• 16(current)
Release script favourites
not a whole lot you can do, addons do not support path substitution.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hm :-(
I tried setting the full path to the favorites.xml in default.py (instead of special://...) but that didn't work either?
if only things were that easy ;-)

give that another shot with version:
script.favourites-7.1.4.zip
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'll test asap.
Atm I can't test, as the skin that's using it (xonfluence) always runs out of memory on RPi3 cause of filter nodes needed for my custom main menu... :-(
This may sound like a silly question, but I cannot find the favourites script in the Kodi repo (clean LibreELEC 9.2.0 / Kodi 18.5 setup). I've seen my skin moan about it a few times though in the Kodi log.

Am I overlooking something? Searching the add-ons for 'favori' or 'favouri' should match, I reckon... The wiki suggests the add-on is still alive.

Thanks!
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
helper addons will not show up in a search, they are meant to be installed automatically when you install a skin that requires it.

if that somehow did not happen, you can get it here:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/script.favourites/
Thanks ronie. Check my skin's dependencies - no trace of the script in its addon.xml indeed.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Ver 8.1.0 error after new install in Kodi 19 master nightly (sticky repo tester)

This error came up after installing script.favourites in the sticky repo tester but I don't think it is related to the PR.  See log  efopiyiwed.kodi (paste)
I took a look at the code and it seems like a bit has changed on how favourites are stored?  Anyway my guess is that  _get_favs isn't returning anything on a fresh install so favourites isn't defined hence _set_properties(listing) is bombing out?

scott s.
thanx for the report @scott967 
indeed the addon will crash if no favourites are found.

will fix...
Ver 8.1.1 is terminating in latest nightlies (tested Win x64 0702).

Problem is when call to json is made:
Code:
data = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"Favourites.GetFavourites", "params":{"properties":["window", "windowparameter", "thumbnail", "path"]}, "id":1}')

the response I'm getting from Kodi is:
Code:
script.favourites: favs: {'error': {'code': -32601, 'message': 'Method not found.'}, 'id': 1, 'jsonrpc': '2.0'}
so getting a KeyError exception when _get_favs tries to return with ['result']
please provide a full Debug Log.
@ronie , I have been asked many times, and, while I know the answer to be no, figured I would ask you.  Is there any way to have the favorites dialog support changing view types? Or is this a core limitation/design choice and not controlled by the addon?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-03, 21:25)ronie Wrote: please provide a full Debug Log.

Here you go:

remocamive.kodi (paste)

script is launched from skin home window via:
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.favourites) + ![String.IsEmpty(skin.string(favouriteswidget)) | Skin.HasSetting(nofavouriteswidget)]">RunScript(script.favourites)</onload>

note that I added a log export in favourites.py to see what the favs variable was getting from Kodi.

Edit:

Did a little snooping in the log and I see
Code:
JSONRPC v11.11.0: Successfully initialized
is getting logged after the script runs.  But looking at other nightlies running the same skin I see that line before the script runs.  Maybe that has something to do with it?  (race condition)

scott s.
(2020-07-03, 21:37)bsoriano Wrote: @ronie , I have been asked many times, and, while I know the answer to be no, figured I would ask you.  Is there any way to have the favorites dialog support changing view types? Or is this a core limitation/design choice and not controlled by the addon?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

the favourites dialog is part of kodi, it indeed is not related to this addon.
only media windows support multiple views. regular windows (and all dialogs) don't have this functionality.
(2020-07-03, 21:47)scott967 Wrote: Did a little snooping in the log and I see
Code:
JSONRPC v11.11.0: Successfully initialized
is getting logged after the script runs. 

yeah, that could indeed be the issue. if json is not up-and-running, i guess all addons that make a json-rpc request will fail.
i did some testing and i can reproduce it... even with older nightlies from 6 months ago.

could you create an issue for it? https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script favourites2