• 34(current)
Internet Archive Game Launcher
(2020-04-12, 17:22)tjsuominen Wrote: 1) I'm running LE 8.2.5 (with KODI 17.6), any caveats aka does IAGL work OK on that? (I'm planning to update when KODI 19 is released)

Retroplayer was introduced in v18, so that wont work with v17. External launching might work, but that would depend highly on your setup. You would have to add some external package to your setup to make external launching work. Gamestarter is the likely candidate, but not sure if thats compatible with v17. You can check in the LE forums.

(2020-04-12, 17:22)tjsuominen Wrote: 3) I don't yet have a game controller, which one do you recommend?

Controller input was also completely redone in v18, so in v17 you'll likely have issues. I have used a DS3 controller with v18 previously and had no issues.
Hi!

Can savegames (not ingame savegames, but savestates) be done with IAGL? I see options for that in Kodi settings, but can't find how to do it when playing with IAGL.

Thanks!
(2020-04-10, 05:07)zachmorris Wrote:
(2020-04-09, 20:44)TassMetal Wrote: Hi, thanks for answering, i'm setting up the addon now and questions arise a lot Smile

Some Mame2003 Plus games have no sound. They are missing "sound samples", do IAGL get the sound samples for these games or do I have to do it manually? How do I make them to work with sound?

You can add the samples to:
xml:

...path_to_kodi_userdata_folder/addon_data/game.libretro.mame2003_plus/resources/system/mame2003-plus/samples

Alternately, this tool should copy those files to the correct spot if you already have them. 

Thanks Smile I also found that Final Burn Neo got all the same games that Mame has and FBN got no issues with sound. Do you reckon for most cases Final Burn Neo makes me don't need Mame? Is there any real need to use Mame with Kodi having FBN?
(2020-04-12, 19:20)TassMetal Wrote: Hi!

Can savegames (not ingame savegames, but savestates) be done with IAGL? I see options for that in Kodi settings, but can't find how to do it when playing with IAGL.

Thanks!

If you have autosave enabled in Kodi settings, when you reload the same game with the same game addon, it should load at the last savestate (it does for me).
(2020-04-12, 19:30)TassMetal Wrote: Thanks Smile I also found that Final Burn Neo got all the same games that Mame has and FBN got no issues with sound. Do you reckon for most cases Final Burn Neo makes me don't need Mame? Is there any real need to use Mame with Kodi having FBN?

FBN I find has better compatibility and all the games I would want to play from an arcade standpoint. It's the one I use the most (mame-2003 plus being the other).
(2020-04-12, 20:22)zachmorris Wrote:

Thanks!

If you have autosave enabled in Kodi settings, when you reload the same game with the same game addon, it should load at the last savestate (it does for me). 

I found why it wasn't working. I had game cache as 0 so games would always be downloaded, so when I download a new game the last one is deleted among with the savestate. So you need to set up some cache to keep the savestates I think.
(2020-04-12, 22:38)TassMetal Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 20:22)zachmorris Wrote:

Thanks!

I found why it wasn't working. I had game cache as 0 so games would always be downloaded, so when I download a new game the last one is deleted among with the savestate. So you need to set up some cache to keep the savestates I think.

Yes, everything in the cache folder is purged if the limit is met. If you want to save files, then you can change the download location.
The only method of saving that seems to work is the autosave feature, do you know if manual saving and increase and decrease save slots are broken?

I've been hours trying to get it working with no luck

I'm mapping SaveSlotIncrease, SaveSlotDecrease, Save and Load to my pad buttons but they are ignored.
(2020-04-12, 18:54)zachmorris Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 17:22)tjsuominen Wrote: 1) I'm running LE 8.2.5 (with KODI 17.6), any caveats aka does IAGL work OK on that? (I'm planning to update when KODI 19 is released)

Retroplayer was introduced in v18, so that wont work with v17. External launching might work, but that would depend highly on your setup. You would have to add some external package to your setup to make external launching work. Gamestarter is the likely candidate, but not sure if thats compatible with v17. You can check in the LE forums.
(2020-04-12, 17:22)tjsuominen Wrote: 3) I don't yet have a game controller, which one do you recommend?

Controller input was also completely redone in v18, so in v17 you'll likely have issues. I have used a DS3 controller with v18 previously and had no issues. 

Thx @zachmorris for taking time and replying - shall most preferably await for Kodi 19 with appropriate LE release to be released then.

//Timo
Do you have an updated discord link? It says expired when I try to use it.
(2020-04-13, 15:14)yeahme49 Wrote: Do you have an updated discord link? It says expired when I try to use it.

Thanks, updated this one to never expire now.
Hi Smile

What is the difference using ADD TO IAGL FAVS: Copy all data with or without overriding post dl command? I need to set it to copy or it wont use an alternative download location. Should I use just copy or override too? Sorry but I don't understand if using override will be good or not.

I mean I don't know if some games in your list got their own post dl commands applied that are needed, so I should keep them, or if post dl commands is an option for the user, and no game in the database got any command applied on it's own.

Do I use just copy or copy with override for better working?

Thanks!
Hi,

I'm using a Firestick 4K with Kodi & retroarch with IAGL When starting a game through kodi, it won't boot my retroarch, instead it will go directly to gamelist.
(using a kodi emulator works, but i want to avoid that)

When checking my launch command (for a nes game) :

`/system/bin/am start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture --es "LIBRETRO" "/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/quicknes_libretro_android.so" --es "CONFIGFILE" "%CFG_PATH%" --es "ROM" "%ROM_PATH%" --es "IME" com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME`

The steps that i did:

1.Install RetroArch and run it for the first time
2.Install Kodi
3.Install IAGL
4.Setup IAGL
\- set cache to 2gb
\- set device to android as type
\- Use external as emulator type
\- Run the wizard -> select retroarch root\\retroarch\\system folder & cfg file (automaticly selected)

5. List will be updated after the wizard is done

6. Start a game -> won't work, it will return back to the gamelist

(Retroarch self works fine when booting it up without kodi)

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Xtoc
(2020-04-16, 03:50)TassMetal Wrote: Hi Smile

What is the difference using ADD TO IAGL FAVS: Copy all data with or without overriding post dl command? I need to set it to copy or it wont use an alternative download location. Should I use just copy or override too? Sorry but I don't understand if using override will be good or not.

I mean I don't know if some games in your list got their own post dl commands applied that are needed, so I should keep them, or if post dl commands is an option for the user, and no game in the database got any command applied on it's own.

Thanks!

The Favorites settings are as follows:
Use Hyperlinks (default): When you add an IAGL favorite, it will just be a simple hyperlink to the original list. This is the default, so when you change settings in the original list, then they will also be applicable to your favorite.

e.g. for a favorites list I've added cannonball with this setting, and the game is listed as:
xml:

<rom name="plugin://plugin.program.iagl/game/CannonBall_ZachMorris/CannonBall" size="903400" />

Copy all data: When you add an IAGL favorite, it will copy all data from the original game list. If you were to change settings in the original list, then they will no be applicable to this favorite. Think of this as essentially a new game list.

e.g. for a favorites list I've added cannonball with this setting, and the game is listed as:
xml:

<rom name="game_url/cannonball.zip" size="903400" />

Copy all data and add post DL command: This is the same as above, but also copies the post DL command from the original list. This is really only useful if you're making a list that has varied content in it (with different post download actions).
xml:

<rom_override_postdl>unzip_to_folder_and_launch_file</rom_override_postdl>
(2020-04-19, 18:10)zachmorris Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 03:50)TassMetal Wrote: Hi Smile

Thanks!

The Favorites settings are as follows:
Use Hyperlinks (default): When you add an IAGL favorite, it will just be a simple hyperlink to the original list. This is the default, so when you change settings in the original list, then they will also be applicable to your favorite.

xml:

<rom name="plugin://plugin.program.iagl/game/CannonBall_ZachMorris/CannonBall" size="903400" />
Copy all data: When you add an IAGL favorite, it will copy all data from the original game list. If you were to change settings in the original list, then they will no be applicable to this favorite. Think of this as essentially a new game list.

xml:

Copy all data and add post DL command: This is the same as above, but also copies the post DL command from the original list. This is really only useful if you're making a list that has varied content in it (with different post download actions).
xml:

<rom_override_postdl>unzip_to_folder_and_launch_file</rom_override_postdl>

Thanks a lot Smile I found that if I use copy data without the post DL command override, it doesn't adds the original post DL command, so games that needs to be unzipped, won't work as they need the unzip action.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive Game Launcher6