Deprecated uEPG - Universal EPG Framework
@Rags32

Without code and logs to debug....

Bug1 - You're pushing malformed data, which results in the EPG ignoring programming elements.

Bug2 - Not a Bug... the EPG is designed to handle 3days at a time... anymore then that would slow down the guide.

Bug3 - Malformed data...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz

Quick reply! Nice!

I wasn't sure that this hasn't been reported. So I skipped out the logs and the data.

Malformed data? I really can't see how that would be the case when all channels that hasn't as much programs show the EPG much better. Can I pm/email you the JSON then? 

So there is a limit to 3 days of EPG data? I might have gone overboard a little bit by 1-2 h since xmltv usually include programs that air during the night the next day.

How can Bug 3 be due to malformed data? If you scroll down and up again the context menu shows up?
(2018-09-17, 15:07)Rags32 Wrote: @Lunatixz

Quick reply! Nice!

I wasn't sure that this hasn't been reported. So I skipped out the logs and the data.

Malformed data? I really can't see how that would be the case when all channels that hasn't as much programs show the EPG much better. Can I pm/email you the JSON then? 

So there is a limit to 3 days of EPG data? I might have gone overboard a little bit by 1-2 h since xmltv usually include programs that air during the night the next day.

uEPG is used in a number of projects... and Neither bug1 or bug3 has ever been observed. I could be persuaded to believe it's on my end if a log were submitted.

It's not that I don't believe my code to be fallible, rather the code has been well tested and has a very HIGH probability of error due to its reliance on external data.

How can Bug 3 be due to malformed data? If you scroll down and up again the context menu shows up?

Every time you "scroll" you are calling methods and complex arrays that are built around the data you provided... any number of things can cause an issue.

If you provide me with proof of a bug i'll correct it, show me your work and i'll help evaluate it...
(2018-09-17, 15:33)Lunatixz Wrote:

Quick reply! Nice!

uEPG is used in a number of projects... and Neither bug1 or bug3 has ever been observed. I could be persuaded to believe it's on my end if a log were submitted.

It's not that I don't believe my code to be fallible, rather the code has been well tested and has a very HIGH probability of error due to its reliance on external data.

Every time you "scroll" you are calling methods and complex arrays that are built around the data you provided... any number of things can cause an issue.

If you provide me with proof of a bug i'll correct it, show me your work and i'll help evaluate it...

I will PM you later tonight with example code then alongside the epg data that I use then. Big thanks!

If it isnt a bug then please tell me what I'm doing wrong Smile
(2018-09-17, 15:33)Lunatixz Wrote:

Quick reply! Nice!

Screenshots with examples of the problems
https://puu.sh/BwCdQ/369e6fee0b.png -> Correct info for the title but EPG info down below completely wrong
https://puu.sh/BwCf9/57d208fffc.png -> Same thing
https://puu.sh/BwCfx/083910c658.png -> Has switched place with the one above
https://puu.sh/BwCgi/0927f7c06a.png -> Similar things
https://puu.sh/BwCq9/288b62a0c7.png -> Try to show the context menu which doesnt show up on the first item
https://puu.sh/BwCqB/a0f485f04d.png -> But if I scroll up and then down I can suddenly open the context menu on the same channel

So the bug when the EPG switches places with other programs on the same channel is kinda random. 

The offset bug you can try by changing limit = False. Should work (I think). Not the best python coder, not gonna lie.

Debug only with Kodi (Forgot uEPG)
https://pastebin.com/m0N8jAB7

Debug with uEPG as well (Was 2 much data for pastebin!)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8ktgfpdt66rpg...9.log?dl=1

How do I fix the JSON so it's not malformed then?
Great addon! I want to say thanks for sharing. Looking at the readme, the Minimum JSON Example link gives a 404. Do you have another link or can you post a minimum here?
Thanks.
Another question, what format should the start time, end time, and run time be?
Thanks again.
(2020-03-03, 08:42)Tony5856 Wrote: Great addon! I want to say thanks for sharing. Looking at the readme, the Minimum JSON Example link gives a 404. Do you have another link or can you post a minimum here?
Thanks.
I have found the minimum json example file in the uepg addon folder.
I am getting this error now...

17:29:52.616 T:34096   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unknown addon id '"plugin.video.ustvgo"'.
17:29:52.617 T:34096   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unknown addon id '"plugin.video.ustvgo"'.
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.uepg\uepg.py", line 287, in <module>
                                                if data is not None: initChannels(params, data, dataType)
                                              File "C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.uepg\uepg.py", line 219, in initChannels
                                                channelLST.pluginName, channelLST.pluginAuthor, channelLST.pluginIcon, channelLST.pluginFanart, channelLST.pluginPath = utils.getPluginMeta(channelLST.refreshPath)
                                              File "C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.uepg\utils.py", line 165, in getPluginMeta
                                                pluginID = xbmcaddon.Addon(plugin)
                                            RuntimeError: Unknown addon id '"plugin.video.ustvgo"'.
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I am using this line of code to call the script module,

xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s)"%(urllib.quote_plus(json.dumps(Guide_data)),urllib.quote_plus(json.dumps(sys.argv[0]+"?mode=13")),urllib.quote_plus(json.dumps(7200))))

Any help would be appreciated. Why does it not recognize my addon id?
@Tony5856 I'd need to see code... I can't debug snippets. Provide code and full logs. THX
Hi,
Thanks for the great addon.
I am using it through the Joyn addon. Everything is great, but after a longer period of sleep (Kodi on Coreelec) the EPG is sometimes completely off (shows the wrong time and programmes).
Is it possible to issue an EPG refresh upon wake from sleep somehow?
(The Joyn EPG has some other strange things as well, for instance it seems to repeat after 24 hours, however this is not a problem in everyday use)
thanks!
(2020-03-05, 06:24)Lunatixz Wrote: @Tony5856 I'd need to see code... I can't debug snippets. Provide code and full logs. THX

Thanks for the response. I have started with a fresh install of kodi 18, and created a new addon for testing. 
I have used guidedata based on the example given in the uepg module. My guide data is this

Guide_Data ={
    "channelname": "Test Channel 1",
    "channelnumber": 1,
    "channellogo": "",
    "isfavorite": "False",
    "guidedata": [{
        "url": "",
        "starttime": 1583807560,
        "endtime": 0,
        "runtime": 3600,
        "label": "Test show 1",
        "label2": "HD",
        "art": {
            "thumb": ""
        },
        "streamdetails": {
            "video": ""
        }
    }]
}

and the code to call uepg is,

xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s&row_count=%s&include_hdhr=false)"%(urllib.quote_plus(json.dumps(list(Guide_Data))),(sys.argv[0]+"?mode=1"),7200,5))

When i run the addon it open a blank window and a popup says there is an error, but looking at the log I can not find the error.
The log is here,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdtcc4c2n0odau...0.log?dl=1

What am I doing wrong please.
(2020-03-10, 05:24)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-05, 06:24)Lunatixz Wrote: @Tony5856 I'd need to see code... I can't debug snippets. Provide code and full logs. THX

Thanks for the response. I have started with a fresh install of kodi 18, and created a new addon for testing. 
I have used guidedata based on the example given in the uepg module. My guide data is this

Guide_Data ={
        },
        }
    }]
}

xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s&row_count=%s&include_hdhr=false)"%(urllib.quote_plus(json.dumps(list(Guide_Data))),(sys.argv[0]+"?mode=1"),7200,5))

When i run the addon it open a blank window and a popup says there is an error, but looking at the log I can not find the error.
The log is here,

I forgot to turn on debugging in the eupg module, here is the log with dubug,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd0kim3vt8rypry/kodi.log?dl=1
(2020-03-10, 07:00)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 05:24)Tony5856 Wrote:

Guide_Data ={
        },
        }
    }]
}

The log is here,

I forgot to turn on debugging in the eupg module, here is the log with dubug,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd0kim3vt8rypry/kodi.log?dl=1 
Don't mean to be a pain, please post logs here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ THX.
(2020-03-09, 22:35)umiki Wrote: Hi,
I am using it through the Joyn addon. Everything is great, but after a longer period of sleep (Kodi on Coreelec) the EPG is sometimes completely off (shows the wrong time and programmes).
(The Joyn EPG has some other strange things as well, for instance it seems to repeat after 24 hours, however this is not a problem in everyday use)
thanks!
Do you have a log? there is a refresh call... are you using it?
(2020-03-10, 18:46)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 22:35)umiki Wrote: Hi,
thanks!
Do you have a log? there is a refresh call... are you using it? 
Thanks for looking into this!
I am just an end user of the Joyn application.
If I understand correctly, the call exists, I have to ask the developers of the Joyn application to use it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uEPG - Universal EPG Framework1