• 13(current)
Release YouTube
Me2...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2020-11-26, 11:27)C.O.D. Wrote: Me2...

I have also suddenly lost my subscriptions. Everything else seems to work. “My subscriptions” folder all of a sudden went empty. 6.8.8
Me also, two different installs lost subscription feed but all other feeds are still there.
I can also confirm that "My Subscriptions" is blank for me (stopped working in the last 24 hours). The "Saved Playlists" entry stopped working sometime in the past few weeks as well.
Quote:Same here - I did read somewhere (one of the YouTube dev emails?) that the YouTube API was getting rid of 'My Subscriptions' but didn't think it would effect the add-on
Someone just said this on Github.

The "My Subscriptions" maybe was the most useful thing. Wow, if that is true and the reason (and cant be "worked-around") then YouTube is dead for me. At least for viewing long-time videos on TV.
In my country, germany, they started to delete a lot of videos anyway - one may could call that censorship...

Please someone, with time, do a useful LBRY.tv Kodi plugin Wink
(2020-11-26, 15:35)iceman20k Wrote:
Quote:Same here - I did read somewhere (one of the YouTube dev emails?) that the YouTube API was getting rid of 'My Subscriptions' but didn't think it would effect the add-on
Someone just said this on Github.

The "My Subscriptions" maybe was the most useful thing. Wow, if that is true and the reason (and cant be "worked-around") then YouTube is dead for me. At least for viewing long-time videos on TV.
In my country, germany, they started to delete a lot of videos anyway - one may could call that censorship...

Please someone, with time, do a useful LBRY.tv Kodi plugin Wink

Playlists still work fine though. Losing My Subscriptions would be a big nuisance, but the add-on would still be worthwhile. I'd just end up adding videos to my primary playlist from my phone or computer instead of directly from Kodi.
Again, from Github, a work-around: https://stackoverflow.com/a/23620166/646215

Regarding the benfits sounds like a good solution for me. Maybe takes some more time to "create" the list, if not parallelized, but thats ok with me.
The "My Subscriptions" defintaley was the most used point of the plugin by me. Yes you can _look for_ and add vidoes to your history or playlists since they still work, but still it is pure pain to me instead of just using one click. Seems to me like YouTube is doing everything to get rid of their users Tongue
Its insane they remove key feature. Of all the feeds to pull they choose the main one most people would use.
Just wondering , I use the "Subscription" folder way down the list(it's like the 14th option) for my subscribed channels. It is still working fine, have ya'll tried that folder?
I think I remember this happening before and it just started to work again after a day or two. Fingers crossed it's the same this time.
(2020-11-26, 16:35)Wanderlei Wrote: Its insane they remove key feature. Of all the feeds to pull they choose the main one most people would use.

from their official apps in the most desperate devices they probably won't even notice it..... we always remember that youtube does not have its own official addons for kodi and it is only thanks to the current work of @anxdpanic (but at the same time I wouldn't want to be disrespectful to those who developed it in the past obviously).

It would be curious to know if this completely cuts off the functioning of this addons.... we will probably have some news in the next few hours....
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2020-11-26, 16:55)poppascoop Wrote: Just wondering , I use the "Subscription" folder way down the list(it's like the 14th option) for my subscribed channels. It is still working fine, have ya'll tried that folder?

That works fine, but browsing into several dozen channels individually each time I want to check for updates is just impractical.
Again, from Github, since some maybe are interessted (please tell me if this relaying is not cool, just tryin to be helpful Tongue):
From the Coder (anxdpanic):
Quote:I haven't had time to check yet, but this has been expected for quite a while. 
My Subscriptions, Saved Playlists, and Purchases all use the API that was provided by the leanback interface (https://www.youtube.com/tv), which was discontinued October of last year iirc.

Link: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../issues/56
(2020-11-26, 18:02)iceman20k Wrote: please tell me if this relaying is not cool, just tryin to be helpful Tongue):
It's helpful to me. I've been checking here since "My Subscriptions" failed yesterday.
I'm having a hard time understanding why Youtube got rid of this feature.

Sure - I get that the whole Youtube video delivery service is just a convenient and incidental mechanism to use as a wrapper around Google's core business activity of shovelling ever more advertising at your eyeballs, but I don't really see how this change will be of any benefit for them in this regard.

Are they trying to unsubtly nudge their users into watching more of their promoted content or increase exposure to additional channels, rather than stick with content from ones they already subscribe to ?
Will this really have an impact on advertising revenue, or reduce costs of delivering the video service ?

Who the hell knows what the mysterious Youtube Black Magic Algorithm Overlord is actually trying to achieve here.  Devil
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0