• 22(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
Ashlar isnt a dev, maybe you are thinking of aracnoz who built built the original version or axbmcuser who built this one.

There are detailed instructions all over the place which outline how to create your rules, you need to read up and do something yourself fella or you'll be back here every time somethning goes wrong, at some point, like I did you just have to do some reading and learn a bit about the software you are using, its not rocket science.
(2020-05-26, 22:19)mclingo Wrote: Ashlar isnt a dev, maybe you are thinking of aracnoz who built built the original version or axbmcuser who built this one.

There are detailed instructions all over the place which outline how to create your rules, you need to read up and do something yourself fella or you'll be back here every time somethning goes wrong, at some point, like I did you just have to do some reading and learn a bit about the software you are using, its not rocket science.
ah shit ...your right ive meant aracnoz, lols, my bad ...still a helpful dude ...wonder if he will ever show up for dsplayer again ..would be neat, anyhow concerning rocket science ...pretty much most of everything that has to do with advanced level stuff with programs , yes even kodi is way over my head , so yes..ill always be returning to kodis support threads for this..hence why its called ...you guessed it..support, so some help would be appreciated once again , hope someone actually helpful can lend a hand ,thanks guys
its not IT support, you pay for that, this is a forum and there has to be give and take, we can help you learn but its not fair to ask people to do everthing for you. Try it, if you get stuck we'll help you if you provide shots of where you are stuck.
(2020-05-27, 20:52)mclingo Wrote: its not IT support, you pay for that, this is a forum and there has to be give and take, we can help you learn but its not fair to ask people to do everthing for you. Try it, if you get stuck we'll help you if you provide shots of where you are stuck.
Exactly. Kodi DSPlayer (even this version which is much improved!) is about the most difficult version of Kodi to setup and get running. There are other versions that support HDR which are easier to use and basically work out of the box. If this is too difficult to setup, and you aren't willing to try things and let us know what's working/not working, then maybe try a different version of Kodi. Trying to walk people with no experience through this from beginning to end, is not a simple task, and is probably fraught with frustration and problems.

Either put in the effort yourself and then ask for help, or use a different player.
(2020-05-28, 04:43)Mordred Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 20:52)mclingo Wrote: its not IT support, you pay for that, this is a forum and there has to be give and take, we can help you learn but its not fair to ask people to do everthing for you. Try it, if you get stuck we'll help you if you provide shots of where you are stuck.
Exactly. Kodi DSPlayer (even this version which is much improved!) is about the most difficult version of Kodi to setup and get running. There are other versions that support HDR which are easier to use and basically work out of the box. If this is too difficult to setup, and you aren't willing to try things and let us know what's working/not working, then maybe try a different version of Kodi. Trying to walk people with no experience through this from beginning to end, is not a simple task, and is probably fraught with frustration and problems.

Either put in the effort yourself and then ask for help, or use a different player. 

wtf? how in hell is this version apparently so much more difficult to get setup , am i the only one that wants said setup aka dsplayer for EVERYTHING?

and wtf is that supposed to mean kodi forums ...for kodi isnt IT support, this is a community , either help out and take on my issue or let it be but stop being a bitch about it , thanks, i shall be waiting for someone more helpful , i hope someone actually able to help out will come along.
long time dsplayer user here. just installed this 2020 build.

so far so good Smile

the problem is that my profile groups within MADVR is not being applied according to the "profile auto select rules".
MADVR is indeed active, ctrl+J confirms this.

when using MPC-HC with MADVR or the old kodi dsplayer then no problems, the profiles are correctly applied.

I have profile group named "DSPlayer Profile Group" which have some rules setup up.
like this:
if (display == "Sony TV") and (srcWidth < 1080) 
"TV Profile.720p"
else if (display == "Sony TV") and (srcWidth < 2160)
"TV Profile.1080p"

and so forth.

as I said the profile selection above is not run.

anyone else using similar and have this working correctly ?
or do I need to rename the profile group name ?

@hentai23

The reason this path was taken was that some of the plugins wont work with MADVR and its easier to have plugins defaulting to default video player and then a rule for which file types that will play in MADVR, this may also make further dev easier.

The older version which is essentially the same player plays everything, just use that.

OLD PLAYER:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...5&page=483
(2020-05-28, 18:26)gibman Wrote: long time dsplayer user here. just installed this 2020 build.

so far so good Smile

the problem is that my profile groups within MADVR is not being applied according to the "profile auto select rules".
MADVR is indeed active, ctrl+J confirms this.......................
Did you upgrade over the top of the other build or are you using a new build using portable which is the better option?, if you are using portable, does the old version still work properly, are you sure?
(2020-05-28, 18:26)gibman Wrote: I have profile group named "DSPlayer Profile Group" which have some rules setup up.
like this:
if (display == "Sony TV") and (srcWidth < 1080) 
"TV Profile.720p"
else if (display == "Sony TV") and (srcWidth < 2160)
"TV Profile.1080p"
From your screenshot, it looks like the device is actually "Sony TV AVR" and not "Sony TV" that would be why it isn't matching any of your profiles.
(2020-05-28, 18:28)mclingo Wrote: @hentai23

The reason this path was taken was that some of the plugins wont work with MADVR and its easier to have plugins defaulting to default video player and then a rule for which file types that will play in MADVR, this may also make further dev easier.

The older version which is essentially the same player plays everything, just use that.

OLD PLAYER:

same issue ...tbh had this for as soon as i left frodo dsplayer whereas it worked with custom setup playercorefactory settings and set to use external filters and rules management , ...ever since , ive had issues getting bdmv and vob to work and really at a point where i want to be able to use dsplayer for said formats again, so please if anyone would be able to help out , it would be very nice indeed aka Dsplayer as default for EVERYTHING..once again, thanks in advance indeed

p.s said bug with dsplayer current build still stands and really needs fixing , aint no smallfry >  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2945429
(2020-05-29, 09:14)hentai23 Wrote:
(2020-05-28, 18:28)mclingo Wrote: @hentai23

OLD PLAYER:

same issue ...tbh had this for as soon as i left frodo dsplayer whereas it worked with custom setup playercorefactory settings and set to use external filters and rules management , ...ever since , ive had issues getting bdmv and vob to work and really at a point where i want to be able to use dsplayer for said formats again, so please if anyone would be able to help out , it would be very nice indeed aka Dsplayer as default for EVERYTHING..once again, thanks in advance indeed

p.s said bug with dsplayer current build still stands and really needs fixing , aint no smallfry >  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2945429

ok, i've stripped down my own portable build and zipped it up for you, I tested it working but it might not work on your system if filters or MADVR is installed in a different location, my LAV filters are installed in default c program files location so that shouldnt be an issue but I store my MADVR folder on T drive, it may just work  though.

How to use:

Extract it 
run the kodi shortcut to run it, dont run KODI.exe, the shortcut has a -p parameter which ensures any addons and settings you setup yourself remain in the portable data folder and not in app data on your PC.

Using portable is always the best option as you can have as many version as you like on your PC all using the same MAD/LAV components.

If this doesnt work you can at at least extract out of it what you want.

PM me for the download link, i/m only giving this to you and I wont be providing any " IT support" on it...
thanks shall try ...btw i use portable as well , it is indeed the best way
only issue i have currently with it is all my settings are gone , how do i get those back, ive backed up my kodi before overwriting of course , would be appreciated
(2020-05-31, 15:59)hentai23 Wrote: only issue i have currently with it is all my settings are gone , how do i get those back, ive backed up my kodi before overwriting of course , would be appreciated
update> ok figured it out, simply restored all my userdata folder over yours except for dsplayer folder and playercorefactory but your playercorefactory and dsplayerfolder still dont use dsplayer to playback bdmv and vob files , it uses videoplayer,  anybody able to help out , itd be appreciated alot
i tested both myself before I zipped it up, you must have wiped the rule when you copied it over some how.

goto settings
player settings
dsplayer - player rules (editor)

your screen should look like this, if it doesnt simply type in what is missing from the FILE TYPES line.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgvFafeelEBik-BdtyfG...A?e=H3mDwc
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8