• 78(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
anyone got this error: everything stopped working.

Unknown error:
Extra data: line 33 column 2 - line 44 column 2 (char 2232-2499)
Please try again.
(2020-04-02, 11:40)blind486 Wrote: anyone got this error: everything stopped working.

Unknown error:
Please try again.
(2020-04-02, 11:40)blind486 Wrote: anyone got this error: everything stopped working.

Unknown error:
Please try again.
Go to settings - file manager - program directory - addon data. Remove Google drive and renroll your account
Not sure what causes the error
Error in google drive addon:
Post #1
Post #2

Cause a corrupted db.

and since today, also i can't  play any strm files.... Sad

i'm deleting one more time db and strm files, and i get again.. i hope that solve, but i hope also that not come back
(2020-03-30, 01:15)stevensgl Wrote: The problem is that the Google plugin is not adding the right extention on all the file names.
The file names should end with ".strm"

Instead SOME of the extension end with ".mkv""
Solution, rename the extensions to "mkv.strm"

This is a bug.
I do confirm this bug since the last update.
Tons of .mkv files instead of mkv.strm files.

(BTW, I've deleted my movie collection in Kodi and my Gdrive account, I've cleaned Kodi and Gdrive addon cache and started from zero. The result is I'm still getting unplayable .mkv links to some movies and playable .mkv.strm links to other).
(2020-03-29, 23:44)olympus Wrote: You can't stream in original quality from Google Drive.

That's odd, because with ddurdle's old/defunct (but still working) GDrive addon there is an option to explicitly never transcode video content. Been working for me for years now. According to the player process info it is the original file, not transcoded. Not only that, but multiple audio files are available, so it can only be the original mkv.

Since it's dead and presumably won't work in v19 I was planning on moving to this maintained addon, but not without that functionality. Oh, and it has resume too.
(2020-04-05, 02:58)gavin19 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 23:44)olympus Wrote: You can't stream in original quality from Google Drive.

That's odd, because with ddurdle's old/defunct (but still working) GDrive addon there is an option to explicitly never transcode video content. Been working for me for years now. According to the player process info it is the original file, not transcoded. Not only that, but multiple audio files are available, so it can only be the original mkv.

Since it's dead and presumably won't work in v19 I was planning on moving to this maintained addon, but not without that functionality. Oh, and it has resume too.  

You can't stream in original quality from Google Drive. The Google Drive webpage.
You stream the transcoded streams, not the original file.
Third party apps may can do this, but not the Google Drive webpage or the official Google Drive apps.
You can only download the original file from them.
(2020-04-05, 05:06)olympus Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 02:58)gavin19 Wrote:

You can't stream in original quality from Google Drive. The Google Drive webpage.
Third party apps may can do this, but not the Google Drive webpage or the official Google Drive apps.

sorry, but this what means? isn't original quality!?
I have a problem with new change of google drive's policy. When I was shared a file, it cannot add to my drive. Instead of adding to my drive, it just add a shortcut of this file in my drive. When I scan it to my library, this file (actually a shortcut of this file) cannot be played. Anyone has this problem?
(2020-04-06, 00:04)robertus Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 02:58)gavin19 Wrote: That's odd, because with ddurdle's old/defunct (but still working) GDrive addon there is an option to explicitly never transcode video content. Been working for me for years now. According to the player process info it is the original file, not transcoded. Not only that, but multiple audio files are available, so it can only be the original mkv.

It absolutely is what is written. Keeping this option "enabled" plays the video in original quality - have been using this option for more than a year without any issue.
@cguZZMan I have started encountering a new issue. I have kept the option for "look for changes in cloud" but the google drive addon has stopped creating new strm files automatically.
(2020-04-06, 00:04)robertus Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 02:58)gavin19 Wrote: That's odd, because with ddurdle's old/defunct (but still working) GDrive addon there is an option to explicitly never transcode video content. Been working for me for years now. According to the player process info it is the original file, not transcoded. Not only that, but multiple audio files are available, so it can only be the original mkv.

This addon CAN STREAM in original quality,
You CANNOT stream in original quality in your browser, in Google Drive webpage.
I was explaining to stevensgl that we can't make comparisons like "this video works in my browser but it fails on the add-on".
The add-on streams by default in original quality, Google Drive webpage streams only in transcoded quality.
Hi @cguZZMan , I am running AEON MQ8 Skin on Kodi 18.6 on a Windows 10 PC, and I am using the latest version of Google Drive Plugin (1.3.5) as well as Common Cloud Drive Module (1.2.14).

I am storing STRM files locally on my PC to access my Google Drive Media Library. However, whenever I scrape a STRM file, it gets added to my library and works fine, but the video and audio info of the file (1080p, x264,5.1 etc.) is missing. If I scrape the same .mkv file locally stored in my PC directly, the media info shows up perfectly. Further, when I play the STRM file, during playback, if I press the "info" key, it shows me all the media info (1080p,x264,5.1 etc.) but once playback is finished, that info does not show up in my library. I have tried to play the STRM file many times, but the media info does not show in my library. Please let me know what is the solution to this issue.

I have attached two screenshots demonstrating the problem - in one screenshot, the locally-stored mkv file is scraped directly and the mediainfo shows up at the bottom of the screen, in the other screenshot, the STRM of the mkv file is scraped and the media info is missing at the bottom of the screen.

ImageImage
(2020-04-06, 15:16)areebiimi Wrote: Hi @cguZZMan , I am running AEON MQ8 Skin on Kodi 18.6 on a Windows 10 PC, and I am using the latest version of Google Drive Plugin (1.3.5) as well as Common Cloud Drive Module (1.2.14).

I am storing STRM files locally on my PC to access my Google Drive Media Library. However, whenever I scrape a STRM file, it gets added to my library and works fine, but the video and audio info of the file (1080p, x264,5.1 etc.) is missing. If I scrape the same .mkv file locally stored in my PC directly, the media info shows up perfectly. Further, when I play the STRM file, during playback, if I press the "info" key, it shows me all the media info (1080p,x264,5.1 etc.) but once playback is finished, that info does not show up in my library. I have tried to play the STRM file many times, but the media info does not show in my library. Please let me know what is the solution to this issue.

I have attached two screenshots demonstrating the problem - in one screenshot, the locally-stored mkv file is scraped directly and the mediainfo shows up at the bottom of the screen, in the other screenshot, the STRM of the mkv file is scraped and the media info is missing at the bottom of the screen.

ImageImage
You need to create nfo files for each movie. This nfo file should be stored in your local drive in individual folders for each movie, with the nfo, strm, the poster and the fanart files
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7