?
(2019-10-03, 19:58)lightsout Wrote:
(2019-10-03, 18:13)Sholander Wrote:

This is in coreelec. 9.2 with the 9-29 nightly. I recently (two days ago) updated all add ons. But I am away from home to give the exact numbers.

How do I find out the widevine version?  

I look it up in "InputStream Helper information

Or, open the file with any text viewer and search for "4.10.1303" string (old version) or "4.10.1440" (new version). Netflix works with both versions, but much better with the old one.
(2019-09-29, 22:43)Sholander Wrote: download this version (libwidevinecdm.so_4.10.1303.0-linux-armv7) and copy it to the same folder
I appreciate the thought, but I prefer not to download binaries in that fashion. I'll wait, and hope a new version fixes it I guess. It would be nice if the upgrade process kept at least one version backed up so that incidents like this wouldn't come about, but ah well.
New version of what, Widevine ? This time new version broke NF performance, so no fix there. Usually Widevine gets a fresh version about every 6 moths and present version is from June, so I don't think that anything will change before year's end...
NF is the only imputstram.adaptive addon that works with previous and latest libvidevine.so versions. All other work only with the latest one.

Btw, Widevine updates through "inputstream.helper" keeps the present libwidevinecdm.so renaming it to libwidevinecdm.so.old in the same folder.
Hi @lightsout  & @docwra 

I also had performance issues. Even pressing back would take about 5-10 seconds. Getting back to the home screen from a subcategory was pretty annoying, but I was able to improve it a lot.

Try uninstalling the add-on and make sure you select delete add-on data, then reinstall the latest version from the repo. Or just delete plugin.video.netflix in userdata\addon_data 

I checked out the debug logs and had a lot of errors about settings definitions not being found. I had installed an older version of this add-on before finding the repo. Although I have been using the latest version from the repo, I think there was probably some junk left over in the addon_data folder. Deleting the addon data and reconfiguring fixed the issue. Now it appears to be using a cache instead of reloading every menu option like it was doing before. 

I'm guessing there was an old cache or other artifacts from the previous version preventing the caching in the most recent version from working properly. Some menu options seem to reload each time though ("My list"), but it's still much faster than before.
I have same experience on Vorke Z6.Pressing back when on movie,takes 5+ seconds.Sometimes also movie takes 30 seconds to load and almost everytime I have to manually enable subs.They are disabled by their own even when watching next episode.I also pressed multiple times set as default for all options.
Netflix stopped working on my LibreELEC RPi3 a couple of weeks ago.

ERROR: [plugin.video.netflix (0)] Mastertoken has expired

Is this still the latest repo? https://github.com/castagnait/repository...-1.0.0.zip

Any idea when it will be working again?
Hi!
Maybe this question has been answered before, but I have not been able to find an answer.

How to change profile if you have automatic login turned on?

I have two profiles, my own and one for the kids. If I do not have the automatic login set
up, I often need to fill in my credentials when I start the plugin which is quite
cumbersome. But I need to get access to both profiles somehow.

Cheers Marcus
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14