• 11(current)
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
I just got a Vero 4k and installed the beta as described that is supposed to give 3d support. However, when I try to start an mkv mvc file it played in a compressed thin horizontal line instead of putting the tv in 3d mode. Then when I try to select hardware as the playback option it's just a black screen. Any ideas of how to get this working? I've had it working for years with a raspberry pi but was hoping to use atmos with this Vero.
(2020-12-20, 05:27)tate1293 Wrote: I just got a Vero 4k and installed the beta as described that is supposed to give 3d support. However, when I try to start an mkv mvc file it played in a compressed thin horizontal line instead of putting the tv in 3d mode. Then when I try to select hardware as the playback option it's just a black screen. Any ideas of how to get this working? I've had it working for years with a raspberry pi but was hoping to use atmos with this Vero.

We'll need some more information to advise. Please see https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-subm...t-request/. With some logs we can then verify that you've installed everything and configured your system correctly.

Cheers

Sam
@hdmkv great review

Finally an ALL IN ONE fully embedded Kodi Media player, I need to get one these to test myself.
Good Job OSMC
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Hy, i can't find a Vero box on internet. Is this product still available  or do the name change ? 

Many thanks
looked here ?
https://osmc.tv/store/

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
(2021-01-20, 14:48)buzzqw Wrote: looked here ?

BHH

Perfect, thks you. 

Is not cheap (but PI4 do not run 3D ... ). 

Before i buy it, a little question: This boot directly on Kodi and is it possible to modify kodi parameter such as interface (i use Transparency) ? 

Thanks for your answer
Hi

it a kodi only system. It will boot directly to kodi (it's based on debian linux).
don't know about trasparency, but afaik it is a "normal" kodi install.
just do attention to heavy/hungry cpu skin

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
(2021-01-20, 15:35)billythekid13 Wrote:

BHH

Perfect, thks you. 

Before i buy it, a little question: This boot directly on Kodi and is it possible to modify kodi parameter such as interface (i use Transparency) ? 

Thanks for your answer

Yes, you can change the skin.

Sam
The Trasparency skin runs like a charm on my Vero 4k+.

BHH

Perfect, thks you. 

Thanks for your answer
But please be careful : if you have any problem, OSMC will ask you first to remove any skin, put a final release OS (so you will not be able to watch 3D MVC file..) and remove things you add.

I’m still waiting any news from a new vero to replace the one I had with temperature problems, for which I gave lot of informations they asked me again. But no answer for the moment. I’m so disappointed by this, and hope I’ll have news soon... but I’m still waiting.
(2021-01-25, 00:14)Sinisan Wrote:

BHH

Perfect, thks you. 

Thanks for your answer
But please be careful : if you have any problem, OSMC will ask you first to remove any skin, put a final release OS (so you will not be able to watch 3D MVC file..) and remove things you add.

I’m still waiting any news from a new vero to replace the one I had with temperature problems, for which I gave lot of informations they asked me again. But no answer for the moment. I’m so disappointed by this, and hope I’ll have news soon... but I’m still waiting.

We advised that you reinstalled OSMC as you reported that your device was overheating. Because Kodi and OSMC are both highly configurable, our first recommendation if a user has made a large number of changes is to reinstall to a base system so that we can rule out some variables as being a cause of the problem. 

After receiving your device back, we found no issue, and believe that the issue was caused by the power supply you were using with the device.

Despite the issuing being with the power supply and not the device itself, you asked for a new unit and we shipped you a brand new replacement via La Poste which will be with you shortly.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Sam
(2021-01-25, 00:17)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 00:14)Sinisan Wrote:
(2021-01-20, 15:35)billythekid13 Wrote: Perfect, thks you. 

Thanks for your answer

We advised that you reinstalled OSMC as you reported that your device was overheating. Because Kodi and OSMC are both highly configurable, our first recommendation if a user has made a large number of changes is to reinstall to a base system so that we can rule out some variables as being a cause of the problem. 

After receiving your device back, we found no issue, and believe that the issue was caused by the power supply you were using with the device.

Despite the issuing being with the power supply and not the device itself, you asked for a new unit and we shipped you a brand new replacement via La Poste which will be with you shortly.

Sam

Wait and see. I asked for shipping information, no answer for the moment. I’ll be happy to say everything’s fine.
(2021-01-25, 00:24)Sinisan Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 00:17)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 00:14)Sinisan Wrote: But please be careful : if you have any problem, OSMC will ask you first to remove any skin, put a final release OS (so you will not be able to watch 3D MVC file..) and remove things you add.

Sam

Wait and see. I asked for shipping information, no answer for the moment. I’ll be happy to say everything’s fine.

Shipping details would have been sent via a separate dispatch email.
As mentioned previously, you may wish to re-open a ticket if replying via the web interface; otherwise it will be seen as closed / no follow up required.

Thanks

Sam
(2021-01-25, 00:14)Sinisan Wrote: But please be careful : if you have any problem, OSMC will ask you first to remove any skin, put a final release OS (so you will not be able to watch 3D MVC file..) and remove things you add.
That's entirely understandable and to be expected. If an equipment manufacturer/supplier wants to see if there is a hardware fault with their product, they will want to take it to a standard software configuration and set-up, so they can compare with the same system they have. Running the latest software and a base configuration makes total sense if you are trying to fault-find - it means you are in a 'known good' starting point that matches the systems the manufacturer/supplier has.  Skis and Add-Ons can make a massive impact on device performance - and functionality - so it's understandable that a support request would want to start at a standard, fixed point (standard skin, latest OS release etc.) to nail down whether the issue is with hardware.

I don't think Sam is saying you must run that version of the OS all the time - just that for fault finding remotely, that's the best route to take.

It's kind of the equivalent of doing a 'Factory Reset' which lots of consumer electronics companies ask you to do when fault finding with their support departments.
(2021-01-25, 10:46)noggin Wrote:
That's entirely understandable and to be expected. If an equipment manufacturer/supplier wants to see if there is a hardware fault with their product, they will want to take it to a standard software configuration and set-up, so they can compare with the same system they have. Running the latest software and a base configuration makes total sense if you are trying to fault-find - it means you are in a 'known good' starting point that matches the systems the manufacturer/supplier has.  Skis and Add-Ons can make a massive impact on device performance - and functionality - so it's understandable that a support request would want to start at a standard, fixed point (standard skin, latest OS release etc.) to nail down whether the issue is with hardware.

I don't think Sam is saying you must run that version of the OS all the time - just that for fault finding remotely, that's the best route to take.

It's kind of the equivalent of doing a 'Factory Reset' which lots of consumer electronics companies ask you to do when fault finding with their support departments.
Dear noggin,

thank you very much for your help... but I have to say that I (and probably we) already knew that. Of course, there is history (the tests, the results, the answers… and the conclusions) you don't know.

I just want to warn people about the fact that for the moment, it looks for me a bit "unprecise" (gentle euphemism) to write that "yes, the Vero 4K+ is able to read 3D MVC files", for example.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1