• 8(current)
Mod PVR Mod for Estuary - Kodi 18 (Leia)
Nice , any chance for a low channel list?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2870139
Still nothing we could try?
(2019-11-13, 23:19)Jönke Wrote: Nice , any chance for a low channel list?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2870139
Yes, that's already done. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2785897
Channel Group can be changed by pressing Left/right on the remote.
(2019-11-22, 00:11)bam80 Wrote: Still nothing we could try?
@bam80
I'm still working on a number of items.
One big dilemma is when I started this project, I really wanted Artwork to appear on the PVR section. That was only really possible by making use of the Skin Helper Script, which has for a long time not been maintained by the original author. Whilst the script still works for this particular function, it could well break at anytime, which would then make many parts of this mod not work.
There are a couple of other new scripts which I may be able to make use of, but lately I'm also considering if PVR artwork is actually as important to me as it was when I started this project. If I decide drop the whole Artwork aspect from live Tv, there are many layout changes that would need to done. 
Thanks for your interest. The main thing is after several months of not doing very much, I'm now working on things again fairly regularly. I'll continue to posts updates here as and when I have them....
(2019-11-22, 16:04)Dumyat Wrote: lately I'm also considering if PVR artwork is actually as important to me as it was when I started this project.

Funny, the PVR artwork is actually the reason I searching for new skins.. Smile

Well, good luck with you project. Hope you'll finish it some day.
But still, maybe consider to share something before final revision is out?..
I think, certainly from an authors point of view, that one is probably never entirely happy with ones work and that there are always improvements and changes that you can see need doing.  However, I'm more than sure that this skin would stand up to close scrutiny if it was released today.

Most people surfing these skin forums are more than willing to put up with a changing code base if it gives them the look they are after.  Having seen some of @Dumyat 's work, I can only say that it is, quite literally, a work of art.  It is quite clear how much effort and work has gone into it and I would urge him to release some sort of point release at some point in the near future.  If it's offered with the caveat that absolutely no support will be forthcoming for any issues arising from it's use and that further releases and bugfixes/improvements may or may not be released at the authors discretion, then everybody knows not to expect those things.  They will ask though, no doubt!

You could go on forever tweaking and adjusting, or say "Hey, here ya go. It is what it is, and if it doesn't work or fulfil your expectations then tough! But have a copy and see what you think. Understand though that you are on your own if there is an issue because I won't support this/any version(s)".
Learning Linux the hard way !!
PVR EPG -  Estuary genre colouring that works in V17 doesn't work in V18

Dumyat - Hi, you came to the rescue last year with your method for setting up EPG colouring in V17 (details here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329610 ) but in V18 Leia this has stopped working (for me anyway).
In V17 the solution involved a couple of changes to 'MyPVRGuide.xml' and the addition of an 'epg-genres' folder which then allowed any colour to be applied to any genre.
I have tried to duplicate this in V18 and looking at the xml folder of the Estuary skin, it appears that the section determining the epg colouring has moved to 'Includes_PVR.xml'  but making the previous changes there produces no result.
I use NextPVR and EPG Collector as my pvr backend, and I can see the program genres (such as Sport-Cricket or Movie-Drama) displayed within Kodi - but no EPG colours show up.

I see from your screenshots that you do have genre colouring in your V18 skin so can I ask whether you have had to use a different method to achieve it?
Thank you.
@prothed2 
No, the original method should still work. Indeed, the line code is now located in the includes_pvr.xml file. Remember, both the item and focused lines need to be changed. Looking at my version of Estuary using Kodi 18.4, that looks to be lines 453 and 489. I have created a variable in the past for a complete list of genre variations, since it wasn't possible to name many of genres with a "/" between them. Example:-

Line code for includes_pvr.xml
xml:
<texture border="3" fallback="windows/pvr/epg-genres/0.png">$VAR[PVRGenreVar,windows/pvr/epg-genres/,.png]</texture>
Variable
xml:
<variable name="PVRGenreVar">
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.Genre,Show / Game Show)">Show Game Show</value>
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.Genre,Leisure / Hobbies)">Leisure Hobbies</value>
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.Genre,News / Current Affairs)">News Current Affairs</value>
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.Genre,Movie / Drama)">Movie Drama</value>
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.Genre,Adult Movie / Drama)">Adult Movie Drama</value>
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.Genre,Detective / Thriller)">Detective Thriller</value>
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.Genre,News / Weather Report)">News Weather Report</value>
</variable>
The genre stated after the bracket is how I actually named each genre texture, ie "Show Game Show.png".
Are your genre labels getting shown in the correct place on the Guide Screen, ie at the bottom of the screen after the heading 'Genre:'?
Or are they shown as part of the plot description?
Thanks for this.  Yes, the genre is showing up in the correct location on screen - so I need to double-check my typing as it looks as though I must be messing up those lines...
I'll report back.
Just checked again - both lines (453 and 489) have been changed, and epg-genres is in the 'media' folder, but still just a grey epg.
(I haven't made the PVRGenreVar mod yet).
Here are some screen grabs in case there is something obvious staring me in the face.
Thanks again for your help.

(2019-12-20, 18:01)prothed2 Wrote: Here are some screen grabs in case there is something obvious staring me in the face.

Ok, if your epg-genres folder is located in the media folder as shown in your image, then the line code needs to reflect this. Try this:-
xml:
<texture border="3" fallback="windows/pvr/epg-genres/0.png">$INFO[ListItem.Genre,epg-genres/,.png]</texture>

This is what you originally had. Notice the difference in the path?
xml:
<texture border="3" fallback="windows/pvr/epg-genres/0.png">$INFO[ListItem.Genre,windows/pvr/epg-genres/,.png]</texture>

The 0.png represents the epg item texture with no genre colour. This png file should already be in the original path location (windows/pvr/epg-genres/), so no need to change the path of the fallback image on the line code. If you have a 0.png file in your own epg-genres folder, then you could also change the fallback path as well like above, just to make things tidy and less confusing....  Smile

Based on your images and current code, the above changes should work for you.
Woo Hoo - Now working.  Smile
My problem was that I didn't appreciate the connection between the 'windows/pvr/' location and the actual physical location of the epg-genres folder.
(I'm still not sure how the connection is made as I never found the definition of 'windows/pvr/' anywhere I looked in the code...)
All working now.  Thanks again.
(2019-12-22, 19:08)prothed2 Wrote: (I'm still not sure how the connection is made as I never found the definition of 'windows/pvr/' anywhere I looked in the code...)
That's good.
The reason you can't see the windows/pvr directory is because most Kodi skins now use a textures.xbt file which is in your media folder to pack all of the necessary textures required for a skin to work. (These files work a bit like a zip file). To unpack this file you need to use the TextureTool, which can be downnloaded here:- TextureTool (wiki)

If you are using Windows, for simplicity just create 2 new folders on your desktop, one called 'Input' and the other 'Output'. Copy/paste the textures.xbt file from your skin's media folder into the 'Input' folder on your desktop.
Then using the texture tool and the decompile mode (Top options), select the textures.xbt file located in the 'Input' folder you have created as the 'select input' option.
The select the 'Output' folder you created as the 'Select Output' option. Then select the 'Start' option.
This will unpack the entire contents of the textures.xbt into your output folder. Once unpacked, you will immediately see the windows/pvr/epg-genres folders. 

You could then copy/paste your own genres into epg-genres folder and repack this directory using the bottom options (Compile Mode) of the texture tool. Remember to specify the input folder as the output folder you created and where everything is now unpacked too. The output file will be called 'Textures', which you can select from the input folder you created. Then press start and it will repack everything to a file called Textures.xbt. Then just copy/paste it back into the skin's media folder. 
If you go down this route, there is obviously no need to change the path of the line code now.
Hope that all makes better sense now, how the textures work..... Wink
Hi @Dumyat, is this Mod still being worked on? If so, I have a few questions about it as I would like to apply some of what you've done to my own mod.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Mod for Estuary - Kodi 18 (Leia)3