• 82(current)
v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)
I'm using RPi4b with release #1707.
I was given a USB DVD/CD Player recently. Its a LiteOn Model eTAU108.
If I plug it in with a CD in it it is detected and a Disc appears where I can play a CD.
However if I put a retail DVD disc in I get a file list. I haven't tried to play and of the myriad of files.
I have country code set to 4 (Oceania) in the Player menu and auto play enabled.
I've tried adding as a library but lists as the DVD name rather than a device. When I click on that I get the list again.

What should I do?
(2020-08-19, 19:29)mcelliott Wrote:
(2020-08-19, 19:23)querty1000 Wrote: is there still development going on? It has been quiet here for over a month. At least 4k SDR and 3D output should be realized (won't dream about HDR). I am now celebrating the RPi4 lying around unused for over a year
Just use it!

My TV server is running latest official libreelec, and my living room system is running the latest testbuild, both on RPi4.
What is your advantage against an RPi3? The official Rpi4 build can't 3D nor Dolby Atmos, DTS Master and so on, the inoffical can't 3D and 4k. The RPi3 can at least 3D. The zidoo, wich i like to replace plays it all, but use an ugly wrapper to an internal player because the vido engine is closed source. So for the daily use i'm living with an ugly wrapper instead of not playing my 3D movies or not playing my 4k movies.
(2020-08-20, 07:11)querty1000 Wrote:
(2020-08-19, 19:29)mcelliott Wrote:
(2020-08-19, 19:23)querty1000 Wrote: is there still development going on? It has been quiet here for over a month. At least 4k SDR and 3D output should be realized (won't dream about HDR). I am now celebrating the RPi4 lying around unused for over a year
Just use it!

My TV server is running latest official libreelec, and my living room system is running the latest testbuild, both on RPi4.
What is your advantage against an RPi3? The official Rpi4 build can't 3D nor Dolby Atmos, DTS Master and so on, the inoffical can't 3D and 4k. The RPi3 can at least 3D. The zidoo, wich i like to replace plays it all, but use an ugly wrapper to an internal player because the vido engine is closed source. So for the daily use i'm living with an ugly wrapper instead of not playing my 3D movies or not playing my 4k movies.

I don't use 3D or Dolby Atmos. You have to look at the features that you use and make a decision. I am just commenting that for my usage, a RPi4 works perfectly, so there is no reason not to use it.
Anyway - it would be cool to see some progress even if not every user uses all features.
(2020-08-21, 10:38)querty1000 Wrote: Anyway - it would be cool to see some progress even if not every user uses all features.

Is 9.8a still active? Or is this branch in hiatus?
chook55
it seems the silence is your answer
rip :-(
(2020-08-31, 08:32)querty1000 Wrote: it seems the silence is your answer

I saw somewhere on these forums that developers are waiting for KODI to catch up to Libreelec.  I have tried the  latest 9.2.5a release for the RPi4. Some of the plugins had trouble after restoring from a 9.8a backup so after not seeing any immediate benefit I went back to the millhouse 9.8 build 1707.  Until something breaks or better comes along I'll stay here.
(2020-08-31, 12:57)chook55 Wrote:
(2020-08-31, 08:32)querty1000 Wrote: it seems the silence is your answer

I saw somewhere on these forums that developers are waiting for KODI to catch up to Libreelec.  I have tried the  latest 9.2.5a release for the RPi4. Some of the plugins had trouble after restoring from a 9.8a backup so after not seeing any immediate benefit I went back to the millhouse 9.8 build 1707.  Until something breaks or better comes along I'll stay here.
millhouse: can do higher soundformats such as Atmos or Dolby Master. cannot 4k output (UHD movies will played in 1080p), cannot 3D
official 9.2.5: plays UHD movies in 4k, can't atmos and Dolby HD formats, can't 3D.
(2020-08-19, 21:57)sanity Wrote: I use my RPi4 with Kodi everyday. Sure, I'd love to see the HDR/4K working perfect but in the meantime it does play other formats and all audio formats very good atm Smile

Are you referring to LibreELEC? Is it playing 4K (without HDR) as well as HD audio on the Pi4?
Sad things
(2020-09-04, 19:01)zypy Wrote: Sad things

very sad indeed.

Anyone know if once 19 official is released, is there en easy upgrade path from the latest nightly to the official build, or will it need a wipe clean and fresh install?
(2020-09-04, 22:18)J_E_F_F Wrote: Anyone know if once 19 official is released, is there en easy upgrade path from the latest nightly to the official build, or will it need a wipe clean and fresh install?

In general you can upgrade to stable builds from these without issue.
But it may depend whether settings or dependencies have changed in a non-backwards compatible way.

Uninstalling and reinstalling an addon will probably resolve issues if there are any.
As this nightly builds are dead now, I wonder if it would be possible to set up automated travis builds on github for this new branches?
There are nightly LE builds here: https://test.libreelec.tv/

but it will only test what has been merged into the LE tree.
Kodi, kernel, firmware and external libs only get merged into LE periodically (you can watch the github repo to see what is merged), so you may not see a bug fix or new feature until some time later.
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)8