• 40(current)
Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
I do not find a related thread. Do you suggest the Shield TV 2019, the "pipe"?

Thanks
(2020-12-21, 17:24)fbi1970 Wrote: I do not find a related thread. Do you suggest the Shield TV 2019, the "pipe"?

Thanks

From memory I think the 'Tube' (as it seems to be known) isn't recommended because of the reduced memory (2GB RAM and 8GB Flash) and because it has no local USB ports for USB storage.  It also only runs 32 bit Android apps - though that may not be relevant.  

I think most people favour the 2019 Pro model - which has 2 USB 3.0 ports, 3GB of RAM and 16GB of flash.

ISTR that there were some other, non-Kodi, limitations between the two models - possibly that only the Pro supported DV and/or Atmos audio within Android TV streaming apps like Netflix and Prime Video - but I may be wrong.
Hey all. I wondered  if anyone can answer a couple of quick questions? I am currently using the Madnox skin (not sure if that is relevant?) and wondered if.....

a. it was possible to have a movie stop playing when pressing the back button on the remote, or map a button to stop the movie? It currently just goes back to poster wall and the movies keeps playing which I find annoying. Is there a way to have the movie stop by pressing a physical button on the remote control?

b. Is it possible to move forward frame by frame with videos? I have my business CCTV stored on media which I can playback through the Shield pro so having the abilty to go frame by frame would be a great help.

Any advice would be most appreciated  Smile
(2017-11-26, 10:12)Hitcher Wrote: I also prefer to stop the video when pressing back so I added this my keymap -

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
    <FullscreenVideo>
        <keyboard>
            <backspace>Stop</backspace>
        </keyboard>
    </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

If you don't want to mess around editing keymaps you can also use the Keymap Editor addon - just edit the 'fullscreen video' back function to stop.

(2020-01-30, 23:36)Karellen Wrote: I use a keyboard for my remote control on Windows 10

I added the following to my keyboard.xml within the <global> <keyboard> section
xml:
<a mod="alt">xbmc.playercontrol(frameadvance(1))</a>

This is frame advance. When you pause, press ctrl-a the osd will disappear, and the movie will advance one frame. In most cases the frame advance won't be a problem unless you happened to pause on the last frame before the subtitles disappear.
Fantastic thank you very much!

I have now seemingly got a problem with my storage situation. I have four external hard drives with my media on attached to my Shield via a USB hub. 2 X 8TB Seagate desktops and 2 X 4TB potable drives.

Now I had the two portables plugged in and one of the Seagate's all running fine. However when I went to plug in the other Seagate it was not recognised and I got a message saying the drive was corrupt. I unplugged the other one and tried again and it was recognised fine. So both Seagate drives work fine but just not together. Initially I thought I had reached the maximum amount of drives allowed attached at once but it seems that because the Seagate drives are identical the Shield and therefore Kodi won't recognise them as two drives.

I have labelled the drive different names and assigned them different Drive letters on the oc but no luck.

Anyone have any idea how I can get the Shield to see load both drives?
(2021-01-07, 22:24)wonderer99 Wrote: Fantastic thank you very much!

I have now seemingly got a problem with my storage situation. I have four external hard drives with my media on attached to my Shield via a USB hub. 2 X 8TB Seagate desktops and 2 X 4TB potable drives.

Now I had the two portables plugged in and one of the Seagate's all running fine. However when I went to plug in the other Seagate it was not recognised and I got a message saying the drive was corrupt. I unplugged the other one and tried again and it was recognised fine. So both Seagate drives work fine but just not together. Initially I thought I had reached the maximum amount of drives allowed attached at once but it seems that because the Seagate drives are identical the Shield and therefore Kodi won't recognise them as two drives.

I have labelled the drive different names and assigned them different Drive letters on the oc but no luck.

Anyone have any idea how I can get the Shield to see load both drives?
Have you individually mounted the drives in the shield storage page first?
[/quote]
[/quote]

I have never needed to do anything, the drives have always just popped up and been visible as soon as I plug them into the Shield. The trouble is whichever of the two identical 8TB drives I plug in second it says it's corrupt and that it has been safely ejected. Both drives are fine and work on pc and individually on the Shield.

Since my last post I have read quite a few threads all over that have the same sort of issue but yet to find a solution. It definitely seems to be the fact of two identical drives causing the issue. Just need a way for the Shield and in turn Kodi to see them as unique drives somehow.
[/quote]

I have never needed to do anything, the drives have always just popped up and been visible as soon as I plug them into the Shield. The trouble is whichever of the two identical 8TB drives I plug in second it says it's corrupt and that it has been safely ejected. Both drives are fine and work on pc and individually on the Shield.

Since my last post I have read quite a few threads all over that have the same sort of issue but yet to find a solution. It definitely seems to be the fact of two identical drives causing the issue. Just need a way for the Shield and in turn Kodi to see them as unique drives somehow.
[/quote]can you not use diskpart to change the signature of one?
Hello, guys, I'm new in the forum and I'm not exactly sure where this goes, but I hope I'm wrong.

I took on the v19 RC1 of Kodi because it supposedly plays DV, but I gave it a try, played my DV MKV's, m2ts.. nothing.. did I perhaps pick the wrong version of Matrix?

I'd think perhaps it only applies to .mp4 DV, but Kodi explicitly says dynamic DV, so it must mean the MKV's..?
(2021-01-20, 20:20)DavionB473 Wrote: Hello, guys, I'm new in the forum and I'm not exactly sure where this goes, but I hope I'm wrong.

I took on the v19 RC1 of Kodi because it supposedly plays DV, but I gave it a try, played my DV MKV's, m2ts.. nothing.. did I perhaps pick the wrong version of Matrix?

I'd think perhaps it only applies to .mp4 DV, but Kodi explicitly says dynamic DV, so it must mean the MKV's..?

What flavour of DV are the files?  The nVidia Shield TV will only play single-layer DV stuff - not dual layer UHD DV rips left in dual-layer mode (i.e. with two streams - an HDR10 base layer and a DV enhancement layer).  It may also need to be single-layer in an mp4 wrapper still too - I don't know if mkv support is there yet.

AIUI there are solutions to create 'almost single layer' DV from dual-layer DV UHD BDs - which adds the DV RPUs (i.e. the dynamic metadata) to the HDR10 UHD base layer, but if there is significant data in the enhancement layer this is lost in the conversion (as the enhancement layer is ignored in the conversion).

So with these 'almost single layer' DV files you get the benefits of the dynamic metadata, but not the benefit of the added 10->12 bit expansion that the optional, and often unused, enhancement layers provide (on a large number of discs these contain very little).  

There are also issues around the colour space used in the resulting single-layer file - as it is still YCbCr HDR10 based, rather than using the single-layer ICtCp (or IPTPQc2) colour-space that I think Dolby might mandate for single-layer DV files (that are not needing backwards compatibility with YCbCr HDR10 displays) - however the non-standard files seem to play. (I may be misunderstanding elements of this)
Kodi Matrix Master supports Profile 5 mp4 files. At least this was my last test result some weeks ago. There are some custom builds in an early stage which already „support“ P7FEL and P7MEL mkv files (and also P4/P5 and P8 mkv files). With MakeMKV you get P7FEL and P7MEL, so the other profiles are not relevant at the moment.

Here you find the latest custom builds for testing purposes:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3008707

These customs build install into a specific path. So you don’t overwrite your productive Kodi. After the installation you have two Kodi apps on your Shield.

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
After pressing the netflix button for the 300th time tonight I finally did a youtube search and worked out why my button mapper test never worked to disable the netflix button.

Basically there is a setting under accessibility to enable to make it work.

I can't believe it took me this long to realize this but don't install kodi from the google play store, send the apk file over the network and use a dedicated installer app to load the 64bit android version.  system wasn't registering the memory usage correctly before but now it is.  also can now force any version I want such as RC / beta / final / etc.
still have to change audio for passthrough from kodi (default) to android
I have never seen Kodi using more the 1 or maybe 2GB of memory, why do you need such high memory allocation?
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
maybe registering was the wrong word.  in the settings under system information the memory usage was showing constantly maxed out with a constantly fluctuating number next to it.
now using the 64bit version the ram usage "displayed" on the summary page of sys info is stable and showing the proper amount that my shield pro so it can estimate a proper percentage utilized which I definitely like to see.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1