• 131(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
I use Estuary MOD as my skin, as it allows me to customise my main menu. I created an entry for Netflix and added widgets for the personal list of two users in my account, but they both list show the same content; apparently the last one that I add overwrites the first one. I'm not familiar with how these lists are created/refreshed, but let me know if there's any additional info I can provide you with (logs or other) or if there's a specific area in the code that I could help look into.
(2019-12-24, 20:30)mikenewland101 Wrote:
(2019-12-18, 20:34)mikenewland101 Wrote: I just installed Netflix add-on 0.16.1 to Kodi 18.5 on Mi S box with android Pie beta 3. Everything work fine except I can't  get Dolby Digital 5.1 through the receiver. If I play stand alone Netflix and Amazon Prime apps, Dolby Digital 5.1 worked fine.

Audio output through S/pdif on Mi S box Pie beta 3. 

Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated

Anyone?
TIA        

I had the same problem, until I saw that I forgot to enable "Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding".
My settings according to the photos.

Hi there , i dont understand if Netflix addon is working with Kodi 19 . I mean , with Kodi 19 starting from october version the addon didnt work here and background service didnt start.
If the plugin is not ready for latest Kodi 19 version im sorry for the question , but if not there's someone that could explain me how to make it working please ?
Thanks a lot !!!
(2020-01-02, 16:41)Pisdu Wrote: Hi there , i dont understand if Netflix addon is working with Kodi 19 . I mean , with Kodi 19 starting from october version the addon didnt work here and background service didnt start.
If the plugin is not ready for latest Kodi 19 version im sorry for the question , but if not there's someone that could explain me how to make it working please ?
Thanks a lot !!!

Kodi 19 is in ALPHA version, should be used only for development and test purpose

Users who want to use it for daily use, can do so at their own risk.

I do not offer any support for problems with Kodi 19,
when Kodi 19 will evolves into BETA, we can talk about it.
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2019-12-28, 09:36)dt4285 Wrote: I have a problem running Netflix on Beelink GT1 Mini - 2 Android 9.0 TV Box Amlogic S905X3 Media Player with Kodi. I could install the Netlix addon on Kodi without errors, but it doesn't open the stream from the Netflix server. The log file is attached
https://paste.kodi.tv/nonimukisu.kodi

Your log contains the same error of other users,
a possible fix is in progress
you can follow here: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...issues/403
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2020-01-02, 19:22)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-01-02, 16:41)Pisdu Wrote: Hi there , i dont understand if Netflix addon is working with Kodi 19 . I mean , with Kodi 19 starting from october version the addon didnt work here and background service didnt start.
Thanks a lot !!!

Kodi 19 is in ALPHA version, should be used only for development and test purpose

Users who want to use it for daily use, can do so at their own risk.

I do not offer any support for problems with Kodi 19,
when Kodi 19 will evolves into BETA, we can talk about it.
Fully understand , no problems , just saw about phython 3 in branch master , that's why i asked 
Thanks !
(2018-03-08, 11:33)docwra Wrote: I couldn't find a thread for the latest Netflix Input Stream based Add-on and google just shows up piracy links, so I thought it was about time we had a thread about it so people with paid subscriptions can use netflix inside Kodi.

This is not my Add-on, but seems like a good community effort. This is also not an "official Add-on" by the Kodi team. It has been built by 3rd parties.

If you are posting about a problem, provide a LOG FILE!! https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
The trademark "Netflix" is registered by "Netflix, Inc."

Requirements
- A paid Netflix subscription
- Latest Kodi v18
- Inputstream Add-on (included with the nightlies but may be disabled by default)

Source
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

Repository Install (Auto update to Main Build Releases)
https://github.com/castagnait/repository...-1.0.0.zip
Download this repository zip and install manually using "install from zip" in Kodi Add-on section.

Instructions
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...-the-addon

Adding Netflix items to your library
1) When you find a movie or Tv show you want to add to your Kodi library, press 'C' to enable the context menu, then select the 'export to library' option.
2) By default, the Netflix addon exports items to the following path on Windows and will create separate folders at this location for movies and Tv shows:-
C:\Users\My Pc's Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflix (You can obviously choose a different path if you prefer).
3) Create a new Video path for your Netflix Movie and Tv shows folders by clicking on 'Videos' on your main home menu, then 'Files', then 'Add Videos'
5) Navigate and select the path of your Netflix Movie and TV show folders, as detailed in step 2
6) Once your path has been added, highlight it, then press 'C' to enable the context menu and select the 'Scan For New Content' option. Once done, your Netflix items will now appear in your Kodi library....

NOTE ON DELETING ITEMS: What needs to be noted is that whether we have a Netflix source (containing .strm files pointing to a Netflix movie/tv show) or a local HDD source (containing video in mkvs, mp4s or other files), they are treated the same way by Kodi. That is, when we remove a library entry, it is only removed from your database. The actual movie or stream files still exist and are never removed from your file system, so every time you scan your library they come back...The correct way to permanently remove a movie or tv show from Kodi is to highlight the item within Kodi and select manage from the context menu then select remove from library (or such). Finally by using the os, or Kodi file manager under system, navigate to the source location where Netflix exports too and delete the .strm files and directeory for the show you’ve removed from the library...

Video Instructions Thx nate!
Testing feedback on resolutions (thx @wrxtasy)
Android Kodi Leia devices with baked in L1 DRM can HW decode 1080 / 2160p Netflix.
(except Android - Mecool devices - L1 DRM or HDCP - appears to be blacklisted).
Netflix servers stream 1080p reliably as well.
Linux / LibreELEC / CoreELEC - Kodi Leia -->> AMLogic devices, and RPi I believe are limited to SW decoding 720p Netflix max.
Rockchip RK3399 and recent Intel / AMD devices will be able to SW decode 1080p Netflix.
However - yes- for some reason you can sometimes only get 960x540p streams from the Netflix servers. Seems unreliably with movies. 

Settings for foriegn audio defaults
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2796326

i keep getting a background service error and i dont know why here is he log

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named Cryptodome.Random
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/service.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.run_service import run
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/run_service.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                class NetflixService(object):
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/run_service.py", line 30, in NetflixService
                                                from resources.lib.services.msl.http_server import MSLTCPServer
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/http_server.py", line 30, in <module>
                                                from .msl_handler import MSLHandler
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/msl_handler.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                from .request_builder import MSLRequestBuilder
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/request_builder.py", line 31, in <module>
                                                from .default_crypto import DefaultMSLCrypto as MSLCrypto
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/default_crypto.py", line 23, in <module>
                                                from Cryptodome.Random import get_random_bytes
                                            ImportError: No module named Cryptodome.Random
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2019-12-31, 21:56)Oggo87 Wrote: I use Estuary MOD as my skin, as it allows me to customise my main menu. I created an entry for Netflix and added widgets for the personal list of two users in my account, but they both list show the same content; apparently the last one that I add overwrites the first one. I'm not familiar with how these lists are created/refreshed, but let me know if there's any additional info I can provide you with (logs or other) or if there's a specific area in the code that I could help look into.
I did some digging and, as expected, Estuary MOD V2 points exactly at the same URL for both entries. Now, before I keep trying to bang my head against this, is it a Netflix limitation that allows access only to one user at a time? I see there's some "context" variables in the script that I haven't explored yet. Any input is appreciated.
Hi! with Shield TV in version 7.2.3 I dont want to Update to Pie I receive this msg

Widevine CryptoSession getKeyRequest failed

Many thanks
(2020-01-03, 18:41)Oggo87 Wrote:
(2019-12-31, 21:56)Oggo87 Wrote: I use Estuary MOD as my skin, as it allows me to customise my main menu. I created an entry for Netflix and added widgets for the personal list of two users in my account, but they both list show the same content; apparently the last one that I add overwrites the first one. I'm not familiar with how these lists are created/refreshed, but let me know if there's any additional info I can provide you with (logs or other) or if there's a specific area in the code that I could help look into.
I did some digging and, as expected, Estuary MOD V2 points exactly at the same URL for both entries. Now, before I keep trying to bang my head against this, is it a Netflix limitation that allows access only to one user at a time? I see there's some "context" variables in the script that I haven't explored yet. Any input is appreciated. 

you said it right, netflix addon support only one user profile at time
widgets are a monster difficult to manage, they do not properly handle addons that make use of services like this one
if they work for you, you're already lucky...
(2020-01-04, 12:02)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-01-03, 18:41)Oggo87 Wrote:

you said it right, netflix addon support only one user profile at time
widgets are a monster difficult to manage, they do not properly handle addons that make use of services like this one
if they work for you, you're already lucky...
Ok, thank you @CastagnaIT . And keep up the great work with this add-on!
I am running the Netflix addon v16.1 on Kodi 18.5 from play store on my Nvidia Shield Pro 2017 and I am not getting 4K, HDR or Atmos to work. I followed all the instructions on your readme on github but when I search for titles nothing shows up as 4K. If I try to play any title audio works though only PCM 2.0 but no video works at all. On the regular Netflix app 4K and HDR work fine. Am I missing something obvious that is making nothing work properly?
Hi,
I was away for two weeks, hadn't touched a thing and yesterday I got the "Request failed validation during key exchange" error on Kodi 18.5 and Nvidia Shield. This was resolved some time ago, wasn't it? Should I uninstall/install the Netflix addon? 

Log attached

Thank you!
(2020-01-07, 08:26)wolverine_13 Wrote: Hi,
I was away for two weeks, hadn't touched a thing and yesterday I got the "Request failed validation during key exchange" error on Kodi 18.5 and Nvidia Shield. This was resolved some time ago, wasn't it? Should I uninstall/install the Netflix addon? 

Log attached

Thank you!

Same problem here. I had an older version of the Netflix addon running on my old generic Chinesium Adroid OTA box and although I was limited to 720p because that box didn't have the right widevine certificates, it worked fine. Now I've installed the latest addon version on my new Firestick TV 4K, and every time I try to play a show I get the same "Request failed validation during key exchange" error. I get that message once on Kodi startup (before I launch any addons), and then again every time I try to play a Netflix stream. The FSTV4K is a Netflix certified device and the dedicated Netflix app on it does 4K no problem. Running Kodi 18.5.

Kodi log.
same here. started yesterday. 
"Request failed validation during key exchange" .....
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14