• 162(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
Yes. There are numerous posts discussing it in this thread, but see the first few posts on the first page for details on how to set up your own personal API keys.

Alternatively I think the most recent beta version (not the one from the official repo) has updates which may helps for just viewing trailers (rather than via a personal log-in account). Look in the second post of this thread (in the first page) for details of the beta versions.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-12-21, 22:01)jdf76 Wrote: Go to here to create your YouTube API key.

https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

It would be really great if the screen shots and instructions actually matched what is found at the end of the link offered.
Hi guys.
Can someone tell me whats the problem: 

i have:
Kodi 19.0 Alpha1 of 2020-03-16

try to install beta 6.7 and get error what xbmc.python 2.20.0 doesnt found

i think i need an addon with python 3? where can I get it?
I cannot get YouTube to work.  I followed the instructions here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ1oX9-zyhM) to create an API, Client ID, and API Secret.  After I input those into the settings, I can search and get a list.  But when I select a video on the list, the "working" box comes on momentarily and it tries to start the video.  Then it just stops, no further info.  What am I doing wrong?
@Blue_Scout
You are entering the incorrect information into your API settings. 
The log shows the client id starts with 'http:' and it should not.
Double check that information, and check the last few images https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

@allmotormark
That video works here with or without dash. Need complete debug log (wiki) to hopefully determine the cause.

@Ilchenko
You need to install the python 3 zip. plugin.video.youtube-python3-6.7.0.beta1.zip should work

@Dennis_D
Need a complete debug log (wiki) showing a failed playback attempt
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
I haven't been able to use the YouTube add-on for a few days now. I set up, and, have been using my own personal API for the last 2-3 years with no problem. The only error I get is as shown in the image below.

Debug Log
I did not used YouTube PlugIn a while and noticed recently that is does not work for me anymore. Trying to reinstall does not work out neigther on my xboxone nor on my libreelec system. A closer look discovered that the Version 6.6.0 has a dependency on win_inet_pton lib, even on the libreelec system. Unfortunately both xboxone and libreelec system does not have it available, which might be obvious for libreelec. Any hints to overcome that issue?
I seem to have a similar issue as Dennis_D yesterday. I can search in YouTube, but cannot play any video. The Log is: <https://paste.kodi.tv/oboxutezir.kodi>. Thanks for any help!
@napgiver
See post #2 for v6.7.0

@jackme 
The add-on definitely works on those platforms. Try v6.7.0 from post #2, if the issue continues please provide the complete debug log (wiki)

@mhaelsig
Looks like you need to change a couple settings:
Disable YouTube Settings - Advanced - Use YouTube website urls
Disable YouTube Settings - Advanced - Support alternative player
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2020-03-21, 17:36)Alan11581 Wrote: I started getting the YouTube: acessNotConfigured project about a week ago when trying to play trailers in Kodi. What I don't understand is why the heck would I need to re-create or do anything with the google API. When I first installed Kodi I would go to a movie hit information select trailer and it prompted me or let me know youtube was not installed to play a trailer and asked if I wanted to install it, I said yes and it has worked for the last year or so.

So why all of a sudden does that not work. I uninstalled the add-on got the same message to install if i wanted to watch trailers and still get that error. Did youtube maybe change the way the API access there site and the add-on just need to updated to match.

Guess you didnt read whats going on thats been discussed over and over throughout the last 10 pages in this thread
(2020-03-21, 22:05)GeofferyH Wrote:
(2017-12-21, 22:01)jdf76 Wrote: Go to here to create your YouTube API key.

https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

It would be really great if the screen shots and instructions actually matched what is found at the end of the link offered. 
Nobody is stopping you creating a revised set of instructions and posting them here...
(2020-03-22, 14:37)Ilchenko Wrote: Hi guys.
Can someone tell me whats the problem: 

i have:
Kodi 19.0 Alpha1 of 2020-03-16

try to install beta 6.7 and get error what xbmc.python 2.20.0 doesnt found

i think i need an addon with python 3? where can I get it?
It probably doesn't exist, if you want a working setup you should really stick to the latest stable version.
(2020-03-23, 16:36)FXB78 Wrote: Nobody is stopping you creating a revised set of instructions and posting them here...
You want somebody who is looking for guidance to provide instructions?  Not a good idea.

What might be a good idea is to start the thread from scratch with the author of the plugin providing instructions on what actually works now (not two years ago lost in the thread) so people can get started on the right foot and not try to have to navigate through 162 pages to figure out why it doesn't work for them.
(2020-03-23, 16:58)barney63 Wrote:
(2020-03-23, 16:36)FXB78 Wrote: Nobody is stopping you creating a revised set of instructions and posting them here...
You want somebody who is looking for guidance to provide instructions?  Not a good idea.

What might be a good idea is to start the thread from scratch with the author of the plugin providing instructions on what actually works now (not two years ago lost in the thread) so people can get started on the right foot and not try to have to navigate through 162 pages to figure out why it doesn't work for them. 
I don't specifically want anyone to do anything. I followed the instructions & have it working perfectly fine, most of the time people struggle to follow even basic instructions so a new thread still wouldn't help them.
(2020-03-23, 17:07)FXB78 Wrote: I don't specifically want anyone to do anything. I followed the instructions & have it working perfectly fine, most of the time people struggle to follow even basic instructions so a new thread still wouldn't help them.
Well this long and winding, confusing thread sure as hell isn't helping them.  Glad that you were able to get it working for yourself but sometimes it seems to get lost that this is a help forum and that if people knew what they were doing they wouldn't need to post here.  Instructions aren't always crystal clear, people in this industry aren't always the best communicators.  I certainly don't mean to disparage anybody who are doing the best they can to help but the sheer volume of information in this thread, in my opinion is clouding the issue.  I think a fresh start would help.

I haven't posted with my issue because I haven't been able to take the time to really go over it to see what is wrong with my setup.  I had it working with keys previously but then I thought I have read you don't need keys with the beta.   So I'll have to either go through a bunch of pages of posts or wait until I see a definitive answer.  That's fine, I know I have to put the work in but that might not be necessary if the latest instructions were posted clearly in a new thread.  Maybe an idea might be to lock that thread for a week or so, to give people time to make sure they tried to get it done before they started with questions.
  • 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18