Help with Star Wars Rebels DVD Order from TVDB
Hi. I'm having trouble with using DVD order with Star Wars Rebels. I've set the TVDB add-on to use DVD Order when possible and it's worked no problem with Firefly, but with Star Wars Rebels I have a couple of episodes that will not scrape.

As seen here I have named my files as follows:

1x01. Spark of Rebellion (1).mkv
1x02. Spark of Rebellion (2).mkv
2x01. The Siege of Lothal (1).mkv
2x02. The Siege of Lothal (2).mkv

But for some reason they aren't showing up in my library, yet every other episode is fine. I'm the aired order these episodes are classed as specials so I'm guessing that's where the issues coming from. Is there a way for me to manually link the scraper to the correct URL or am I going to have to bite the bullet and male my own NFO files? I looked into a parsing NFO but they don't work for individual episodes.

Thanks in advance.
@Carter0108

The problems is at TVDB where DVD and Absolute orders are partly broken with the introduction of their new Flexible Orders system.

Flexible orders allows the creation of new episode orders so the site is no longer limited to Absolute, Aired and DVD orders. A perfect example is the Money Heist show with the Netflix order. The new flexible orders are not yet exposed to the API and won't be until v4 of their API is released, and my best guess is that it is at least a year away.

When DVD orders are a simple rearrangement of the existing Aired episodes, then the DVD order scraping works as it always has and there is no problem.

In your Star Wars case, those two episodes are Specials from the Aired order and they are each a single episode. In the DVD Order, they have each been split into two episodes, so four new episodes have been created using the Flexible Orders system... and you guessed it, they are not exposed to the API and cannot be scraped.

Your choices are...
1. Continue using TVDB and create 4 nfo files
2. Switch over to TheMovieDB and use their Episode Groups listing... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...ode_Groups
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-18, 22:59)Karellen Wrote: @Carter0108

The problems is at TVDB where DVD and Absolute orders are partly broken with the introduction of their new Flexible Orders system.

Flexible orders allows the creation of new episode orders so the site is no longer limited to Absolute, Aired and DVD orders. A perfect example is the Money Heist show with the Netflix order. The new flexible orders are not yet exposed to the API and won't be until v4 of their API is released, and my best guess is that it is at least a year away.

When DVD orders are a simple rearrangement of the existing Aired episodes, then the DVD order scraping works as it always has and there is no problem.

In your Star Wars case, those two episodes are Specials from the Aired order and they are each a single episode. In the DVD Order, they have each been split into two episodes, so four new episodes have been created using the Flexible Orders system... and you guessed it, they are not exposed to the API and cannot be scraped.

Your choices are...
1. Continue using TVDB and create 4 nfo files
2. Switch over to TheMovieDB and use their Episode Groups listing... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...B-TV_Shows

Thanks for the help. I switched my TV Shows over to TMDB but unfortunately Star Wars Rebels still doesn't have a correct DVD ordering. I've been trying to add episodes in myself but think I may just have to resort to making my own nfo files.
(2020-04-19, 14:45)Carter0108 Wrote: Thanks for the help. I switched my TV Shows over to TMDB but unfortunately Star Wars Rebels still doesn't have a correct DVD ordering
Are you sure you checked the right listing? https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/60554-star...5c85041004
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-19, 21:49)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 14:45)Carter0108 Wrote: Thanks for the help. I switched my TV Shows over to TMDB but unfortunately Star Wars Rebels still doesn't have a correct DVD ordering
Are you sure you checked the right listing? https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/60554-star...5c85041004

Yes I tried using that listing and also tried creating my own. The issue is there are many episodes that were aired as a single episode but come as 2 separate episodes on the Blu-ray and TMDB didn't have these extra episodes. I've made entries myself for the second parts but now I have a new issue where adding a parsing NFO messes with the scraping. Episodes get jumbled up and Kodi won't make a season longer than the original even if the viewing order has added more.
You must have done something wrong as it all scraped correctly for me. The only two episodes missing are S02E22 and S04E16, and as they are each part 2 of the preceding episode, it is easy to simply copy the nfo file and change the title to "... (2)".

I noticed that you created a new Episode Group. But if you just created it, then immediately tried to scrape with it, then it won't work as you haven't allowed the mirrors and caches to be updated with your new entry. It usually takes a few hours for that to happen.
My Signature
(2020-04-19, 22:31)Karellen Wrote: You must have done something wrong as it all scraped correctly for me. The only two episodes missing are S02E22 and S04E16, and as they are each part 2 of the preceding episode, it is easy to simply copy the nfo file and change the title to "... (2)".

I noticed that you created a new Episode Group. But if you just created it, then immediately tried to scrape with it, then it won't work as you haven't allowed the mirrors and caches to be updated with your new entry. It usually takes a few hours for that to happen.

I'm pretty sure I've done everything correctly. I have six episodes in season 0 named "0x09. Spark of Rebellion.mkv", "0x13. Spark of Rebellion (2).mkv", etc. and everything else in the correct seasons. Then I've created "tvshow.nfo" in the show folder which containts the single URL "https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/60554-star-wars-rebels/episode_group/5b57d247c3a3685c85041004" but when Kodi adds the show with this parsing nfo I have missing episodes and everything is incorrectly named. For example Season 1 goes from "01. Spark of Rebellion" to "13. Call to Action" with no sign of episodes 14 and 15, but when playing the episodes I find they're actually episodes 3-15 just names incorrectly.
(2020-04-19, 22:31)Karellen Wrote: I noticed that you created a new Episode Group. But if you just created it, then immediately tried to scrape with it, then it won't work as you haven't allowed the mirrors and caches to be updated with your new entry. It usually takes a few hours for that to happen.
My Signature
(2020-04-19, 22:45)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 22:31)Karellen Wrote: I noticed that you created a new Episode Group. But if you just created it, then immediately tried to scrape with it, then it won't work as you haven't allowed the mirrors and caches to be updated with your new entry. It usually takes a few hours for that to happen.

I'm not using my newly created group, I'm using the original one that you linked to earlier.
ok. Provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping the show and I'll try and figure out where the hiccup is. Make sure you delete it from the library first.
My Signature
(2020-04-19, 23:02)Karellen Wrote: ok. Provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping the show and I'll try and figure out where the hiccup is. Make sure you delete it from the library first.
Okay. Here's my Debug log. Cheers.
Thanks that helps.

The problem is you have your episodes incorrectly named. You still have those episodes numbered as specials. You have to renumber them so they match the list you are trying to scrape.

You have 0x09. Spark of Rebellion.mkv but it should be S01E01 Spark of Rebellion
You have 1x01. Droids in Distress.mkv but it should be S01E03 Droids in Distress

Your episode numbering is incorrect.
My Signature
(2020-04-19, 23:37)Karellen Wrote: Thanks that helps.

The problem is you have your episodes incorrectly named. You still have those episodes numbered as specials. You have to renumber them so they match the list you are trying to scrape.

You have 0x09. Spark of Rebellion.mkv but it should be S01E01 Spark of Rebellion
You have 1x01. Droids in Distress.mkv but it should be S01E03 Droids in Distress

Your episode numbering is incorrect.
Oh wow really? I figured the filenames had to remain the same and that's why the episode groups list the original filename? Thanks for that. I'm an idiot!
No problems. You don't know until you know Smile

Just keep in mind that the numbering you see on the webpage is how your files should be numbered.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Star Wars Rebels DVD Order from TVDB0