Req Wasapi setting Not showing audio formats on AVR, does not play surround
(2021-03-06, 12:46)vinaysa18 Wrote: PC is not sending audio to AVR.
Fixed because you can hear Kodi GUI souunds

(2021-03-08, 14:12)vinaysa18 Wrote: Wat goes wrong with Wasapi is the question.
Fixed because GUI sounds are using WASAPI too (just stereo).

Next step:  Try play simple AC3 5.1 movie..... to test if AC3 5.1 passtrough is working
(2021-03-09, 12:31)jogal Wrote:
(2021-03-06, 12:46)vinaysa18 Wrote: PC is not sending audio to AVR.
Fixed because you can hear Kodi GUI souunds

(2021-03-08, 14:12)vinaysa18 Wrote: Wat goes wrong with Wasapi is the question.
Fixed because GUI sounds are using WASAPI too (just stereo).

Next step:  Try play simple AC3 5.1 movie..... to test if AC3 5.1 passtrough is working
Ok Just tried with 5.1. I had downloaded dark knight which has DD 5.1 and it works. TheAVR is decoding. 

But TRUE HD asnd DTS MA I cant hear any sound.
Hi
I think i can confidently say, the issue with wasapi to passthrough audio formats is SOLVED.
The issue was definiltely the HDMI firmware update. I had mentioned about this in the earlier thread #44

I had udapted the HDMI firware for my NUC (model #NUC7i5BNB), but still was not working. The firmware version for this was 1.77 (if i am correct)

Now comes the interesting part.
Apprently this firmware update is not mandatory and doesnt pop in automatic downloads by Intel. I had searched this firmware based on the NUC model i have.
And it never worked.

So this time, instead of searching the update using my NUC model number, i just randomly searched for HDMI firmware update and it showed me update for NUC7i5DN. This is differenly model number but had the version 1.78. 

I though i will give it a try. 

My PC updated without any issues and i ran KODI with all sorts of sudio formats and works without any issues.

Now i can see Dolby TrueHD, DTS MA, dolby atmos.. DTS X.. all of it.

So in one line, the firware update meant for my NUC model dint work, i just chose another ver of update which was not meant for my NUC model. 

Thanks to you guys for the wonderful help. I hope this thread helps other people now.   Just posting pics of the HDMI firmware update from Intel.

ImageThis firware version update 1.77.93 DID NOT WORK for NUC7i5BNB.

ImageThis firmware version 1.78 worked.

cheers!!
(2021-03-09, 20:56)vinaysa18 Wrote: Hi
I think i can confidently say, the issue with wasapi to passthrough audio formats is SOLVED.
The issue was definiltely the HDMI firmware update. I had mentioned about this in the earlier thread #44

I had udapted the HDMI firware for my NUC (model #NUC7i5BNB), but still was not working. The firmware version for this was 1.77 (if i am correct)

Now comes the interesting part.
Apprently this firmware update is not mandatory and doesnt pop in automatic downloads by Intel. I had searched this firmware based on the NUC model i have.
And it never worked.

So this time, instead of searching the update using my NUC model number, i just randomly searched for HDMI firmware update and it showed me update for NUC7i5DN. This is differenly model number but had the version 1.78. 

I though i will give it a try. 

My PC updated without any issues and i ran KODI with all sorts of sudio formats and works without any issues.

Now i can see Dolby TrueHD, DTS MA, dolby atmos.. DTS X.. all of it.

So in one line, the firware update meant for my NUC model dint work, i just chose another ver of update which was not meant for my NUC model. 

Thanks to you guys for the wonderful help. I hope this thread helps other people now.   Just posting pics of the HDMI firmware update from Intel.

ImageThis firware version update 1.77.93 DID NOT WORK for NUC7i5BNB.

ImageThis firmware version 1.78 worked.

cheers!!
Wow Intel always sucks when it comes to drivers ...

Since you have the same board (NUC7i5BNB), can you tell me which drivers are you using? I wanted to update to the DCH Drivers but get black flickering.
Will try to update the HDMI Firmware to 1.78 to and try again
I have these current versions:
Intel display audio drive ver 10.25.0.10
HDMI firmware version 1.78
Intel HD GRAPHICS DRIVER: VERSION 24.20.100.6286 

I had a flickering issue sometime back, the HDMI cable was very old , lower than 1.4 i think. When i changed, it solved the problem. I am sure you would have tried this.
(2021-03-10, 09:46)vinaysa18 Wrote: I have these current versions:
Intel display audio drive ver 10.25.0.10
HDMI firmware version 1.78
Intel HD GRAPHICS DRIVER: VERSION 24.20.100.6286 

I had a flickering issue sometime back, the HDMI cable was very old , lower than 1.4 i think. When i changed, it solved the problem. I am sure you would have tried this.

With the mentioned driver there is no flickering.
Only with the DCH drivers that are not specifically for NUC.

If you do not have the problem like described in my thread, could you please tell me what settings you use in the intel driver? All of them if possible.
I have two NUC7 with the BNB boards and both exhibit this problem.
I upgraded to 1.78 yesterday but still the problem persists. Searched for it but nothing came up. Except some people have it since Kodi18

No problems with this cable when using the Xbox Series X with all bells and whistles like 2160p60 with HDR. Cables are expensive UltraHD certified cables.
So it was a firmware issue for the LPSCON which is the internal DP to HDMI 2.0 converter which Intel source from a 3rd party since Intel still does not have native HDMI 2.x on the majority of their NUC's (Gemmi Lake being an exception if I recall correctly).
(2021-03-10, 12:35)jjd-uk Wrote: So it was a firmware issue for the LPSCON which is the internal DP to HDMI 2.0 converter which Intel source from a 3rd party since Intel still does not have native HDMI 2.x on the majority of their NUC's (Gemmi Lake being an exception if I recall correctly).

yes, seems like at this point in time an AMD APU build like AsRock's Deskmini X300 would be less prone to such issues, cheaper and CPU-upgrade'able.
Renoir and later APUs may be harder to get but certainly worth considering if someone wants to buy new hardware and not reuse an already owned NUC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wasapi setting Not showing audio formats on AVR, does not play surround0