• 139(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2020-02-10, 16:49)corleone85 Wrote: Hi guys,

My TV is 4k and my plan is UHD. But in Kodi I only get 1080p. I've whitelisted all UHD resolutions, I have the correct Inputstream settings and plugin settings. Win 10 x64 and latest Kodi 19 x64 nightly.

Yes, it is as per design
To play Netflix 4K the device must support Widevine L1. Windows uses Chrome Desktop Widevine plugin and this is certified at L3 only, hence the software decoding on Windows for even 720p. 4K software decoding is not practical and hence you will never be able to play Netflix 4K on a windows machine with Kodi.
The current solution to play Netflix 4K inside Kodi would be to use a L1 certified Android TV device such as nVidia Shield TV
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
Hi, could someone tell me would it be possible with this is addon to bypass the 540p limit in netflix?
I have a Samsung tablet sm-t590 which only shows netflix in 540p due to netflix not whitelisting the tablet even though it could in paper support 1080p (it should have widevine L1 support).

I am guessing it is not possible but I was wondering if someone with more knowledge would be able to confirm this.

So far I have tinkered with all the settings seen in this thread without any luck.
(2020-02-20, 12:30)Guilles Wrote: Hi, could someone tell me would it be possible with this is addon to bypass the 540p limit in netflix?
I have a Samsung tablet sm-t590 which only shows netflix in 540p due to netflix not whitelisting the tablet even though it could in paper support 1080p (it should have widevine L1 support).

I am guessing it is not possible but I was wondering if someone with more knowledge would be able to confirm this.

So far I have tinkered with all the settings seen in this thread without any luck.

Probably the ESN of your Samsung sm-t590 is not being accepted, as is happening with my Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB). See more details on GitHub:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...issues/475
@Guilles
Many times auto generate ESN from add-on is L3 on tables/phones.
Check with DRM info if tablet support L1 if yes then ESN on Kodi add-on start with NFANDROID1-PRV-T-SAMSUSM- or manually set ESN like is on Netflix mobile application.
(2020-02-20, 20:36)pcristi Wrote: @Guilles
Many times auto generate ESN from add-on is L3 on tables/phones.
Check with DRM info if tablet support L1 if yes then ESN on Kodi add-on start with NFANDROID1-PRV-T-SAMSUSM- or manually set ESN like is on Netflix mobile application.

Drm info shows L1.
ESN seems to be: NFANDROID1-PRV-T-L3-SAMSUSM-T590-XXXX and then just stops, which doesn't seem quite right. And I just can't use the mobile app ESN cos it as well contains "L3".
not sure if its related to the addon specifically, but maybe some of you had it and can help:
I have samsung NU8000 and nvidia shield.
I noticed a serious light bleed when watching netflix with the addon.
If I watch the same thing on the netflix app its not noticable.
If I watch downloaded content with kodi its also not noticable.
Only netflix content via kodi its there.
I know there are no color settings inside kodi.
Anyone can think of a reason?
@Guilles, are you getting videos above 540 SD on your Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB)?

If so, do you have a Premium account or only up to 1080p?

(2020-02-21, 21:27)DoctorBR Wrote: @Guilles, are you getting videos above 540 SD on your Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB)?

If so, do you have a Premium account or only up to 1080p?

Mi box is good. 4K with the normal netflix app. Haven't tried netflix thru kodi with it in a long long time cos there is no need. I don't use the netflix app that much thru it either.
I have premium, if that is the 4K one called.
I am just trying to bypass the shenanigans with samsung and netflix not agreeing to whitelist T590 tablet, even though it supports L1.
Guilles
Remove -L3 doesn't need to be there.
Since Netflix added a setting to stop auto-trailers; I've gone back to the native app as it works a little more smoothly and watched status caries between devices. 
I'm still keeping my Netflix library in sync with Kodi for when Netflix introduce another stupid feature nobody wanted and I can jump back at any time.

Just want to say a quick, and BIG, thank you to the devs and enthusiasts answering questions.
(2020-02-19, 23:18)hlloyge Wrote:
(2020-02-17, 11:45)thomas.rehberg Wrote: Use the netflix test "fast.com" and see what the routes to Netflix support in the evening, in my case sometimes even less than 12Mbit/s on a 50Mbit/s subscription (which I actually running a claim on with my ISP).

The other lane of limitation is that, because of the DRM decrypting, you can only have SW decoding of the video. This can easily bring your CPU to the limits, in my case higher bitrates (>10Mbit/s) of a 1080p stream are stuttering on a J1900 cpu ... ...that has no problem with any 1080p material when HW decoding applies. 
Fast.com says I have 150 Mbps link, which is what I am paying. Also, CPU usage is 20% on J1900, so no problem there.
I am guessing that the cache is too small, as the video quality never drops to potato, as it should, if the speed is the problem... no? 
Hmm, this is strange. A 150Mbit ISP line is more than enough, and since my ISP has fixed his problem my buffering issues are gone. But not the decoding issues I have: skipping frames all over the place when starting the stream, also later but then not that often. It´s not the SW decoding as with local videos I don´t have any skipping files at any resolution or bitrate. Think I need to look into the decrypting of widevine, as this is the only difference. I can run Youtube and any other unencrypted stream with 1080p without any problem.
It's not appropriate to compare 1080p hardware decoded unencrypted stream with encrypted software decoded 1080p stream. The latter needs 3-5 times higher processor usage, so it all comes down to CPU power and it's cooling management.
Information 
! IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR THE NEW RELEASE !

The new release (1.0.0) will be released approximately in the next week,
and brings with it a very large number of changes and fixes under the hood in order to implement/introduce for the first time,
The synchronization of the watched status of the videos with Netflix!

The new feature
The feature for the synchronization of the watched status, is still in TEST and it will be for an undefined time
because it is a very complicated feature to implement,
it is working but sometimes it is not very stable and there are some flaws.

SO BEFORE ENABLING THIS FEATURE
is most important read this WIKI pageWIKI - Synchronisation of watched status with Netflix
to avoid filling pages of post with requests for help and unuseful complaints

This wiki page explains in short:
- HOW USE it
- The currents LIMITATIONS
- The UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS

Improved auto-configuration for android users
In addition to this, has been introduced an improved auto-configuration system,
in this way the add-on is able to self-configure for the android 4K capable devices,
the new android users will be happy.
(this auto-configuration can also be run manually from expert settings)

Add-on compatibility problems with Kodi versions (18.x - 19.x)
In the next updates of Kodi 19.x the Kodi developers have made it impossible to install add-ons designed for Kodi 18,
this does not even save add-ons that are compatible with both versions.

Then for users that using Kodi 19.x, you will be warned that the addon is not compatible with the version of Kodi in use and may happen that the add-on will be disabled.

To solve this problem, i will create a new repository to allow to install the add-on on Kodi 19.x.
When available the new repository link will be published in the GitHub Read Me.
I think after you will force the add-on update, you can use it without losing any data.

I hope you will enjoy
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
Great news 👍
Is it possible to automatically sync my netflix watch list with kodi?
Right now i need to browse Netflix, add something to the list, go to the addon, find the item and export to library. Then go to library and update it.
Would love if library and list to be auto sync.
Ok I feel dumb.. 

Windows 10
Widevine latest installed
Leia 18.5

Netflix shows 540p for most of what I want to watch

I've tried numerous settings and can't get input over 540p for things like Avengers, Batman Begins, Men in Black, Terminator Salvation, Godzilla .. I dunno not all things I want to watch, but it seems random? Now it looks like some content is in 1080p The forbidden kingdom, Triple Frontier, A.X.L., Lego Marvel Super heroes..

Is this based on studio?? What the hell is going on?
  • 139(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14