• 28(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
(2021-01-08, 03:23)cnebrask Wrote: Having an issue bitstreaming TrueHD (atmos) from kodi/plex using dsplayer.  When i play a truehd track i get 7.1 audio on my marantz receiver, not Atmos.  If i play the same video via kodi built in player i get the proper encoding on my receiver.  

Settings in Kodi/DSplayer have been configured per the guide on the first page.  Filter rules in DSPlayer set to use external LAVFilters+XySUbFilter.  Audio FIlter set to LAV Audio Decoder(lavaduidec).

Not sure what to check, any help be appreciated. Am i supposed to set the Audio Codec filed in the media rules?
*edit.  Didn't realize i have to run the configuration batch files in the lav filters folder.. DOH!  Appreciate all the info here, thank you.  Got it working.
(2021-01-08, 03:23)cnebrask Wrote: Having an issue bitstreaming TrueHD (atmos) from kodi/plex using dsplayer.  When i play a truehd track i get 7.1 audio on my marantz receiver, not Atmos.  If i play the same video via kodi built in player i get the proper encoding on my receiver.  

Settings in Kodi/DSplayer have been configured per the guide on the first page.  Filter rules in DSPlayer set to use external LAVFilters+XySUbFilter.  Audio FIlter set to LAV Audio Decoder(lavaduidec).

Not sure what to check, any help be appreciated. Am i supposed to set the Audio Codec filed in the media rules?

*edit.  Didn't realize i had to run the configuration batch files in the lav filters folder.. DOH!  Appreciate all the info here, thank you.  Got it working.
Couple of questions please -

1. I seem to get better performance from MPC-HC and MadVR vs playing same file through Kodi?  Not sure if Kodi installs its own version of MadVR that I need to edit / tune separate from my standard install?
2. I can get Kodi to play a Blu-Ray but it uses the internal player not DSPlayer / MadVR?  Is there a way to get it to play the disc using DSPlayer / MadVR?

Thanks in advance.
(2020-12-20, 06:01)shazza6887 Wrote: Hi All,

I am trying to set my HTPS to my nx7's native res, I can set it to 4096x2160 in windows, set it to the same in Kodi for the Gui although i think i may need to resize it as the giu doesnt look right.

Problem is when i load a video it is still displaying in 38xx, i think i need to whitelist the res somehow but that option does not seem to be there?

Any one had the same issue or know how to fix?

Cheers

DOes not matter, because the 4k is 38xxX2160. 
(2021-01-09, 09:20)fire88 Wrote:
(2020-12-20, 06:01)shazza6887 Wrote: Hi All,

I am trying to set my HTPS to my nx7's native res, I can set it to 4096x2160 in windows, set it to the same in Kodi for the Gui although i think i may need to resize it as the giu doesnt look right.

Problem is when i load a video it is still displaying in 38xx, i think i need to whitelist the res somehow but that option does not seem to be there?

Any one had the same issue or know how to fix?

Cheers
DOes not matter, because the 4k is 38xxX2160.
Does anyone have a simple way to get the external filters working?  I just want to be able to use the most up dated lav filters.  Is there a simple file someone can give me to drop in that will allow those to work?Something got screwed up on my system that is breaking the 3d and I have it partly working on mpc-BE with latest lav filters and madvr and when I come into this program I can't get 3d working.  Much easier to troubleshoot if I'm actually using the same versions of the software.
(2021-01-13, 23:54)robl45 Wrote: Does anyone have a simple way to get the external filters working?  I just want to be able to use the most up dated lav filters.  Is there a simple file someone can give me to drop in that will allow those to work?Something got screwed up on my system that is breaking the 3d and I have it partly working on mpc-BE with latest lav filters and madvr and when I come into this program I can't get 3d working.  Much easier to troubleshoot if I'm actually using the same versions of the software.
The instructions are on the first page of this thread. Image
(2021-01-14, 00:26)lennie paz Wrote:
(2021-01-13, 23:54)robl45 Wrote: Does anyone have a simple way to get the external filters working?  I just want to be able to use the most up dated lav filters.  Is there a simple file someone can give me to drop in that will allow those to work?Something got screwed up on my system that is breaking the 3d and I have it partly working on mpc-BE with latest lav filters and madvr and when I come into this program I can't get 3d working.  Much easier to troubleshoot if I'm actually using the same versions of the software.
Not to be stupid, but you still have to have some type of file that guides kodi to those filters right?  That is what I am looking for.
(2021-01-14, 00:38)robl45 Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 00:26)lennie paz Wrote:
Not to be stupid, but you still have to have some type of file that guides kodi to those filters right?  That is what I am looking for.
No, there's a setting in DSPlayer, that points to using the external filters.
So I've spent at least 30 minutes and still external filters do not work.  Could someone kindly point me in the right direction, a simple step by step would be appreciated.  I've installed the filters in the folder as it specifies in the beginning and then I go and tell it to use the media rules and filter configuration.  I clicked on create example media rule and nothing, i changed the file type on that example rule to *.* and still nothing.  I'm thinking I'm missing something simple here.
(2021-01-14, 02:14)robl45 Wrote: So I've spent at least 30 minutes and still external filters do not work.  Could someone kindly point me in the right direction, a simple step by step would be appreciated.  I've installed the filters in the folder as it specifies in the beginning and then I go and tell it to use the media rules and filter configuration.  I clicked on create example media rule and nothing, i changed the file type on that example rule to *.* and still nothing.  I'm thinking I'm missing something simple here.
So after you made a folder in the C drive, you placed all the files in there. That's not actually installing the filters, and that's where I made my mistake. In the LAVFilters_x64 sub folder, you need to install the filters by double clicking the RunAsAdmin-Install file. Did you do that? Do your filter settings look like mine?
(2021-01-14, 05:01)lennie paz Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 02:14)robl45 Wrote: So I've spent at least 30 minutes and still external filters do not work.  Could someone kindly point me in the right direction, a simple step by step would be appreciated.  I've installed the filters in the folder as it specifies in the beginning and then I go and tell it to use the media rules and filter configuration.  I clicked on create example media rule and nothing, i changed the file type on that example rule to *.* and still nothing.  I'm thinking I'm missing something simple here.
So after you made a folder in the C drive, you placed all the files in there. That's not actually installing the filters, and that's where I made my mistake. In the LAVFilters_x64 sub folder, you need to install the filters by double clicking the RunAsAdmin-Install file. Did you do that? Do your filter settings look like mine?

Yes and yes, for now I just overwrote the internal ones until I can figure out out. I really appreciate the help
(2021-01-14, 05:08)robl45 Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 05:01)lennie paz Wrote:

Yes and yes, for now I just overwrote the internal ones until I can figure out out. I really appreciate the help
Hmmmm, I can't think of anything else it could be. I definitely had trouble getting the external filters to work though. I was persistent, because people were saying it's not a good idea to overwrite the internal filters, for some reason. You definitely have Kodi set up to use DSPlayer, right? If you press Y on the keyboard, does it say DSPlayer (default)?
is anyone else having problems with 3d?  Don't know if I'm the only one that uses this for 3d, but about a week ago it stopped working correctly and I can't get it to work now, been working fine for 5 years.

EDIT: just in case it helps someone, apparently windows update jacked it all up, I reverted back to a previous version of windows and and it works perfectly fine the way it used it.
s3d is dead
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8