• 112(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
(2020-06-15, 12:48)maher Wrote:
(2020-06-13, 12:13)wsx1 Wrote: Very good skin. I use zephyr but I want to migrate to this.
Only a few request.
I like clearlogo in top of skin like the photo in example.
Any chance to add it or can you tell me how I can mod my skin to have it?
Also.
I like have the landscape fanart very clear. How can have it like my photo?
Thanks.
ImageImage
skin.arctic.horizon/media/common/
delete vignette.png vignette_full.png
Smile Smile restart skin 
Be careful deleting files; other components of the skin's code might need it to work properly.
(2020-03-19, 07:55)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 04:52)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 04:20)Edworld Wrote: You are onky missing tvdb ratings

As well as RottenTomatoes, Metacritic, and IMDb, according to @jurialmunkey...

Those were never available for tvshows because they are provided by OMDb (whether SkinHelper or otherwise) and OMDb doesn't provide rating info for tvshows.

The only ratings that have ever been available for tvshows are:
TMDb, TVDb and Library Rating.

With TMDbHelper, you lose TVDb but gain Trakt ratings (plus you also get other ratings for movies including RT audience score which SkinHelper didn't have).
You probably know this already but OMDb is now scraping IMDB TV show ratings:

<root response="True">
<movie title="Game of Thrones" year="2011–2019" rated="TV-MA" released="17 Apr 2011" runtime="57 min" genre="Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance" director="N/A" writer="David Benioff, D.B. Weiss" actors="Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington" plot="Nine noble families fight for control over the lands of Westeros, while an ancient enemy returns after being dormant for millennia." language="English" country="USA, UK" awards="Won 1 Golden Globe. Another 374 wins & 602 nominations.
metascore="N/A" imdbRating="9.3" imdbVotes="1,679,892" imdbID="tt0944947" type="series" tomatoMeter="N/A" tomatoImage="N/A" tomatoRating="N/A" tomatoReviews="N/A" tomatoFresh="N/A" tomatoRotten="N/A" tomatoConsensus="N/A" tomatoUserMeter="N/A" tomatoUserRating="N/A" tomatoUserReviews="N/A" tomatoeURL="N/A" DVD="N/A" BoxOffice="N/A" Production="N/A" Website="N/A"/>
(2020-06-16, 04:19)Edworld Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 07:55)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 04:52)drinfernoo Wrote: As well as RottenTomatoes, Metacritic, and IMDb, according to @jurialmunkey...

Those were never available for tvshows because they are provided by OMDb (whether SkinHelper or otherwise) and OMDb doesn't provide rating info for tvshows.

With TMDbHelper, you lose TVDb but gain Trakt ratings (plus you also get other ratings for movies including RT audience score which SkinHelper didn't have).

<root response="True">
<movie title="Game of Thrones" year="2011–2019" rated="TV-MA" released="17 Apr 2011" runtime="57 min" genre="Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance" director="N/A" writer="David Benioff, D.B. Weiss" actors="Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington" plot="Nine noble families fight for control over the lands of Westeros, while an ancient enemy returns after being dormant for millennia." language="English" country="USA, UK" awards="Won 1 Golden Globe. Another 374 wins & 602 nominations.
metascore="N/A" imdbRating="9.3" imdbVotes="1,679,892" imdbID="tt0944947" type="series" tomatoMeter="N/A" tomatoImage="N/A" tomatoRating="N/A" tomatoReviews="N/A" tomatoFresh="N/A" tomatoRotten="N/A" tomatoConsensus="N/A" tomatoUserMeter="N/A" tomatoUserRating="N/A" tomatoUserReviews="N/A" tomatoeURL="N/A" DVD="N/A" BoxOffice="N/A" Production="N/A" Website="N/A"/>

I knew that they got the IMDb rating - but I didn't think it was worth getting OMDb lookups for tvshows just for imdb rating. However, I just noticed that some tvshows actually have rottentomatoes ratings and golden globe award win data -- I didn't realise it got that data for tvshows!

So latest version of TMDbHelper combined with the latest version of the skin will now display this info if it is available (Doesn't seem like many have rottentomatoes - only ones I've seen so far are Breaking Bad and Simpsons - but quite a few have awards data).

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi Jurial, Kodi has been failing to start when using Arctic Horizon, it crashes back to the desktop when it gets to the Horizon loading screen. The debug log says something about not being able to load an include.

https://pastebin.com/k1sf6aAS

Any ideas? It doesn't happen when using Aura, though guessing it's some other script that is causing the issue. Advanced Emulator Launcher maybe?
(2020-06-16, 22:34)braz Wrote: Hi Jurial, Kodi has been failing to start when using Arctic Horizon, it crashes back to the desktop when it gets to the Horizon loading screen. The debug log says something about not being able to load an include.

https://pastebin.com/k1sf6aAS

Any ideas? It doesn't happen when using Aura, though guessing it's some other script that is causing the issue. Advanced Emulator Launcher maybe?

I can't really tell anything from the log.

The error getting include message is not really important. That happens in a lot of skins and won't cause a crash.

Skin loads fine for me on both windows and libreelec.

When did this start happening? My guess would be that you've add a widget that kodi doesn't like or something hasn't installed properly. Either that or corrupted skinshortcuts setup.
(2020-06-16, 14:15)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-06-16, 04:19)Edworld Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 07:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: Those were never available for tvshows because they are provided by OMDb (whether SkinHelper or otherwise) and OMDb doesn't provide rating info for tvshows.

<root response="True">

I knew that they got the IMDb rating - but I didn't think it was worth getting OMDb lookups for tvshows just for imdb rating. However, I just noticed that some tvshows actually have rottentomatoes ratings and golden globe award win data -- I didn't realise it got that data for tvshows!

So latest version of TMDbHelper combined with the latest version of the skin will now display this info if it is available (Doesn't seem like many have rottentomatoes - only ones I've seen so far are Breaking Bad and Simpsons - but quite a few have awards data).

Thanks for adding tvshows and globes.

The only other awards that OMDb offers is BAFTA but I have no idea how many movies are out there with BAFTA award and no oscars.

One other thing I noticed with the tmdb helper is that you have a property for the rotten tomato image. In the past you made a comment that it was difficult to determine what movie is certified and that is why you just show the tomato. With your property you can show the image on the property on omdb . I hope this makes sense.

edit: this ListItem.Property(RottenTomatoes_Image)

Hi,

i stumbled upon your beautiful skin yesterday and im really happy with it,
as long time AZ user this skin brings a bit more color to my setup.

one question.

is it possible to "use submenu hub for fullscreen widgets" 
instead of
"use showcase hub for fullscreen widgets"

so basically i want the submenu hub showing for tv and movies,
can i maybe edit something in the skin to achieve this?

thx for this awesome skin
(2020-06-18, 11:04)scr44tch Wrote: Hi,

i stumbled upon your beautiful skin yesterday and im really happy with it,
as long time AZ user this skin brings a bit more color to my setup.

one question.

is it possible to "use submenu hub for fullscreen widgets" 
instead of
"use showcase hub for fullscreen widgets"

so basically i want the submenu hub showing for tv and movies,
can i maybe edit something in the skin to achieve this?

thx for this awesome skin

It's on his radar Big Grin
@jurialmunkey, would you entertain the idea of a "low list" viewtype? I made a super rough mockup just to give an idea of what I have in mind:
(2020-06-19, 16:36)drinfernoo Wrote: @jurialmunkey, would you entertain the idea of a "low list" viewtype? I made a super rough mockup just to give an idea of what I have in mind:

sorry for the off topic, but what triggers the WEB icon?
Constant redrawing of the home screen?

Not sure if that is the correct term but often when I open kodi, I get a black screen and then all my home screen 
options are gone, it then does a very slow "setting up skin shortcuts", and eventually my menus are restored. 

I understand when this happens when I make a change to the menu, but is it normal for this to happen all the time?
(2020-06-19, 21:02)lightsout Wrote: Constant redrawing of the home screen?

Not sure if that is the correct term but often when I open kodi, I get a black screen and then all my home screen 
options are gone, it then does a very slow "setting up skin shortcuts", and eventually my menus are restored. 

I understand when this happens when I make a change to the menu, but is it normal for this to happen all the time?
All the time or when you open Kodi? It will happen when you boot it up or make changes in settings.
(2020-06-19, 21:02)lightsout Wrote: Constant redrawing of the home screen?

Sounds like the skin updated to a newer version.

When the skin updates the scripts need to rebuild the shortcuts and viewtype includes. The home screen will be blank because there's no shortcuts includes file for the widget/menus because an update overwrites the skin folder.

Probably feels like it happens a lot because there are fairly frequent updates at the moment. If it is happening after updates, that's normal. If it is happening every reboot, then something weird is happening.

When the skin gets to a more stable state, this will be much less frequent.
(2020-06-19, 17:36)Edworld Wrote:
(2020-06-19, 16:36)drinfernoo Wrote: @jurialmunkey, would you entertain the idea of a "low list" viewtype? I made a super rough mockup just to give an idea of what I have in mind:

sorry for the off topic, but what triggers the WEB icon?
If the file doesn't have video resolution codec info (otherwise it shows resolution quality - sd hd 4k).

If there's no codec info then I assume the content must be Web based because there's only no codec info if there's no local file.

Having horizontal button layout doesn't make sense with a vertical list - it just makes navigation awkward.

I'm not a fan of mixing directions of info as it makes your eyes work a lot. Vertical navigation should have the screen split into columns and horizontal navigation into rows - that way there is a clear hierarchy of how your eyes should move.
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7