v17 I just want to display the film age rating in the Estuary Skin
Good evening peeps, I have always used Kodi for my media needs, and up until recently I was able to separate the films into our films and then Kids films. As my boy has got older he now is interested in the older films but have told him that if they are a 12 he can watch them. 

I want to display the UK age rating for the film either on the cover as an icon or at the bottom on several of the viewtypes. I have searched for what seems like ages and I can only really find skin suggestions or the skin hasn't been updated past v14 or v15. not bothered about anything else just want the ratings displayed.

Thank you
Others will need to help you with your exact question, but thinking out loud, what about a Smart Playlist that only shows movies that have ratings up to a certain level. In this case, show all movies upto and including a PG Rating (Australian rating)...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Was hoping for the rating to be displayed on the corner of the cover of all of them if possible. But thank you I’ll have a go
@madmiddle 
You might want to consider the Aeon Nox skin in the official Kodi repository for getting the information you are wanting to see. Below is the 'Showcase' view and clearly shows the UK Parental Rating for each movie in the bottom righthand corner:-

Whilst the above is using the Kodi 18 version of this skin and you appear to be using Kodi 17, I'm pretty sure the viewtypes are pretty much the same. The are a number of different viewtypes that also include the parental ratings on this particular skin.

If you are looking specifically for a version of the Estuary skin with this info, I'm currently working on a Estuary Mod for Kodi 18. Whilst most of the changes I've included are aimed at the Live TV section, I also plan to add these 3 viewtypes from a previous Estuary Mod from another user which is now dead/redundant. I have updated these to include the parental rating:-

ImageImage

And of course creating a Smart Playlist as described by Karellen is certainly another good option, as that would be very specific on what movies titles are displayed to your son when using Kodi.
Hope this helps in some way....
(2018-12-22, 20:39)Dumyat Wrote: @madmiddle 
You might want to consider the Aeon Nox skin in the official Kodi repository for getting the information you are wanting to see. Below is the 'Showcase' view and clearly shows the UK Parental Rating for each movie in the bottom righthand corner:-

Whilst the above is using the Kodi 18 version of this skin and you appear to be using Kodi 17, I'm pretty sure the viewtypes are pretty much the same. The are a number of different viewtypes that also include the parental ratings on this particular skin.
That’s awesome but was hoping for all the information shown in the Estuary skin with the addition of the BBFC cert.

(2018-12-22, 20:39)Dumyat Wrote: If you are looking specifically for a version of the Estuary skin with this info, I'm currently working on a Estuary Mod for Kodi 18. Whilst most of the changes I've included are aimed at the Live TV section, I also plan to add these 3 viewtypes from a previous Estuary Mod from another user which is now dead/redundant. I have updated these to include the parental rating:-

ImageImage

And of course creating a Smart Playlist as described by Karellen is certainly another good option, as that would be very specific on what movies titles are displayed to your son when using Kodi.
Hope this helps in some way....

That looks like exactly what I want. All the info plus the age rating perfect.

I tried to create a playlist through the node editor but not entirely sure that’s the right way to do it. Going to do some more digging tonight.

Do you have a post detailing what you have done so far or a post I can save to keep an eye on for release of Mod ?
(2018-12-22, 22:59)madmiddle Wrote: I tried to create a playlist through the node editor but not entirely sure that’s the right way to do it.
Main Menu>Videos>Playlists>New Smart Playlist
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-12-22, 23:51)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-12-22, 22:59)madmiddle Wrote: I tried to create a playlist through the node editor but not entirely sure that’s the right way to do it.
Main Menu>Videos>Playlists>New Smart Playlist

Cheers fella
If you press the 'Up' button on your remote while you are in the Showcase view for Aeon Nox, it will open up the sideblade settings on the Lefthand side of the screen. There is option to switch on the Info panel as well......Tada:-

You can follow the progress on my Estuary Mod here:-

335735 (thread)
one way would be with a top icon Library Node
so to set this up
\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video\movies

create folder
Rating

create filed
index.xml

paste

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="5 B" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
 <label>Rating</label>
 <icon></icon>
 </node>

save file

create rating file start at first age gap

PG.xml

<node order="0" type="filter"> 
 <icon>defaultaddonssearch.png</icon>
<label>Rated PG</label>
<name>Rated PG</name>
 <content>movies</content> 
<match>one</match>

<rule field="mpaarating" operator="is">
        <value>Rated PG</value>

</rule> 
</node>

save to file

PG-13.xml
<node order="1" type="filter"> 
<label>Rated PG-13</label>
<name>Rated PG-13</name>
<match>one</match>

<value>Rated PG-13</value>

</rule> 
</node>

each rating will need a order number  <node order="1" type="filter">
there is limed ratings under this with some having wrong or no rating

In September 1990, the MPAA introduced the rating "NC-17" ("No Children Under 17 Admitted"). ... Rated PG-13: Parents Strongly Cautioned – some material may be inappropriate for children under 13. Rated R: Restricted – under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.

NC-17 – Adults Only
also NR
just looking this would be one way to set up movies for kids with there name so they could go to there movies only

\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video\movies\kids name
and all the movies the kid can watch

say 8 years you would use G
G.xml

< ?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> 
< node order="0" type="filter"> 
< label>Rated G</label>
< name>Rated G</name>
< match>one</match>

<value>Rated G</value>

< /rule>
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2756421
Not too sure if that helps, but at least the mpaa rating is available as an info label:

ListItem.Mpaa    -    Show the MPAA rating of the currently selected movie in a container

https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#ListItem
I pretty much made this exact mod:

https://imgur.com/a/gI75hGb

Only thing was I found that the TV ratings didn't align correctly in one of the view types. I needed to figure out a way of positioning TV certifications in slightly different locations to movie ratings...

Problem is, I found LibreElec 9.0.1-Leia looks awful on my ODroid C2 (trails and a green tinge to everything) and it crashes whenever I switch profiles between adults and kids. I've just flattened it and gone back to LibreElec 8.2.5-Krypton so it's doubtful I'll be able to finish it off for Leia until they fix the problems.

Edit: Actually... I've just installed Kodi 17.6 on my laptop and, even though it complained that the skin was incompatible and disabled it, I just re-enabled it in the addons section, and it's very nearly working. I think it just needs the List, Wide List and Fan Art views correcting as they're doing a weird thing with the title and date when scrolling through them.

I also have a week off work next week with nothing planned so I may take another look at it. If I can work out how to get it changing the layouts based on the Kodi version that's installed, and also change the position of the logos based on type, I should be able to get it working.

Edit 2: I've changed from LibreElec 9.0.1 to CoreElec 9.0.1 and video is looking perfect again. No audio sync issues either. It's still crashing when switching profiles, but instead of rebooting, it just sorta hangs for 20s then re-syncs with the TV. I can live with that.

Can pretty much pick up from where I left off on this mod now, so just some finishing touches needed, rather than a huge rework.
(2018-12-27, 12:04)DaVu Wrote: Not too sure if that helps, but at least the mpaa rating is available as an info label:

ListItem.Mpaa    -    Show the MPAA rating of the currently selected movie in a container

Hi, sorry for the noob question.

I've got Kodi Leia 18.4 build on my PC. I've successfully imported all my bluray and dvd rips, including renaming so the scraper pick up the right info!

I'd really like to show the age ratings on the films as above - handy when browsing for films to watch with the kids!

Where do you change/edit the code to include the listItem.Mpaa?

thanks in advance

Dan
(2019-11-23, 20:26)danru78 Wrote:
(2018-12-27, 12:04)DaVu Wrote: Not too sure if that helps, but at least the mpaa rating is available as an info label:

Hi, sorry for the noob question.

I've got Kodi Leia 18.4 build on my PC. I've successfully imported all my bluray and dvd rips, including renaming so the scraper pick up the right info!

I'd really like to show the age ratings on the films as above - handy when browsing for films to watch with the kids!

Where do you change/edit the code to include the listItem.Mpaa?

thanks in advance

Dan

I made a mod for the Esturary skin that does what you want:

https://github.com/boredazfcuk/skin.estuary

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I just want to display the film age rating in the Estuary Skin0