• 19(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
The function is based on VideoPlayer as far as i know. I did not change anything about the function compared to previous DSPlayer builds. Nothing you/we can do for DSPLayer i think.

Personally, i think it's better to avoid this function even on Original Kodi for technical reasons. Had some negative experiences with the function when testing in the past.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
You are right, the function doesn't work with previous version too but I hope you could fix this "bug".
Why I need this option ? Because when play starts and refresh rate change occurs, I lost audio throught HDMI. I have to restart the video to get the sound again.
All is perfect using Videoplayer if video is paused during refresh rate change et then resumed after a delay.

Anyway, thank you for your build Wink
@axbmcuser in your build I cannot select the "MediaPortal Audio Renderer" as Audio renderer because it does not show up in the DSPlayer config section.
In the Kodi DSPlayer build from aracnoz I can select it. I've been using it for years as audio renderer because it does AC3 5.1 Encoding on my HDMI out.

I did try to edit the guisettings.xml and just add copy/paste the         <audiodevice>MediaPortal - Audio Renderer</audiodevice> from Kodi DSPlayer and use it with your BetterGUI build, but Kodi then reverts back to the Default Audio renderer.

*edit* I guess I figured it out. Sad
MediaPortal is a 32bit application
aracnoz Kodi DSPlayer I have the 32bit build installed

your build is 64bit so it does not see the MediaPortal AudioRenderer, means the bedroom htpc will stay on aracnoz 32bit build 😭
Hello i have this in advancedsettings.xml to get hires posters. is this still required?

<fanartres>1080</fanartres>
<imageres>1080</imageres>
(2020-04-03, 22:03)moravec Wrote: Hello i have this in advancedsettings.xml to get hires posters. is this still required?

<fanartres>1080</fanartres>
<imageres>1080</imageres>

Both "fanartres" and "imageres" have a default (and minimum) of 1080 in this build. So, no, you don't need the quoted two entries if you want both values to be 1080. Values above 1080 are still supported of course. :-)
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
anybody know how i can get this to play bdmvs and vobs with dsplayer as videoplayer , help would be appreciated, i come from the previous dsplayer build, just want to force dsplayer to be the default player for ALL Formats possible so i can get the best possible quality playback with madvr and lav, a drag and drop option would be appreciated for sure
well , anybody?
If i upgrade my old 17.6 DSPlayer, to this one. I will lose my configurations?

And just to know. Any chance of a KODI 18 DSPlayer?
(2020-04-27, 00:17)Maliquem Wrote: If i upgrade my old 17.6 DSPlayer, to this one. I will lose my configurations?

And just to know. Any chance of a KODI 18 DSPlayer?

Nope, I just upgraded this morning and all worked fine - noting that certain things like GUI Audio are turned off as stated in the first post.
Hhello,

This Kodi supports HDR??
Thanks
Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes. I'm using DSPlayer, used to use the original version, now at this 17.7 version. In both cases I have a slight problem.

My HTPC has an nVidia GeForce GTX 1650 gpu. In 23p/24p I can set colour space to 12 bits. I'm assuming this is better than 8 bits for 4K HDR videos which are encoded in 10 bits?  (Unfortunately, the GeForce cards don't do 10 bits over HDMI. Stupid.)

Anyway, if I set it to 12 bits, that works splendidly in DSPlayer. See the top line in the statistics: https://imgur.com/a/Y4myOVM

The problem is, that after shutting down and restarting my HTPC, the drivers have reverted to 8 bits. See: https://imgur.com/a/zkZsrgz

Re-setting the driver to 12 bits each time is not very user friendly, so I would like that the drivers retain their setting through rebooting.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution?
Thank you first for all the effort you have undertaken in bringing this old fork back to life. I would not have expected to see this 2020 when Kodi 19 is abuzz and everyone speaks of it, not DSPlayer, with baited breath.

I am contacting because of an issue I am noticing with this fork of DSPlayer, where 4:3 videos cannot be configured to fill an entire 16:9 screen, which I have verified this. In the final release of the original fork of DSPlayer, I could simply set 4:3 videos to 1.33, 1.33 for Zoom Amount and Pixel Ratio and they would fill my entire 16:9 screen. For some reason, whenever I attempt to set the pixel ratio beyond 1.00, the latest fork mistakenly gets larger in the Y dimension (or higher) instead of making the pixel shorter as I approach 4:3, or 1.33. Upon closer inspection, the issue is this fork of DSPlayer has the issue where when it hits the inflection point at 1.00, the pixel ratio reference axis suddenly rotates 90 and mistakenly inverts and attempts to reach 4:3 with the y-axis as the reference, no longer the x-axis. Can you fix this? Thank you!
@hifihedgehog
Thanks for the good description. While rewriting/fixing the picture size handling i recreated the pixel ratio function to function similar to Original Kodi. I don't have the time to go into much detail due to much private stuff going on in these crazy times, but in short:
Could you provide a sample snippet via dropbox (or similar) of your 4:3 file for me to check out at a later time?
I don't have any 4:3 content and this would be a help. I would look into comparing "Original Kodi", "DSPlayer", "DSPlayer BETTERGUI" and see if any changes could and/or should be made.
Thanks
this i can confirm as well , when i have a video with borders and i zoom in on my 16:9 screen and set the aspect to 16:9 in old dsplayer it would properly zoom to the edges of the screen with additional vertical pixel ratio adjustment , in this one it dont , same issue as mentioned and also movies start in this shrinked screen output in the center , i gotta select custom zoom as aspect for it not to do so , in old dsplayer it was set to 16:9 and didnt shrink the window to the center of the screen at half size , indeed an current issue 

btw if possible add as said dsplayer playback support for this >

anybody know how i can get this to play bdmvs and vobs with dsplayer as videoplayer , help would be appreciated, i come from the previous dsplayer build, just want to force dsplayer to be the default player for ALL Formats possible so i can get the best possible quality playback with madvr and lav, a drag and drop option would be appreciated for sure

mind you this stopped being possible since ive updgraded to kodi 17 dsplayer previous versions worked with aforementioned formats in dsplayer

one more issue ive noticed with it is the skipping ahead is alot slower aka much smaller increments , im using the xperience1080 skin

and yes the dsplayer branch is still superior,  ...just needs some love again

btw notice another issue when in files mode and youre in a video folder and select a video file ,it wont play you have to call up the menu and select play instead , something with your update that messes with xperience1080
Hi, wondering if anyone knows why swapping between full screen and windowed mode, using the "\" key sometimes causes kodi to crash. did not have this problem with original 17.6 ds build. also may be related to multiple displays.

any info would be appreciated!
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8